Author Topic: Photography  (Read 62934 times)

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Re: Photography
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2013, 01:04:50 PM »
One last photo of the P-63, then one of a P-40K Warhawk, and two of a P-40N Warhawk.

Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline biersmythe

• Molon Labe
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2013, 08:40:40 PM »
YEY! Planes with teeth.  :cheersmate:
Teach a man to build a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life!!!!

Knowledge is half the battle.
The other half is violence!

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

The box said: "Requires Windows XP or better." So i installed Linux.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2013, 04:00:35 PM »
Here's a couple more with "teeth".  :-)
One with out.
In order, a Goodyear FG-1D, Grumman F-8F-2, Chance-Vought F-4U-5NL, and the B-747 Shuttle Transporter.
Looking just off the tail of the FG-1 photo, you can see the transporter as it now sits, no longer needed.

Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2014, 10:46:16 AM »
Mig-17F

Personal favorite.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2014, 12:28:58 PM »
A few more.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2014, 01:41:17 PM »
Amazing photos.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2014, 05:08:43 PM »
I agree.  I couldn't get pictures that clear and detailed if the plane was on the ground and I was using a tripod.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2014, 11:40:40 AM »
Not even close to being done.  :-)

Grumman F4F...also known as a General Motors FM-2

B-25J Mitchell

Offline biersmythe

• Molon Labe
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2014, 09:46:24 PM »
Awesome Pics as usual....The man has a great camera and a steadier hand than I.

edit for SP. as usual lol
Teach a man to build a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life!!!!

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2014, 08:03:48 PM »
Not all my pix are mundane aircraft.
Out in the backyard today.

Begs for a nut.

The pounce.

Off she went.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2014, 08:27:11 PM »
What are you using for a lens and camera body?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2014, 08:53:19 PM »
What are you using for a lens and camera body?
Canon 70D with EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L for those.
I found the 70D works a bit better for those that the 5D Mkll body.
Switched to the 70-200 f/2.8L for later shots.  Needed the aperture.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2014, 09:02:24 PM »
I have a Konica-Minolta 7D.  I have a 70-200 lens and a separate 50mm, but I don't recall the speed/aperture.  I wonder how similar they are.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2014, 08:17:26 AM »
I have a Konica-Minolta 7D.  I have a 70-200 lens and a separate 50mm, but I don't recall the speed/aperture.  I wonder how similar they are.
The 50 is probably an f/1.4.  I didn't think they had a 70-200 unless it's another brand.
There are different quality ranges for most lenses, so unless yours is up the ladder, it won't compare.
The 7D was the last camera that Minolta put out.  Kind of a shame, they had very good film cameras.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2014, 05:20:29 PM »
Grumman F7F-3P Tigercat

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2014, 10:28:59 AM »
It's possible to run into some oddballs now and then.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2014, 11:01:07 AM »
It's possible to run into some oddballs now and then.

Hello, Buran!  :hyper:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2014, 05:36:44 PM »
Hello, Buran!  :hyper:
Aha, you know it!
Good catch.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2014, 07:42:00 PM »
I spent some money yesterday.
Ordered a Tokina 16-28mm ultra-wide angle lens.
Not sure what the hell I'm gonna do with it.  Had to have the thing.

edit.... It's on back order.  :banghead:
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 09:23:49 PM by Skul »

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2014, 12:11:50 AM »
Aha, you know it!
Good catch.

Know it?  I've been aboard it, up on the flight deck even.  There ain't a thing about that ship that doesn't scream HUGE! :cheersmate:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2014, 09:16:20 AM »
Know it?  I've been aboard it, up on the flight deck even.  There ain't a thing about that ship that doesn't scream HUGE! :cheersmate:
In that case, I can safely assume you know what these are.  :-)

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2014, 02:56:07 PM »
Sitting under the pear tree, slamming some beer yesterday.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2014, 07:53:12 PM »
Love the cardinal, the squirrels not so much.   :mad:

:-)
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2014, 08:54:42 AM »
Love the cardinal, the squirrels not so much.   :mad:
 :-)
How can you not love a squirrel?  :-)

One for Biersmythe.

Offline biersmythe

• Molon Labe
« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2014, 08:34:51 PM »
One for Biersmythe.

New kind of car that drives sideways?   HAHA looks like a big OOP'S