Author Topic: Gene Simmons Defends Tim Tebow, Wants Football To Be More Like KISS  (Read 2488 times)

Offline RobJohnson

Has polarizing football player Tim Tebow gotten a raw deal in the press because of his religious beliefs? And would he be treated more respectfully if he were not Christian, and specifically, Muslim? Gene Simmons thinks so.

“He’s got a religious passion, as well he should, we’re in America,” the KISS frontman told Radio.com earlier this week. ”He’s proud to be a Christian, what’s wrong with that? And yet, with sports media and pop culture media, they make fun of his religion. Really? In America? If he was wearing a burqa, they wouldn’t dare say anything [editor's note: only Muslim women wear burqas]. But if you’re a Christian, you get to be picked on? What the hell? The guy’s got family values. I never saw the media picking on Michael Vick for torturing dogs. Or this other football player, who’s alleged to have killed, committed murder.  That’s ‘cool.’ But a guy who’s religious and has got family values isn’t ‘cool?’ He’s cool to me.”

From the article comments:

Islam and it's values/teaching is counter to nearly everything secular Liberals stand for. Islam is the modern day Fascism.

They are intolerant of ANYONE or GROUP who does not believe as they do. [especially secular Liberals]

Muslims targeted the two most Liberal cities in America
Muslims summarily execute gays and adulterers

Gays would stand a chance walking through a Muslim city hand in hand.

Yet Liberals still defend and embrace them

Liberals are idiots

http://news.radio.com/2013/09/13/gene-simmons-tim-tebow-religion-football-interview/

Offline longview

Re: Gene Simmons Defends Tim Tebow, Wants Football To Be More Like KISS
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 10:17:46 PM »
I'd heard that Simmons spoke up for Tebow.  Good for him.

Offline freedumb2003b

Re: Gene Simmons Defends Tim Tebow, Wants Football To Be More Like KISS
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 10:23:08 PM »
I'd heard that Simmons spoke up for Tebow.  Good for him.

As a Christian, Tebow is a great representative (although we can argue ego as a service).

As a football player, Tebow should have taken the CFL up on their offer.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.