Author Topic: cursor problem  (Read 3568 times)

Offline mechanic

• Probationary (Probie)
cursor problem
« on: September 19, 2013, 08:13:29 PM »
I have just purchased two identical HP Compaq dx7200 computer running W7, SP 1. 

Here is my problem.  First, I enjoy working jigsaw puzzles online.  But when I try to solve the problem and I move the cursor over a piece of the puzzle, left click to move the piece, many times the cursor locks onto the puzzle piece and won't release it until I left click several times.  How can I stop this.

Second, I produce a lot of documents on Microsoft Works 9 and when I try to highlight a portion of the text to delete it. change it, or move it many time when I left click, move the cursor over the desired text the highlighting will stop but the cursor still moves.  If I am not careful and don't move the cursor back over the highlighted section and release the mouse button the highlighted portion will be moved.  Again, how can I stop this.  There are other problems similar to this but if I can find a solution to these maybe I can solve the others.

I am not a computer expert, but not a newbie either as I can do many things with a computer.  Thanks.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
Re: cursor problem
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 09:34:54 PM »
I'm guessing you checked the "click lock" in the mouse properties. ?

John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 09:59:34 PM »
You're using a laptop... are you using an external mouse or the laptop's touchpad?

Windows 7 comes with this horrible feature called 'Tapping'.  It's horrendous.  Go into the Mouse settings on the Control Panel and navigate to the touchpad controls.  Turn off the tapping feature.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Mike B the Cajun

• Pot Stirrer
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 08:30:47 PM »
Better still, get a mouse and disable the touchpad...    :-)
Don't get stuck on stupid...

I am of the CauCajun persuasion...  :-)

Leftwing lunatic thought process concerning police: I'm armed with bad breath and body odor. The police are armed with a badge, a tazer, a 9mm, and a shotgun.  I should antagonize them.

Offline mechanic

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 07:41:50 PM »
I'm guessing you checked the "click lock" in the mouse properties. ?

No, it is unchecked.  I even went so far as to check it, save it, restart the computer, uncheck it and save.  But it didn't work.

Offline mechanic

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 07:43:01 PM »
You're using a laptop... are you using an external mouse or the laptop's touchpad?

Windows 7 comes with this horrible feature called 'Tapping'.  It's horrendous.  Go into the Mouse settings on the Control Panel and navigate to the touchpad controls.  Turn off the tapping feature.

Sorry, this is a desktop with an infrared mouse.

Offline marv

• In Memoriam
  • Resident Grandpa
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 07:53:47 AM »
The mistake is buying HP.
FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: THE SOAP BOX, THE BALLOT BOX, THE JURY BOX, AND THE CARTRIDGE BOX.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA