Author Topic: Amber Prepares For Her Big Exit Interview  (Read 8084 times)

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
Re: Amber Prepares For Her Big Exit Interview
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2013, 05:50:54 AM »
Sometimes it is hard to follow DUmmy storylines, but I think it is that the store manager is a male, and the district/area manager is female.  That is the way it is at the convenience store where I have my daily coffee. 

The area manager has 6 or 7 stores, and visits in each one at least every other day.  Store managers come and go, but this area guy has been there for several years.

OK, I though Amber was talking about the same person...Thanks for clearing that up for me.
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2013, 08:36:45 AM »
This is just TOOOOOOO funny!!!

Lady Freedom Returns (5,968 posts)
10. Yup!

By the District Manager herself.

See, I was marked for assistant manager.

Sure you were.   :lmao:

Well, bukkake is a sort of 'marking.' :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2013, 09:04:11 AM »
My guess is she just has to sign a piece of paper saying that she voluntarily quits.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2013, 11:37:31 AM »
And...a little Facebook note from Amber's kid sister, Annette:

Annette Hoyt
June 26 via mobile.

Well looks like IM not geting that new job IM stuck at Wendys to who ever have me the bad reference thanks for ****ing me out of a better job that would have been better for me my family and my wallet thank you so ****ing much u son of a birches burn in hell ****ers

The Hoyt girls are a lovely family.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2013, 11:49:05 AM »

Annette Hoyt
June 26 via mobile.

Well looks like IM not geting that new job IM stuck at Wendys to who ever have me the bad reference thanks for ****ing me out of a better job that would have been better for me my family and my wallet thank you so ****ing much u son of a birches burn in hell ****ers

"son of a birches"

:rotf: :rotf:

God what an intellectual family they are.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2013, 11:51:15 AM »

Another employment-related gem from her sister (taken verbatim):

im ****ing pissed what the hell IV been there 5 ****ing years and all I am is a ****ing crew leder but a lilbitch that has only been there 1month is geting inaviwd for shift manger what the **** that's not evn fare — feeling annoyed.

Were I a reality TV producer, I would create a show called, simply, WHITE TRASH. No scripting or guidance necessary - just follow the Hoyt girls and their friends around and you will have hours of quality, actual entertainment.

NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2013, 12:24:32 PM »
Classy.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2013, 12:41:56 PM »
I'm struggling with Amber's employment history, so I took it from her Facebook page. I think I have a handle on it now. For 5 years she claimed she was a production technician and associate producer at a television station. My guess is that she was more of what is called a GOFER, since (a) she hasn't had a job in television since 2008, and (b) she apparently went straight from her job as a "producer" to a sales clerk at a store in the mall. While there is NOTHING wrong with working a retail job (or almost any other), her employment since her weighty job at a TV station indicates a lack of coherence. One does not go from an established career in broadcasting to assorted retail and customer servicing positions unless the broadcasting career wasn't all that weighty in the first place.

"Associate producer" is often not a position, but a STATUS on a specific project. For example, she may have done extra work on a particular segment, day, week, etc., for which she was given producer status as a thanks. There are many stories about people in Hollywood who, in lieu of a pay raise or as thanks for a romp in the sack, have received "producer" status.

Were she an actual "producer," she would have contacts in the broadcast industry who could help her with a job. That is a small community. Instead, she's fretting over what is to most people a little pocket money so she can get to another part of the country where she will, doubtless, scrape by doing nothing special, chasing what appears to be a middle-aged man who dresses and poses like a white suburban wannabe thug 18-year-old.

Odd.

NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2013, 12:47:52 PM »
Another employment-related gem from her sister (taken verbatim):

Were I a reality TV producer, I would create a show called, simply, WHITE TRASH. No scripting or guidance necessary - just follow the Hoyt girls and their friends around and you will have hours of quality, actual entertainment.

They already do that. It's called Jerry springer...

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2013, 12:53:38 PM »
They already do that. It's called Jerry springer...

Springer is scripted. The Hoyt sisters aren't. I'd follow them from the check cashing place to the welfare office to their baby daddy place to the used car lot to Wendy's to the liquor store...man, what a show that would be.

NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2013, 12:56:39 PM »

Springer is scripted. The Hoyt sisters aren't. I'd follow them from the check cashing place to the welfare office to their baby daddy place to the used car lot to Wendy's to the liquor store...man, what a show that would be.

It was a joke. I am emoticon challenged on the phone to indicate such

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2013, 01:10:25 PM »
It was a joke. I am emoticon challenged on the phone to indicate such

You get a ^5 anyway.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline Karin

« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2013, 02:03:32 PM »
Discussion sometimes comes up about the differences that Southerners maintain as "common," "ordinary," and "trash."  I think we have the Hoyts pegged.  What a piece of work!  I don't have much of an appetite for Wendy's anymore. 

BTW, Miley Cyrus: common, ordinary or trash? 

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2013, 02:09:33 PM »
Discussion sometimes comes up about the differences that Southerners maintain as "common," "ordinary," and "trash."  I think we have the Hoyts pegged.  What a piece of work!  I don't have much of an appetite for Wendy's anymore. 

Started out as the first two, but became the last one.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2013, 03:30:58 PM »

Trash but her Daddy is common. I'm betting that she took her parents D-I-V-O-R-C-E bad.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2013, 05:41:55 PM »

Well now, I stand by my stance that even if her sisters aren't members of the country club set, they're still better than the alternative; she's better off under their tender loving care and management than she is on her own.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2013, 05:53:59 PM »
Cyrus took waterski lessons from Winkler.  :fuelfire:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline jukin

« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2013, 06:33:04 PM »
FreeDUmb's exit interview.

FreeDUmb: "I'm ready for my exit interview."

Convenient Store Manager: "Well, Bye."
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2013, 06:43:52 PM »
I wonder if Amber will take care of Crystal and Annette before she leaves to solve her Chad problem.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2013, 07:05:27 PM »
I wonder if Amber will take care of Crystal and Annette before she leaves to solve her Chad problem.

I got a sneaking suspicion she might. After all, you just know they're going to be orbiting the mailbox like sharks around a chunk of bloody tuna, waiting for that final check to come in, so they can get whatever final pittance they're gonna squeeze of what Amber owes 'em. It wouldn't shock me in the least if they "come to harm", because Amber wasn't gonna part with "her money".
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2013, 07:09:16 PM »

I'm wondering if--and I'm hoping--her caring, loving sisters have access to her facebook account, so that they know what's going on.  They need to know.

I suspect they don't know what's going on but hope they find out, so she doesn't leave the city limits of Joplin, where she's safer and in better hands.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Dori

« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2013, 07:48:36 PM »
I'm wondering if--and I'm hoping--her caring, loving sisters have access to her facebook account, so that they know what's going on.  They need to know.

I suspect they don't know what's going on but hope they find out, so she doesn't leave the city limits of Joplin, where she's safer and in better hands.

I thought she told them she was going back to AZ.
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2013, 05:13:35 AM »
Someone should post a link to this thread on her sister's facebook page or send one of the sisters a facebook message including this link.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2013, 06:04:03 AM »
Sure you were.   :lmao:

Well, bukkake is a sort of 'marking.' :whistling:

Remember that she was trying to get a job as a shot girl- but she didn't specify the type of shot.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Karin

« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2013, 08:48:16 AM »
Annette Hoyt
June 26 via mobile.

Frank, my friend, you're going to have to let go of that image in your mind of a kind and loving family, who knows what's best and can provide wholesome nurturing.  Let it go.  Look at the above.  This is not only "far from country club set" it's pure white trash.  No, Amber doesn't have a lot of options, but embracing this is not going to be her salvation.