Author Topic: Lurking DUmmies: this is 0bamacare, not the Columbia Record & Tape Club  (Read 3784 times)

Offline Laelth

• Banned
Re: Lurking DUmmies: this is 0bamacare, not the Columbia Record & Tape Club
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2013, 01:45:55 PM »
You do understand that his attempt to push the "Republican sequester" meme pretty much failed, don't you?  You do understand that no one, anywhere, is buying his bullshit anymore, don't you?
Sorry, no.  I do not understand either of those statements to be true.  Neither of them.

-Laelth
We are all in this boat together.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2013, 01:49:34 PM »
When the President announced that he would not push for a single-payer system because it would be, in his words, "too disruptive," i.e. it would kill the health insurance industry, I was quite angry.  I want the health insurance industry crippled (and left only selling cadillac plans to the wealthy).  I don't think insurance is a good model to use when dealing with health care.  Insurance is great for high cost/low risk situations (like replacing a house that has burned down), but health care is different.  It's high cost and nearly 100% risk.  Nearly all of us will get sick and need medical care at one time or another, and so insurance doesn't work well for that (unless you like insurance companies padding their bottom lines by regularly denying coverage).  Health, I think, is a vital, national concern.  As such, I want to (mostly) get the insurance companies out of it.

And nothing is free in this society, as you know, but I think tax revenues are a more just and equitable way to pay for healthcare services that we all need.

Thanks for the response.

-Laelth

Well isn`t that special of you...what do you propose happens to all those that work in that industry do since you so magnanimously have wished poverty on them?

Offline Dori

« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2013, 01:50:33 PM »
Um ... because we can't pay our bills unless we increase the debt ceiling?  And if we don't pay our bills, we risk the full faith and credit of the United States?

-Laelth

So what do you do when your bills exceed your income?  You budget your money and you cut back your expenditures, not add to them. 

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2013, 01:51:30 PM »
Sorry, no.  I do not understand either of those statements to be true.  Neither of them.

-Laelth

No,you wish they were not true but look around genius...the only ones fretting are leftist cretins terrified that people have figured out government doesn`t have to grow unchecked to infinity.

Offline Laelth

• Banned
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2013, 01:56:12 PM »
Well isn`t that special of you...what do you propose happens to all those that work in that industry do since you so magnanimously have wished poverty on them?
Most likely, if we did get a single-payer system, many of those folks would go to work for the government and would help run the new single-payer system.

-Laelth

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2013, 02:00:03 PM »
Most likely, if we did get a single-payer system, many of those folks would go to work for the government and would help run the new single-payer system.

-Laelth

Thank you for proving what a brain dead idiot you are.
Eat shit and die.

Offline Dori

« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2013, 02:04:34 PM »

-Laelth

So who do you think is going to pay for their salaries? 
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2013, 02:13:09 PM »

-Laelth

Tax and crash, huh?  Brilliant plan...
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2013, 02:14:41 PM »
Sorry, no.  I do not understand either of those statements to be true.  Neither of them.

-Laelth

I'm not surprised.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 02:18:33 PM by wasp69 »
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2013, 02:17:00 PM »
Um ... because we can't pay our bills unless we increase the debt ceiling?  And if we don't pay our bills, we risk the full faith and credit of the United States?

-Laelth

Yes, we can.  Funny thing, that not being able to go grab more credit means you have to live within your means.  If we can't pay our bills without borrowing money (something that has already caused a bond rating downgrade in 2011), something has gone terribly wrong. 

Wouldn't you agree?

C.S. Lewis

Offline Laelth

• Banned
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2013, 02:26:40 PM »
So what do you do when your bills exceed your income?  You budget your money and you cut back your expenditures, not add to them. 
You could, of course, increase your income.

-Laelth

Offline Laelth

• Banned
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2013, 02:29:22 PM »
Yes, we can.  Funny thing, that not being able to go grab more credit means you have to live within your means.  If we can't pay our bills without borrowing money (something that has already caused a bond rating downgrade in 2011), something has gone terribly wrong. 

Wouldn't you agree?
No, I do not agree.  We pay our bills by borrowing money all the time--always have and always will.

-Laelth

Offline Laelth

• Banned
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2013, 02:30:32 PM »
No,you wish they were not true but look around genius...the only ones fretting are leftist cretins terrified that people have figured out government doesn`t have to grow unchecked to infinity.
If you say so.

-Laelth

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2013, 02:32:14 PM »
No, I do not agree.  We pay our bills by borrowing money all the time--always have and always will.

-Laelth

You just took idiocy to a new level...what happens when the bill you are borrowing to pay was borrowed money to start with?

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2013, 02:35:54 PM »

-Laelth

Really?  This is how you run your household?

C.S. Lewis

Offline jukin

« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2013, 02:48:00 PM »

-Laelth

I see. 1+1=POTATO.

Do these people work for free?

Where do the resources come from?

You should read "Basic Economics" By Dr. Sowell. It will do you a world of good.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 05:13:52 PM by jukin »
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2013, 02:50:27 PM »

-Laelth

Gee,I want a new computer...how about you give me all the money (yeah,I know as a DUmbass that is less then 20 bucks) you have so I can get one.
See,I just increased my income!  :cheersmate:

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2013, 03:13:50 PM »

-Laelth

Not in this economy and not with the impending full implementation of Obamacare.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2013, 03:15:54 PM »
If you say so.

-Laelth

It's the truth.  Liberals if left unchecked would not have any limits on their spending at the Federal or any level.

Obama proves that every year he doesn't pass a budget.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2013, 04:16:52 PM »
Not in this economy and not with the impending full implementation of Obamacare.

Budgets are tight as the cost to employers skyrocket. 

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2013, 05:08:40 PM »
     You might be giddy about the Styx and Humble Pie records you just signed up for at a penny, but wait til the real bill comes. You won't be able to say you don't want next month's selection, either.
That 0dumbo and the Dumbettes record is coming no matter what, and YOU have to pay for it.

It extends beyond that even.

What the political left is essentially doing is saying "We want to dictate the terms by which we as a country operates," while failing to recognize that those of us who are the political right realize we're the one's who would be paying the bill, and we're not going to cooperate under those terms. Why should we? It's not worth our time or effort to continue to go along. Try and force us to go along with issues and programs we know are destructive and it won't be long until we are completely apathetic towards the whole thing. What happens when roughly 50% of the country doesn't care anymore? It seems that's what the Laelth's of the world want, because that will eventually be what they get at the rate they're going.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Laelth

• Banned
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2013, 05:58:34 AM »
Really?  This is how you run your household?
Um ... yes.  In fact, so do many Americans.  We buy houses and cars we can't afford on credit.  We borrow money we don't have (from a bank) and then pay the bank back through a mortgage or a car note.  This allows us to have things we can't afford to buy and then pay for those things over time based upon expected future income.

This is exactly what most people do, and it's also what our government does.  I see little difference.

-Laelth

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2013, 06:45:39 AM »
Um ... yes.  In fact, so do many Americans.  We buy houses and cars we can't afford on credit.  We borrow money we don't have (from a bank) and then pay the bank back through a mortgage or a car note.  This allows us to have things we can't afford to buy and then pay for those things over time based upon expected future income.

Way to totally misrepresent the banking and lending system of America to fit your little meme.

This is exactly what most people do, and it's also what our government does.  I see little difference.

-Laelth

Most people go to jail when they continue to bounce checks after they've run the bank acount dry. 

Most people don't get to arbitraily raise their debt limit when they've used up all the credit the bank has given them.

Most people get their shiny toys repoessessed or have to sell them when they don't have the money to pay for them.

Most people would go to jail for mishandling money the way the government does.

The Government gets to do all of that and give most people a big middle finger as they do it.

So no...AGAIN you're tragically wrong.  Most people do NOT operate just like the Federal Government does.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2013, 08:11:36 AM »

-Laelth

I read this, and weep when I realize that you can vote.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Laelth

• Banned
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2013, 08:31:58 AM »
I read this, and weep when I realize that you can vote.
What can I say?  I am sorry you feel that way.

-Laelth