Author Topic: L.A. Times cuts off climate-change deniers  (Read 1767 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
L.A. Times cuts off climate-change deniers
« on: October 14, 2013, 09:39:32 PM »
L.A. Times cuts off climate-change deniers

Thornton responded in a Tuesday afternoon op-ed that explained his policy.

"When deciding which letters should run among hundreds on such weighty matters as climate change, I must rely on the experts -- in other words, those scientists with advanced degrees who undertake tedious research and rigorous peer review," wrote Thornton.

"The debate right now isn't whether this evidence exists (clearly, it does) but what this evidence means for us."

Last month, another mainstream source of science news, the magazine "Popular Science," took an even more direct approach to removing the deniers from the climate change discussion. On Sept. 24, PopSci announced that it is shutting off comments on its website.
CBS News
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Re: L.A. Times cuts off climate-change deniers
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 09:53:38 PM »
What he meant to say was...

"When deciding which letters should run among hundreds on such weighty matters as climate change, I must rely on the experts -- in other words, those scientists with whom I agree and assure us of the validity of man made global warming despite all evidence to the contrary."
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.