Author Topic: OK. So I'm gonna breakdown and buy an electric skillet today.  (Read 8275 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: OK. So I'm gonna breakdown and buy an electric skillet today.
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2013, 08:21:52 PM »
Here's one for you.  You can save those peppers next time you order Papa Johns.

Mississippi Roast

Place the chuck roast in crock pot, sprinkle with Hidden Valley ranch dressing, add McCormick Au Jus mix, a stick of unsalted butter, 5 pepperoncini peppers. DO NOT ADD WATER. Cook on low for 7-8 hrs.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline JLO

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2013, 08:53:37 PM »
Here are some recipes you might like.  All doable with what you have to cook with.

http://allrecipes.com/search/default.aspx?qt=k&wt=cooked%20ground%20beef&rt=r&origin=Recipe%20Hub  :drool:

Allrecipes.com is a great cooking source for ideas.  You can sign up for a free membership and "save" the recipes you think sound good to your own "recipe box."  I find I can spend lots of time there. 

Have fun  :-)
Giving money and power to Democrats is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys--

Offline thundley4

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2013, 08:56:19 PM »
Never heard that one.  I don't know how comfortable I would be frying in a ceramic pot.  I wouldn't do any frying in a kitchen that didn't have an exhaust fan... you'll wind up with grease coating everything in the room.

They make them where the pot is removable and you fry in the base part of it.  Others don't have the crock lining but still work as a slow cooker and fryer.

Offline Karin

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2013, 02:04:10 PM »
Here's a good bachelor recipe, for if you get a crockpot:

Swedish Meatballs

Buy:  Bag of frozen meatballs
Jar of Heinz beef gravy
Jar of a creamy mushroom base, such as Progresso cream of mushroom soup, or Bertolli Mushroom Alfredo sauce

Put the liquids in the crockpot, rinse out jars with a little water.  Stir in about half the bag of meatballs.
Turn crockpot on low, and go off to work. 

Eat over noodles.   If you like sour cream, you can add a big spoonful at the last minute.

BTW Mr. Mannn, you never know who you can meet in those cooking classes.   :naughty:

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2013, 02:11:20 PM »
Don't tell me, soon you'll be using toilet paper.

:fuelfire:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2013, 02:33:45 PM »
Get a copy of this:
http://www.amazon.com/Betty-Crockers-Microwaving-One-Two/dp/0394535936/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1382988274&sr=8-2&keywords=Microwaving+for+one+or+two

You will thank me later. :cheersmate:

A portable dishwasher might also be a nice thing to have if you got a couple bucks to blow:

http://www.amazon.com/SPT-SD-2201W-Countertop-Dishwasher-White/dp/B004MX8XO6/ref=sr_1_1?s=appliances&ie=UTF8&qid=1382988416&sr=1-1

It beats throwing away stuff that has soaked in the sink for weeks because you couldn't pull the strainer without retching,  just think of it as a friend for the microwave.   :lmao:
< watch this space for coming distractions >