Author Topic: Photography  (Read 62930 times)

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Re: Photography
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2014, 10:12:12 AM »
Tufted Totmouse.  :lmao:

For some reason, these guys are hard to get.

Food fight.

Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2014, 09:19:57 AM »
This is a look closely at the sky, picture.

F4U-5N
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline thundley4

« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2014, 11:24:35 AM »
This is a look closely at the sky, picture.

F4U-5N

Looks like a comet.

ETA: Comet Pan-Starrs?

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2014, 12:20:57 PM »
Looks like a comet.

ETA: Comet Pan-Starrs?
Sure is.  :cheersmate:

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2014, 08:11:29 AM »
Picked up a new addition a few days ago.  Kind of a specialized beast.
It's taking a bit of time getting used to.  107degree field of view at 16mm on a full frame camera.
Works out to be a 24mm equivalent on a crop frame.  I already have an 18-135 for the crop, so this thing goes on the full.

Waiting for a good clear night to make a few long exposures and see what I get.
I think I'll put it on a tracking mount and run some 5 or 10 minute shots.

Should mention, the-digital-picture site is a good one to visit if lens shopping.
http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 08:14:50 AM by Skul »

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2014, 03:05:30 PM »
The new one is a different ball of wax.
Messed with it in the backyard, with mixed results.
Took it to more wide open spaces yesterday, and it really came out.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #81 on: March 16, 2014, 11:50:38 AM »
Other airplane stuff.

Offline biersmythe

• Molon Labe
« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2014, 10:04:59 PM »
WOW new lens takes some great pics...or is that the guy that bought the lens...lol keep em coming bud love the outdoor pics you posted.
Teach a man to build a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life!!!!

Knowledge is half the battle.
The other half is violence!

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

The box said: "Requires Windows XP or better." So i installed Linux.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2014, 01:54:59 PM »
WOW new lens takes some great pics...or is that the guy that bought the lens...lol keep em coming bud love the outdoor pics you posted.
A lot has to do with the lens/camera.
The rest is just damn fool luck.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2014, 12:23:16 PM »
Airshow at NAS Kingsville last weekend.
Y'all get to suffer with more airplane pictures. :-)

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2014, 01:57:27 PM »
NICE MiG-17 shots! :hi5:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2014, 08:24:33 PM »
Insanity not required, however, it helps.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2014, 04:06:01 PM »
A couple more for D6.

Offline biersmythe

• Molon Labe
« Reply #88 on: April 04, 2014, 09:19:51 PM »
Insanity not required, however, it helps.

Those Blue Angels? I had models of them when I was a kid...lol
Teach a man to build a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life!!!!

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2014, 09:51:59 AM »
Those Blue Angels? I had models of them when I was a kid...lol
I'll bet it was the A-4F model. Those were flown until 1986.

More pix.
We hit a wildlife preserve after the show.
There's an alligator in this shot.

Back to the show.
Originally, the BD-5J.

Very nice T-33.

Here's the gator.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2014, 12:15:52 PM »
More T-33.

This one's for the Jarheads.  :-)

Offline biersmythe

• Molon Labe
« Reply #91 on: April 14, 2014, 09:48:50 PM »

Here's the gator.

[/quote]

BIG GATOR!!!!

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #92 on: April 17, 2014, 05:22:29 PM »
I get another chance of doing better, this coming October.

Offline biersmythe

• Molon Labe
« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2014, 08:49:01 PM »
I get another chance of doing better, this coming October.

Go for it bud...you are miles ahead of me. i think you do great now...just need some more samples on an occasion..lol

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2014, 09:01:09 PM »
Can you do a full-sized crop of the moon?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2014, 09:43:29 PM »
Can you do a full-sized crop of the moon?

Sorry for not promptly replying.  I think you know the reason.
Anyway, I hope to start posting pix from before the fall, and work on getting my hands functional again.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #96 on: February 20, 2015, 07:25:17 PM »
Well, I must be optimistic if anything. A couple months ago, I ordered a Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM UWA lens for my 70D. Cripes, I can't even hold a camera yet.  :rotf:
I loaned it to a friend to try out on his 60D. He liked it so much, he ordered his own.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #97 on: March 17, 2015, 10:30:22 PM »
I found a simple App from Adobe, that I can use to tweak photos. It's not as good as the full blown programs, but, I can use it on the iPad.
Physical dimensions suck. Oh well, I'm back to pictures again.   :yahoo:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 10:33:09 PM by Skul »

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #98 on: March 17, 2015, 10:32:29 PM »
Well, I must be optimistic if anything. A couple months ago, I ordered a Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM UWA lens for my 70D. Cripes, I can't even hold a camera yet.  :rotf:
I loaned it to a friend to try out on his 60D. He liked it so much, he ordered his own.

Have you given any thought to mounting a monopod on your wheelchair?
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #99 on: March 17, 2015, 10:34:20 PM »
Have you givens any thought to mounting a monopod on your wheelchair?

Hmmmm I do have one.  :-)