Author Topic: Citing costs, IBM to move retirees off health plan  (Read 1531 times)

Offline I_B_Perky

Citing costs, IBM to move retirees off health plan
« on: September 07, 2013, 09:32:41 PM »
First UPS, now IBM!

Note the third paragraph: "IBM's shift is an indication that health-insurance marketplaces, similar to the public exchanges proposed under President Barack Obama's health-care overhaul, will play a bigger role as companies move coverage down the path taken by many pensions, paying employees and retirees a fixed sum to manage their own care."

Hmmm... another Obamacare result? You decide.

Note to mods: If I did this wrong, feel free to edit as you see fit.   :cheersmate: :cheersmate:

Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Re: Citing costs, IBM to move retirees off health plan
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 09:37:57 PM »
I might be wrong.
If you have a health-care plan, you can keep it.
If you can afford it.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 10:24:20 PM »
bit by bit, the collapse is building for a great 2014. The more obamacare casts out into the dark, the more votes for the GOP. Its all coming apart.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 04:23:01 AM »
bit by bit, the collapse is building for a great 2014. The more obamacare casts out into the dark, the more votes for the GOP. Its all coming apart.

If only Bonehead and RINO's like McCain would play their cards rights. Their record the last 5 years has been downright awful. 

Offline sybilll

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 07:07:41 PM »
You can now add Time Warner cable to the ranks of companies that are offloading retirement health benefits: 
http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/time-warner-joins-ibm-moving-retirees-private-health-215130431--finance.html
Miriam-Webster definition of ObamaCare = Fustercluck