Author Topic: Michelle Obama’s Princeton classmate is executive at company that built Obamacar  (Read 13081 times)

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
Michelle Obama’s Princeton classmate is executive at company that built Obamacare website

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/25/michelle-obamas-princeton-classmate-is-executive-at-company-that-built-obamacare-website/#ixzz2ipXDDAzO

First Lady Michelle Obama’s Princeton classmate is a top executive at the company that earned the contract to build the failed Obamacare website.

Toni Townes-Whitley, Princeton class of ’85, is senior vice president at CGI Federal, which earned the no-bid contract to build the $678 million Obamacare enrollment website at Healthcare.gov. CGI Federal is the U.S. arm of a Canadian company.

Townes-Whitley and her Princeton classmate Michelle Obama are both members of the Association of Black Princeton Alumni.

Well, I guess the old saying is true...It's not what you know, but who you know that counts.
I hope the DUmmies are proud of what their 1st lady has dropped on them.
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
Wait... where is the outrage from the dummies.  Cronyism as they call it.

I would love to see a detailed bill of the $678 Million.

I have been in IT for the majority of my career and I just don't understand how the cost could be even close to that.

I mean I just figured in 100 developers at $150 per an hour for 3 years.  That's just $9 Million.  Lets just be safe through in the project managers and IT tech staff and triple that.  So that is $27 Million for 3 years.  Lets be super safe and double that because I am sure I forgot some shit.  That is $60 Million rounded up.  That should cover most salaries so with a little more rounding am I to assume that $600 million was spent on equipment?  That would be ridiculous.
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline Linda

It was a no bid contract too.

Offline DLR Pyro

Townes-Whitley and her Princeton classmate Michelle Obama are both members of the Association of Black Princeton Alumni

are whites allowed to join this group?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
are whites allowed to join this group?

It's racist to ask that.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: Michelle Obama’s Princeton classmate is executive at company
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 09:46:08 PM »
So, let's see...Medicare Part D was rolled out in the Bush administration.  What do you think the hue and cry would have been in the MSM had there been a website that cost taxpayers nearly a BILLION dollars, didn't work, and was built by a company partly owned by Laura Bush's old college roomie?

Yeah.  You see me working.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Linda

What are we hearing from the MSM and the rest of the left? ***CRICKETS***

Offline thundley4

Company behind Obamacare website in charge of nearly $2 billion in Sandy relief

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/26/company-behind-obamacare-website-in-charge-of-nearly-2-billion-in-sandy-relief/#ixzz2iybfII00

There are also rumors that Valerie Jarret's daughter's husband is a lawyer that works for CGI Federal.

Here's a link to the story about the wedding that the Obama's attended.  http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2012/06/20/obama_attends_wedding_of_toronto_liberal_mpps_son.html

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
We have recently heard the role that Gruber played in owebumacare in addition to all the graft, cronyism and corruption owebuma planted into the bill.
Some people actually believed libs like Nancy "Bela" Pelosi and owebuma who said they never heard of Gruber, or He's just a guy...

Are you so gullible as to place your faith in the credibility of the current White House?

If so, you might have to find yourself end up eating crow and apologizing to the skeptics for your gullibility as happened to Bloomberg Politics managing editor Mark Halperin on Morning Joe today.
Halperin's apology came on the heels of a report yesterday in the Wall Street Journal that despite previous White House denials, it actually had quite extensive contacts with Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber.

Here are some of the details that made Halperin feel foolish for placing his blind faith in the White House:

Jonathan Gruber, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology economist whose comments about the health-care law touched off a political furor, worked more closely than previously known with the White House and top federal officials to shape the law, previously unreleased emails show.

The emails, provided by the House Oversight Committee to The Wall Street Journal, cover messages Mr. Gruber sent from January 2009 through March 2010.
Committee staffers said they worked with MIT to obtain the 20,000 pages of emails.

...The emails show frequent consultations between Mr. Gruber and top Obama administration staffers and advisers in the White House and the Department of Health and Human Services on the Affordable Care Act.
They show he informed HHS about interviews with reporters and discussions with lawmakers, and he consulted with HHS about how to publicly describe his role.

The administration has sought to distance itself from the economist in the wake of his controversial statements in a 2013 video, where he said the health law passed because of the “huge political advantage” of the legislation’s lacking transparency.
He also referred to the “stupidity of the American voter.”

...The White House has described Mr. Gruber as having a limited role in crafting the law.
President Barack Obama in 2014 said Mr. Gruber was “some adviser who never worked on our staff.”
Mr. Gruber told Congress last year he disagreed with the widespread characterization of his role as the “architect” of Mr. Obama’s health-care plan.

Hey, the White House's dubious denial was sure believed by Mark Halperin with the result that he had to apologize to Republicans today on Morning Joe for believing the White House over them:

MIKA BRZEZINSKY: ...The man who said America was tricked about the high cost of Obamacare, was a lot closer to the controversial law's creation than previously known.
New emails show that MIT economist Jonathan Gruber, remember him, was in regular contact with high level Obama administration staffers about the health care law policy...

JOE SCARBOROUGH: But that's not what the White House said, Mark Halperin.
They said he was not there.

MARK HALPERIN: No, and I owe all my Republican sources an apology because they kept telling me he was hugely involved and the White House played it down.
They were right.
The Republicans were right.

SCARBOROUGH: Did the White House lie about that?

HALPERIN: I think they were not fully forthcoming. Their recollections had paled.

Everybody chuckled about Halperin's use of the term "not fully forthcoming" in place of "lied
."
Even Democrat panelists Howard Dean and Harold Ford chuckled when asked if the White House lied and merrily replied they were "not fully forthcoming."

Gruber ended up grubering a lot of libs including Pelosi and owebuma.
The best gruberer though is owebuma himself.
There is no logical reason to trust anything owebuma says ever, based on his nearly pathological lying every chance he gets.

full article...

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/pj-gladnick/2015/06/22/obamacare-mark-halperin-apologizes-republicans-believing-white-house#sthash.eEVAK1ES.dpuf
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.