Author Topic: Lurking DUmmies: this is 0bamacare, not the Columbia Record & Tape Club  (Read 3659 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.

You might be giddy about the Styx and Humble Pie records you just signed up for at a penny, but wait til the real bill comes. You won't be able to say you don't want next month's selection, either.
That 0dumbo and the Dumbettes record is coming no matter what, and YOU have to pay for it.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Re:
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 02:28:48 PM »
You also have to pay for the records that other people ordered.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline freedumb2003b

Re:
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 02:29:35 PM »
You also have to pay for the records that other people ordered.

And the ones shipped to them even if they didn't order.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline freedumb2003b

Re: Lurking DUmmies: this is 0bamacare, not the Columbia Record & Tape Club
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 02:32:25 PM »
     You might be giddy about the Styx and Humble Pie records you just signed up for at a penny, but wait til the real bill comes. You won't be able to say you don't want next month's selection, either.
That 0dumbo and the Dumbettes record is coming no matter what, and YOU have to pay for it.

How  in the hell did you know I ordered all if Styx' albums when I joined the Columbia Record club for yes, a penny.

And whenever I missed returning that damn card I got charged $11 (quite a bit back then) for some group no one ever heard of, then or now.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 02:34:59 PM »
One other differance the Columbia Record & Tape Club web sites worked.

How many hundreds of billions has Obama the Incompetent and his merry band of idiots spent in the last three years to such a monstrous cluster ****.

Also if a private company had rolled anything out near this bad there would be 20 federal agencies up their ass fining and regulating. In the fedgov there will be promotions and bonuses for the train wreck.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Laelth

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 03:41:24 PM »
What's nifty (for those who favor the ACA) is that all the glitches would have been a major news item, but they got overshadowed by the government shut-down.

Serious question here, though.  The Republican Party is in trouble.  How this shutdown might be useful to conservatives is beyond me.  Can anyone explain how this is a good thing for conservatives?

:???:

Hope all my fellow citizens here are well.

-Laelth
We are all in this boat together.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 04:08:39 PM »
What's nifty (for those who favor the ACA) is that all the glitches would have been a major news item, but they got overshadowed by the government shut-down.

Serious question here, though.  The Republican Party is in trouble.  How this shutdown might be useful to conservatives is beyond me.  Can anyone explain how this is a good thing for conservatives?

-Laelth

Because Obama and Harry Reid own it - lock, stock, and barrel.  The news is not favoring obama, especially not since he's out sticking his foot down his throat.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 04:11:28 PM »

-Laelth

Have the Dimocrat (commie) senators explain to us why corporations should get a break, but we don't. Also, why do they get a break and we don't?
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline jukin

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 04:38:44 PM »

-Laelth

First, there is no way that the democrat propagandists in the MSM would put out anything but glowing reports of the Obama HellCare. It. Just. Wouldn't. Happen. So get over the shutdown pushing it off the front pages.

Second, the republican party is in trouble because it doesn't listen to its base. Remember the million plus voters that stayed home in 2012?

Third, the choices were give Obama everything he wants or finally taking a stand to excite the public.

Fourth, I see this as the sequester. 0 and the evil democrat elites will be out hysterically yelling at how bad things will be and then pffft.

Fifth, and this is important, most people will continue on as if nothing happened. That will creep in that the federal government doesn't need to be so big.

Sixth, between his failure to keep government open AND the complete failure of the cACA exchanges in one day will demonstrate how over their heads Obama and his merry band of idiots truly are.

Seventh, this is not 95 and Obama ain't no Billy Jeff.

Eighth, builds momentum for the debt limit battle where Obama and the entire democrat senate caucus voted NO in 2006.

Is this some kind of slam dunk win? No. Do the republicans come out of it better than the alternative? Yes.  The only thing that can really screw the republicans in if the rinos get together and cut off their nose despite their faces for spite.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 05:06:01 PM »
Because Obama and Harry Reid own it - lock, stock, and barrel.  The news is not favoring obama, especially not since he's out sticking his foot down his throat.

Sir Golfsalot is not concerned about the shutdown at all in fact he went golfing (shocking I know) on Friday, Sat, Sun and Monday. Focused like a LASER beam he is.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Laelth

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2013, 06:17:45 AM »
Have the Dimocrat (commie) senators explain to us why corporations should get a break, but we don't. Also, why do they get a break and we don't?

Sadly, my answer to this one is simple.  It's because the Democrats are as afraid of ruffling the feathers of corporate interests as the Republicans are.  I think it was a bad move, but I have no other explanation for the President's fiat on this part of the ACA.  Not sure that the Senate had anything to do with it (other than passing the law in the first place).

-Laelth

Offline Laelth

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2013, 06:21:37 AM »

It will be interesting to see how this plays in the media, but jukin (above) suggests the MSM will protect Obama and the Democrats.  So far, one poll (at least) indicates that a majority of Americans are blaming Republicans for the shut-down.  This can change, of course.  Only time will tell.

Thanks for the response.

-Laelth

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2013, 06:27:53 AM »
It will be interesting to see how this plays in the media, but jukin (above) suggests the MSM will protect Obama and the Democrats.  So far, one poll (at least) indicates that a majority of Americans are blaming Republicans for the shut-down.  This can change, of course.  Only time will tell.

Thanks for the response.

-Laelth

Oh gawd it's back.  

And still spewing 100% pure bullshit
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 06:32:51 AM by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Laelth

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2013, 06:35:27 AM »
Oh gawd it's back.  

And still spewing 100% pure bullshit

Nice to see you, as well, txradioguy.   :cheersmate:

-Laelth

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2013, 06:39:31 AM »
Nice to see you, as well, txradioguy.   :cheersmate:

-Laelth

Wish I could say the same.  Whats the matter...OET forget to pay the server bill again?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Laelth

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2013, 07:41:18 AM »
First, there is no way that the democrat propagandists in the MSM would put out anything but glowing reports of the Obama HellCare. It. Just. Wouldn't. Happen. So get over the shutdown pushing it off the front pages.

Thanks for a thorough and thoughtful response.  I'll let you and wasp69 debate this first point.  Only time will tell how this will play out in the media.

Second, the republican party is in trouble because it doesn't listen to its base. Remember the million plus voters that stayed home in 2012?
  Those of us on the left (the Democratic Party's base) think the mainstream party doesn't listen to us, either.  Oddly enough, it appears the Republican Party is actually listening to its base now, in a way I haven't seen in the recent past.  That, in fact, may be part of the Republican Party's problem.  It's so afraid of its base that the national party must fight the ACA by any means possible, including shutting down the government. 

Third, the choices were give Obama everything he wants or finally taking a stand to excite the public.
  That's interesting.  I was unaware that some conservatives see this issue in such stark terms.  Thanks for that insight.

Fourth, I see this as the sequester. 0 and the evil democrat elites will be out hysterically yelling at how bad things will be and then pffft.

Fifth, and this is important, most people will continue on as if nothing happened. That will creep in that the federal government doesn't need to be so big.
  I don't understand your fourth point, but the fifth one I see, and the government shutdown will, I think, test how much the American people want various government services.  I think it's good to remind people how much they actually do want various government services, and the shutdown will serve as a useful reminder, but, if you're right, and we discover that various government employees/services are neither wanted nor needed, we will have a golden opportunity to fire/retrain said employees and eliminate wasteful programs.  Not sure this is a good idea in this economic climate, but you could be right, and we may see a public outcry for less government, but I doubt it.

Sixth, between his failure to keep government open AND the complete failure of the cACA exchanges in one day will demonstrate how over their heads Obama and his merry band of idiots truly are.
That, or the ACA will prove to be popular and wildly successful and the shutdown will be blamed on Republicans.  Hard to say, really, but if you're right, then I see your point.  That would be good for the Republican Party, presumably.

Seventh, this is not 95 and Obama ain't no Billy Jeff.
Democrats are banking on the notion that this shutdown will have the same results as the 1995 shutdown, but you're right to say that BO is not BC.  How that difference will play out remains to be seen.  I am on record as naming BC the best Republican President since Eisenhower, but BO is giving him a run for his money (from my perspective). 

Eighth, builds momentum for the debt limit battle where Obama and the entire democrat senate caucus voted NO in 2006.
The debt limit battle will be the real test, agreed.  It's just not cool to muck with the full faith and credit of the United States.  I suspect our business leaders will reign the Republican Party in on this one, but they'll pressure Democrats too, and we may see some compromise.

Is this some kind of slam dunk win? No. Do the republicans come out of it better than the alternative? Yes.  The only thing that can really screw the republicans in if the rinos get together and cut off their nose despite their faces for spite.
I very much appreciate your sharing your perspective on this.  Thanks.

-Laelth

Offline Laelth

• Banned
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2013, 07:52:22 AM »
Wish I could say the same.  Whats the matter...OET forget to pay the server bill again?

LOL.  Don't worry.  I can't stay long.  Lots of people are going to want to take a bite out of this chew toy, and I won't be able to keep up with my responses (as always).  Regards, all the same.

-Laelth

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2013, 08:00:05 AM »
I don't understand your fourth point

Your fellow Libtards in and out of the MSM have been running around in wide eyed terror proclaiming the end of the world as we know it starting with the sequester.

They seemed to be the only ones worried because the rest of the shrugged shrugged their shoulders and went on about their daily life.

Same thing is happening now.  The media is all in a tizzy over 800K of a total workforce of 2.9 million getting what amounts to a paid vacation.

Meanwhile the rest of America has more important thigns to worry about.

Translated: "pfft"

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2013, 08:02:56 AM »
The debt limit battle will be the real test, agreed.  It's just not cool to muck with the full faith and credit of the United States.  I suspect our business leaders will reign the Republican Party in on this one, but they'll pressure Democrats too, and we may see some compromise.

The isue on the debt limit isn't about current spending.  We're not going to default interest on money borrowed will stil be paid etc etc.  We take in almost $200 billion a month in income in this country.

This fight is about future spending and how much of it the President will be able to get away with and how much he'll be allowed to add to the 6 trillion he's already added to the deficit. He wants carte blanche.

There will be no compromise.  He's already said he's not going to negotiate.

Offline Laelth

• Banned
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2013, 08:13:42 AM »
Your fellow Libtards in and out of the MSM have been running around in wide eyed terror proclaiming the end of the world as we know it starting with the sequester.

They seemed to be the only ones worried because the rest of the shrugged shrugged their shoulders and went on about their daily life.

Same thing is happening now.  The media is all in a tizzy over 800K of a total workforce of 2.9 million getting what amounts to a paid vacation.

Meanwhile the rest of America has more important thigns to worry about.

Translated: "pfft"

That makes sense.  Thanks for the clarification.  I am not sure I agree with you, however.  People really do miss government services when they lose them.  Case in point:  Just yesterday a local elementary school had to cancel a field trip to a federally-funded national monument in my home town.  Some people were upset about that.  How upset remains to be seen.  I suppose it depends on how long the shutdown lasts.

-Laelth

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2013, 08:19:32 AM »
That makes sense.  Thanks for the clarification.  I am not sure I agree with you, however.  People really do miss government services when they lose them.  Case in point:  Just yesterday a local elementary school had to cancel a field trip to a federally-funded national monument in my home town.  Some people were upset about that.  How upset remains to be seen.  I suppose it depends on how long the shutdown lasts.

-Laelth

They haven't lost any necessary government services.  The monument will still be there when this thing is over.  Federally funded National Monuments in a town most likely in the Congress critters home state are nothing more than pork to keep the votes coming his/her way.

The necessary functions of the Government won't shut down.  Obama has already signed into law an order making sure that they stay open and operating.

Offline Laelth

• Banned
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2013, 08:31:35 AM »
They haven't lost any necessary government services.  The monument will still be there when this thing is over.  Federally funded National Monuments in a town most likely in the Congress critters home state are nothing more than pork to keep the votes coming his/her way.

The necessary functions of the Government won't shut down.  Obama has already signed into law an order making sure that they stay open and operating.
I agree, ultimately.  The national monument isn't going anywhere, and it's a good thing that the President has signed an order keeping certain government services open and operational.  Still, people don't like it when those "non-essential" services are closed.  My question is about tactics and strategy.  My assumption (and I may be wrong) is that this shutdown puts Republicans in a no-win situation, and I wanted to see what intelligent conservatives have to say about that.

I appreciate your response.

-Laelth

Offline Laelth

• Banned
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2013, 08:47:33 AM »
The isue on the debt limit isn't about current spending.  We're not going to default interest on money borrowed will stil be paid etc etc.  We take in almost $200 billion a month in income in this country.

Hmm ... are you suggesting that a failure to increase the debt limit will not affect the full faith and credit of the United States?  If so, I am not sure that I agree.  Our bond ratings and our currency value will both suffer from our failure to increase the debt limit, as far as I know.  I would be happy to be proven wrong on this point.

This fight is about future spending and how much of it the President will be able to get away with and how much he'll be allowed to add to the 6 trillion he's already added to the deficit. He wants carte blanche.

There will be no compromise.  He's already said he's not going to negotiate.

Well, BO is a politician, and he keeps his options open.  What he says one day may be quite different from what he says the next.  That said, I hope he does not compromise.  I tend to agree with those who suggest that BO should demand more from the Republicans in order to let them save face and get themselves out of the pickle they find themselves in, as I argued here: http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1016&pid=74669

-Laelth

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
No it will not affect it. What IS affecting it is the out of control spending by the POTUS and his refusal to get a budget passed and use Federal revenue as his personal slush fund.

The only people the POTUS keeps his options open with are al Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2013, 09:54:26 AM »
Just yesterday a local elementary school had to cancel a field trip to a federally-funded national monument in my home town.  Some people were upset about that.  How upset remains to be seen.

:panic:

So, did you think that Obumbles "speach" (  O-) ) was NOT a melt-down? The Emperor has thin skin.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.