Author Topic: car auction  (Read 3474 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
car auction
« on: August 19, 2013, 02:26:30 PM »
There was this little blurb in the regional daily newspaper today:

During the advisory board meeting of the Norfolk Area Visitors Bureau on Tuesday, members discussed how to reach out to the multitude of people expected to be in the area Sept. 25-28.

Kim Kwapnioski, director of the bureau, said the Lambrecht Chevrolet Company auction in Pierce could bring an estimated 50,000 people to the area to bid on the hundreds of vehicles.

It needs noted that the city of Pierce up over here has.....1,500 residents.

The whole northeastern quarter of Nebraska, about 100 miles north-south and 250 miles east-west, has maybe 50,000 people, total, if one fudges the numbers a bit.

It's about this:

Decision to sell classic collection ‘a very emotional one’

....For Stillwell, the memory serves as one of the first indicators of how deeply the love of automobiles — especially those bearing the Chevrolet logo — ran in her blood. It was a love passed down from her father, Ray Lambrecht, the owner of the Lambrecht Chevrolet Co. in Pierce, whose enormous collection of classic automobiles is slated to be auctioned off in late September.

The auction list includes some rare gems with less than 10 miles on the manufacturer’s sticker of origin — a 1978 Chevrolet Indy Pace Car, a 1958 Cameo Pickup, a 1965 Impala and a 1959 Bel Aire. In all, there are about 50 cars with the manufacturer’s sticker of origin, as well as used cars, project cars and, sadly, cars that will be good only for parts because of longtime exposure to the outdoor elements.

News of the auction has already cycled through the national media and drawn attention from car enthusiasts at home and abroad. It also has raised the eyebrows of a few car-loving A-listers.....
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Re: car auction
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 02:51:44 PM »
Here's a link to the auction notice, itemizing all items for sale.

But warning; it's 168 pages long.

http://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/auction_images/135/documents/Inventory.pdf
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 03:48:36 PM »
Here's a link to the auction notice, itemizing all items for sale.

But warning; it's 168 pages long.

http://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/auction_images/135/documents/Inventory.pdf

I went through the notice and it is 168 pages of crap.  No really desirable restoration projects and several of the low mileage (5-20 mi.) cars were stored outside for several years and sound like they were striped and vandalized.  Hard to pick the worst of the lot but the 1972 Ford Pinto scores right up there along with a couple of Vegas..

Offline CG6468

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 05:03:38 PM »
I believe it's a 1958 El Camino pickup, not a Camero pickup. But I could be wrong.....
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline JLO

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 06:21:47 PM »
I went through the notice and it is 168 pages of crap.  No really desirable restoration projects and several of the low mileage (5-20 mi.) cars were stored outside for several years and sound like they were striped and vandalized.  Hard to pick the worst of the lot but the 1972 Ford Pinto scores right up there along with a couple of Vegas..

Found the pages of photos - http://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/auctions_pictures.php?page=2&detail=135
Giving money and power to Democrats is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys--

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 11:04:18 PM »
Found the pages of photos - http://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/auctions_pictures.php?page=2&detail=135

At least they were pretty honest in the descriptions in the notice.  Now that this stuff is posted on line, I expect their might be a few less than 50,000 show up.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 10:32:01 AM »
So typical of "collectors". They love the cars to death.  :thatsright:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2013, 04:03:26 PM »
Maybe Frank Fritz and Mike Wolf will show up.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline JLO

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 04:31:31 PM »
Maybe Frank Fritz and Mike Wolf will show up.

Yes, they sure love rust, don't they.   :rofl:
Giving money and power to Democrats is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys--

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2013, 05:08:26 PM »
Car lovers hoping to reconnect with past

PIERCE – The Mustang hasn’t run for years. Neither has the Impala. The Fury lost its temper a long time ago. And the Galaxy no longer shines.

But that doesn’t matter to people like Rich Kallander of Keystone, S.D.

He stopped in Pierce on Monday hoping to get a glimpse of the vintage cars stashed inside a crumbling building along Highway 13, or the hundreds more lined up in a field near town.

He hoped to reconnect with a car from his youth — a silver-blue ’64 Chevy Impala with a 327 engine that his brother bought new from Lambrecht Chevrolet in Pierce.....

http://norfolkdailynews.com/news/car-lovers-hoping-to-reconnect-with-past/article_f9b90ec6-09a7-11e3-96a4-001a4bcf6878.html
apres moi, le deluge

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2013, 12:33:05 AM »

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2013, 01:26:48 AM »
Wow, I can't believe the prices the cars brought.

Auction

First off was the top seller thus far – the 1958 Chevrolet Cameo pickup with 1.3 miles and a dented roof, which sold for $145,000.  Next up, a 1958 Cjevrolet Apache truck with 5 miles sold for $85,000. Then the ’78 Corvette pace car with 4 miles sold for $80,000.