Author Topic: primitives on wishadoo  (Read 8000 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives on wishadoo
« on: September 08, 2013, 01:04:44 PM »
Oh my.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10023623242

OneGrassRoot (19,647 posts)    Sun Sep 8, 2013, 12:19 PM

*** Help a DUer *** Sunday, 9/8/13

after which blah-blah-blah explaining how to contribute

There's three primitives listed, and so I went to see how they're doing.

First, there is Are Grits Groceries:

» South Carolina
» Florence

I need help. I live on a pension, and I don't have health insurance.

I don't have anybody else to depend on even for little things like running errands. I live with 2 sixteen year old cats who need certain medicine and food to maintain a decent life. They need tests right now to check and readjust their meds and such.

Everything has happened at once. My car needs a new alternator. I am marooned now.

I have to get new glasses.  My eyes are so bad that an exam and glasses cost about $500. I have put this off, but I am now unable to perform many basic tasks.

I have been treated for depression for decades. It has grown much worse, and I need to see my psychiatrist for several visits before it gets completely out of hand. I need about $1000 to pay for these unexpected expenses.

I have tried every other avenue I can think of. I thought I was going to make it through, but I was in denial or something. I should be panicking and screaming or help. I am out of energy and I just don't care. By the time I may get enough energy to care, it will probably be much worse. HELP!

^^^amount needed: $1000
^^^amount raised: $20 (1 donor)

Second, there is stewert:

» Illinois

For the last 3 years I was living with my 89 year old Father and taking care of him 24/7 because he had Alzheimers and Dementia. Then he got sick and passed away on May 14th, so now I am in his home all alone paying the house payment, truck, gas & lights, and the Cable/Phone/Internet bills.

I filed for SSI in December of 2012 and it was denied in June, so I am going through the appeal process. And the law firm working on my case tells me I should have a ruling by November. So I need to raise about $2.000.00 by November 10th, to pay my bills of $1.000.00 a month.

I am unemployed with a bad back from back surgery, and other medical problems, so even if I could work it will be almost impossible for me to find a job under my restrictions. For now, I just need to make it to November, and then hopefully SSI will approve my appeal.

^^^amount needed: $1000
^^^amount raised: $650 (6 donors)

But now stewert has added this: 9/8/13 UPDATE:  $1000 has been raised, so another $1000 is needed.  Ideally another $1300 could be raised since an unexpected insurance expense has arisen.

Third, there is Lady Freedom Returns:

» Missouri

I was in the Joplin Tornado of 2011. My Significant Other and I were having rough times at that point as it was. He was getting sick at the time and was told the V.A in Tucson would be a good place to go for him to get better. However things started to encroach into our relationship. He decided that after 10 years I was not enough for him. I ended up back in Joplin Mo.

I cannot stay here due to old family grievances. We never got along and they are not helping me. As of Sept. 7, I will have worked off all my debt to many people here that I have acquired at this point and will be ready to go home to Tucson. However it will leave me with very little to live on.

My dream at this point is to get back to Tucson (Oct. 5th that is going to happen), learn to drive, get back behind a studio camera, and get a nice Studio Apartment. But while I am trying to get this going, I just need some money to get food, other basics, and maybe a Motel room for a night since I will arrive on a Sunday morning and the offices I need are closed. Any help will be appreciated.  Thank you!

^^^amount needed: $300
^^^amount raised: $10 (1 donor)

Why are the primitives being such tightwads?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Gern

Re: primitives on wishadoo
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 01:07:50 PM »
Why work when you can panhandle?  Except this is even more cowardly. 

You don't even have to physically face the people you're begging from and feel the justified shame.

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 01:09:38 PM »
Why should they donate when the obama stash is there for the taking, you just have to know how to get to it. Obama was going to pay off their houses, put gas in their cars, give them food, phones and cash in their pockets....
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 01:16:49 PM »
Guy with "Will Work for Food" signs raise more money than that.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 01:17:04 PM »
I don't get stewart's story and, I sure don't get how he raised $1K.  I do get how he suddenly came up with another $1300.00 in unexpected expenses.

LFR isn't any better at begging than she is at anything else.  I'm betting the $10.00 was seed money.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 01:23:38 PM »
Guy with "Will Work for Food" signs raise more money than that.

But that actually requires some effort on the DUmmies part. That's a whole lot closer to actual work than they want to be.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 01:26:31 PM »
I mean think about it ... you have to find a sharpie, a piece of cardboard must be cut, you have to find someone who knows how to spell to help you, a street corner must be found and you actually have to GO THERE when others who have jobs will be passing by.

Whew, I'm worn out just thinking of all that labor.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 01:35:09 PM »
I would rather starve.  :censored:

Offline Delmar

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2013, 02:14:53 PM »
My dream at this point is to get back to Tucson (Oct. 5th that is going to happen), learn to drive, get back behind a studio camera, and get a nice Studio Apartment. But while I am trying to get this going, I just need some money to get food, other basics, and maybe a Motel room for a night since I will arrive on a Sunday morning and the offices I need are closed. Any help will be appreciated.  Thank you!

What is with her sick fascination with all things studio?

LFR, after you get behind your studio camera and get your studio apartment, here are a few more studio related suggestions.

A studio bed to sleep in.
http://www.bing.com/shopping/search?q=studio+bed&qpvt=studio+bed&FORM=HURE

A studio chair to sit in.
http://www.bing.com/shopping/search?q=studio+chair&go=&p1=&qs=ds&form=QBRE&aq=&aid=&ct=&qs=&pq=&sp=&rt=Completions&tk=&spv=&sl=C&sc=&st=&ast=

Studio flatware to eat with.
http://www.bing.com/shopping/search?q=studio+flatware&qs=ds&form=QBRE&aq=studio+flatware&aid=&ct=&qs=&pq=studio+flatw&sp=1&rt=Completions&tk=Commerce&spv=&sl=C&sc=9-12&st=A&ast=ABBBBBBB

A visit to the Old Tucson Studios theme park.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Tucson_Studios

LFR really needs to get those transcripts that allow for entry into the rarified studio circles or just give up on this crazy dream.  One obsession--Dave--is enough.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2013, 02:21:29 PM »
For the last 3 years I was living with my 89 year old Father and taking care of him 24/7 because he had Alzheimers and Dementia. Then he got sick and passed away on May 14th, so now I am in his home all alone paying the house payment, truck, gas & lights, and the Cable/Phone/Internet bills.
89 and the house still isn't paid off?  At that point, the only thing you should be paying is the annual property taxes.

I guess the nut doesn't fall far from the tree after all.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2013, 02:26:06 PM »
89 and the house still isn't paid off?  At that point, the only thing you should be paying is the annual property taxes.

My guess is he talked the old man into taking out equity.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2013, 02:27:59 PM »
Precisely (148 posts)
5. The best argument against bombing Syria yet

Response to Precisely (Reply #5) Sun Sep 8, 2013, 02:06 PM
avaistheone1 (12,893 posts)
7. And this is just a drop in the bucket

of the huge human number of needs in our own country that are not be addressed in any real way.

No way should we could to Syria when people here can not even live decently and in dignity.
The government's job is now to provide you with dignity (and a private home). :whatever:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline dane

• http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/37017
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2013, 02:36:28 PM »
While all three are typically pitiful DUmmies, whose main skill sets are begging, mooching, and whining, the Grits one is a puzzle.

Needs money for various personal reasons, has none, but maintains two elderly cats who need medical care.  It looks like a severe case of priority imprudence.
This too shall pass.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2013, 02:42:27 PM »
What about ditching the pets first and foremost--find them a home. It's not acceptable to go begging for money when you obviously have areas that can still be cut. High maintenance cats? Sorry, but you don't have the means with which to care for those animals. I get some people love animals and older people may find themselves lonely without them--well then volunteer at a pet shelter where you can have access to all the animal love you want. Maybe even foster pets where their care may be supplemented while in your home if loneliness is the issues, but keep expensive pets when one can not afford one's basic needs? Insanity...

Offline kraven

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2013, 03:16:38 PM »

His slacker son probably sucked him dry. This whiny DUmmy actually posted he was devastated when his 89 yr old father died because pops was his source of income. This asshat is in his early 50's and hasn't held a job in almost 20 years. Beyond disgusting.

All 3 of these people are able bodied and could get a job. The Lady Freedom chick HAD a job she quit, because she would prefer to beg. None of these 3 have children and only have to support themselves. Unbelievable they are held up as victims of poverty, this is completely self imposed by laziness and the expectation other should support them.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2013, 05:53:49 PM »
The government's job is now to provide you with dignity (and a private home). :whatever:

Cann the government provide dignity to a DUmmy?

It's a Zen koan! Think of the DU version of "Can God create a boulder so large he cannot move it?"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2013, 06:16:02 PM »
Cann the government provide dignity to a DUmmy?

It's a Zen koan! Think of the DU version of "Can God create a boulder so large he cannot move it?"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Can God microwave a burrito so hot that He Himself could not eat it?

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2013, 07:26:39 PM »
89 and the house still isn't paid off? 

That's what I'm sayin'...the ****?!?!?

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2013, 07:32:35 PM »
AND he has a truck payment.  :whatever:

Who is giving "stewert" all of this money? I can't believe he has begged and received over a thousand dollars in just a week or so . . . and of course now, he wants more.

There is no dignity at the DUmp - here is another "I'm so poor, woe is me" thread by archae:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10023625829

you'd think they'd have more pride than to talk about their SSDI and foodstamps and go to wishadoo and these places to beg some more.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2013, 07:41:17 PM »
His slacker son probably sucked him dry. This whiny DUmmy actually posted he was devastated when his 89 yr old father died because pops was his source of income. This asshat is in his early 50's and hasn't held a job in almost 20 years. Beyond disgusting.

All 3 of these people are able bodied and could get a job. The Lady Freedom chick HAD a job she quit, because she would prefer to beg. None of these 3 have children and only have to support themselves. Unbelievable they are held up as victims of poverty, this is completely self imposed by laziness and the expectation other should support them.

Typical dummie, Kraven. If they would work 1/4 as hard at a job as they do at sucking other peoples money, or posting on the dump, they would be living pretty good.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Dori

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2013, 08:00:21 PM »
AND he has a truck payment.  :whatever:

Who is giving "stewert" all of this money? I can't believe he has begged and received over a thousand dollars in just a week or so . . . and of course now, he wants more.

There is no dignity at the DUmp - here is another "I'm so poor, woe is me" thread by archae:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10023625829

you'd think they'd have more pride than to talk about their SSDI and foodstamps and go to wishadoo and these places to beg some more.

pnwmom (46,488 posts)

2. Thank you for the info. That puts a lot in perspective. I just read that in Ohio

some idiot's proposing that able-bodied adults must work 20 hours a week (at jobs, training, or volunteer work) to qualify for food stamps. So, to get food stamps you'd have to be willing to work for $1 an hour.

:whatever:

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2013, 09:30:18 PM »
89 and the house still isn't paid off?  At that point, the only thing you should be paying is the annual property taxes.

I am amazed at how many retired people that I know that are still making house payments. Some are simply 2nd notes on a home to pay for renovations or bill consolidation but it still amazes me. I guess the low APR made it appealing for them to do so.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2013, 09:34:24 PM »
pnwmom (46,488 posts)

2. Thank you for the info. That puts a lot in perspective. I just read that in Ohio

some idiot's proposing that able-bodied adults must work 20 hours a week (at jobs, training, or volunteer work) to qualify for food stamps. So, to get food stamps you'd have to be willing to work for $1 an hour.

That was part of the welfare reform that President Clinton signed into law.  :thatsright: President Obama lifted the work requirements due to the "tough job market."

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2013, 09:36:59 PM »
I guess they sign up for the Wishadoo! scam because they can't write all that bullshit on a piece of cardboard.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2013, 09:39:42 PM »
I am amazed at how many retired people that I know that are still making house payments. Some are simply 2nd notes on a home to pay for renovations or bill consolidation but it still amazes me. I guess the low APR made it appealing for them to do so.

Well RobJ... I'd like to see some data/stats on what the political affiliation is for the people that did this.  I don't have it, so I will refrain from commenting about it. I suspect it would be very interesting.

First thing I ever did was to pay off the mortgage as fast as I could. Took 20 years, but I did it. No matter what happens I am gonna have a roof over my head.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi