Author Topic: Fight Boredom! Post a lounge thread - "12 things"  (Read 41063 times)

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
Re: Fight Boredom! Post a lounge thread - "12 things"
« Reply #125 on: June 21, 2008, 12:33:22 PM »
1) I used to be left of Stalin until I dropped out of college and had to pay my own way.

2) In my misspent youth I tried everything but crack and heroin at least once. (Experimentally; I was never a "druggie" and
    I made a conscious decision to never again even smoke pot when my wife got preggers with our daughter 15 years ago)

3) I once tried very hard to kill a man and when the shot proved impossible to make without hitting my co-worker resolved the situation
    by threatening to shoot his girlfriend. (I was working as an armed security officer in Las Vegas under contract with Clark County.
    I was standing on her back at the time trying to keep her from retrieving a knife. He had a .25 and was locked in a wrestling match
    with the other officer.)

4) I was in an Improvisational Comedy troop in my distant youth and we performed for congressman Les Aspin at a party at his home.

5) I have a morbid fear of Preying Mantises. (Is that how you spell the plural?)

6) My wife and I hated each other when we first met. When I saw her for the first time in 4 years after that first meeting I fell in love
   with her almost at first sight and stole her from her on again/off again boyfriend who was a guy I had gone through school with growing up.

7) For all that I am a died in the wool Conserva-saurous on a lot of issues I have a few social ones that I am very liberal about.

8) I cry like a baby during sad parts while watching movies.

9) I was a line chef at the last restaurant I worked in.

10) My high school sweetheart is now my aunt.

11) I was shot in the leg once with a .22 and patched it up at home.

12) There are things about my life that I will NEVER discuss on an internet board. ;)

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #126 on: June 21, 2008, 12:42:55 PM »
Okay, explain #10 :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #127 on: June 21, 2008, 12:52:15 PM »

She married his uncle -- how tough could that be?

;)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline asdf2231

« Reply #128 on: June 21, 2008, 12:54:09 PM »

Summer of her sophmore year of college she moved in with us. (My family had a big ole' rambling house and she and I were living there with my Mom)  My uncles bar with his apartment above it burned to the ground and he moved in with us.  Five months later he moved down to Florida and she went with him.

Oddly enough we are on good terms.  I committed one of the only real evil acts of my life when that happened.  I bided my time until I got a phone number for the two of them. I called down and when I got her on the phone I told her that I understood completely and that I just wanted her to be happy and that I was proud of her for making such a hard choice when I knew that she had problems committing to things. :-)
He got the worse end of the deal, lol.

I married the lady I did and he has to put up with her, lol.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #129 on: June 21, 2008, 01:14:38 PM »
OH MY GOD! You ARE my twin!

I wear disposable gloves when I have to handle raw meat. (If it's for an extended period of time and I can't just use a fork).

I also clean the kitchen like it's a surgical suite when I'm done cooking.

I also like to wear the gloves. Alot of bacteria can get under your nails, etc....when I am done everything gets washed right away and I use sanitizer (at home) and this includes cleaning the facet fixtures and handles....I always try to avoid any means of cross contamination.

A certain amount of background bacteria is both normal and healthy.  As you know, more and more doctors are saying that bacteria is becoming resistant as a result of over-cleaning. You also depress your own immunity by being over-clean.

Soap-and-water clean has been just fine for years.  You don't need gloves -- just wash with soap and water between handling and preparation.  You are actually doing the opposite of what you want to accomplish.

There is a little truth to your post....some will wear gloves and never change them...which contaminates other things.....

Gloves are pretty important when handling poultry or pork. Cross contamination can kill someone and has many times.

During the cold and flu season, you can never wash your hands often enough!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 01:20:54 PM by RobJohnson »

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #130 on: June 21, 2008, 01:18:30 PM »
1) I used to be left of Stalin until I dropped out of college and had to pay my own way.

2) In my misspent youth I tried everything but crack and heroin at least once. (Experimentally; I was never a "druggie" and
    I made a conscious decision to never again even smoke pot when my wife got preggers with our daughter 15 years ago)

3) I once tried very hard to kill a man and when the shot proved impossible to make without hitting my co-worker resolved the situation
    by threatening to shoot his girlfriend. (I was working as an armed security officer in Las Vegas under contract with Clark County.
    I was standing on her back at the time trying to keep her from retrieving a knife. He had a .25 and was locked in a wrestling match
    with the other officer.)

4) I was in an Improvisational Comedy troop in my distant youth and we performed for congressman Les Aspin at a party at his home.

5) I have a morbid fear of Preying Mantises. (Is that how you spell the plural?)

6) My wife and I hated each other when we first met. When I saw her for the first time in 4 years after that first meeting I fell in love
   with her almost at first sight and stole her from her on again/off again boyfriend who was a guy I had gone through school with growing up.

7) For all that I am a died in the wool Conserva-saurous on a lot of issues I have a few social ones that I am very liberal about.

8) I cry like a baby during sad parts while watching movies.

9) I was a line chef at the last restaurant I worked in.

10) My high school sweetheart is now my aunt.

11) I was shot in the leg once with a .22 and patched it up at home.

12) There are things about my life that I will NEVER discuss on an internet board. ;)

Nice job on the list!

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #131 on: June 21, 2008, 01:24:25 PM »

;)

Dude :-)

I want details - I can figure out the "how".  :lmao:

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #132 on: June 21, 2008, 01:25:32 PM »
So ASDF, how old were they in relation to your age?

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #133 on: June 21, 2008, 01:27:35 PM »

I was just getting ready to ask the same thing, LOL

So ASDF do you and your uncle compare stories about your Aunt?

So you have seen your Aunt naked? ewwwwwwwwwww
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 01:29:17 PM by RobJohnson »

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #134 on: June 21, 2008, 01:59:53 PM »

;)

It could have been his grandparents adopted her. 

Offline Chris_

« Reply #135 on: June 21, 2008, 02:04:30 PM »

;)

Occam's Razor...
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #136 on: June 21, 2008, 02:05:10 PM »
We are spending too much time on this.

I still cant get over the fact that he seen his Aunt naked...that is just wrong.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #137 on: June 21, 2008, 02:07:00 PM »

I still cant get over the fact that he seen his Aunt naked...that is just wrong.

It depends on the age.  You are allowing tags to run your thinking.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #138 on: June 21, 2008, 02:11:48 PM »

"I saw Aunt Mabel naked" just sounds wrong!

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #139 on: June 21, 2008, 02:13:47 PM »

;)

Occam's Razor...

Not yet.....

It could be he married her niece.

Now!

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #140 on: June 21, 2008, 02:16:03 PM »

"I saw Aunt Mabel naked" just sounds wrong!

I had an aunt who was kinda hot and in need of a breast reduction.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #141 on: June 21, 2008, 02:23:29 PM »
She's not his aunt (biologically but you knew that). She is the woman who married his uncle. And apparently after he had a relationship with her. We're not talking about "Aunt Mabel who has been married to Uncle Bob my whole life" Big difference!

Offline asdf2231

« Reply #142 on: June 21, 2008, 03:12:39 PM »

Oh he was only 20 years older than both of us, lol.

She was a confused chick and we had already gone through a breakup and reconciliation.  By odd happenstance the girl I dated on the rebound is now married to one of my best friends. I introduced them after we broke up because I wanted her to meet a guy who would treat her right.

I called down to talk to my uncle about something a year ago and wound up talking to her on the phone for 10 minutes.

It was about as stimulating as conversing with the retarded guy who gathers carts at the local Piggly Wiggly. Seriously.

I should have added a 13th.

13) I am at least on cordial speaking terms with every women I have ever dated or been with.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #143 on: June 21, 2008, 03:24:34 PM »

She was a confused chick and we had already gone through a breakup and reconciliation.  By odd happenstance the girl I dated on the rebound is now married to one of my best friends. I introduced them after we broke up because I wanted her to meet a guy who would treat her right.

I called down to talk to my uncle about something a year ago and wound up talking to her on the phone for 10 minutes.

It was about as stimulating as conversing with the retarded guy who gathers carts at the local Piggly Wiggly. Seriously.

13) I am at least on cordial speaking terms with every women I have ever dated or been with.

You have never been married have you?

Offline asdf2231

« Reply #144 on: June 21, 2008, 03:29:34 PM »

16 years this last May.

Have I mentioned lately what a gem my wife is? :)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #145 on: June 21, 2008, 03:30:16 PM »

16 years this May.

Only once... does you wife know about #13??? ;)

Offline asdf2231

« Reply #146 on: June 21, 2008, 03:33:49 PM »

16 years this May.

Only once... does you wife know about #13??? ;)

She does out the Christmas cards every year.  At least three of them are still on the card list, so yeah she does, lol.

We don't do "Jealousy".  Life's too short and there are so many OTHER pointless things to argue about.   :lmao:

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #147 on: June 22, 2008, 12:42:06 AM »

I had a friend that married and divorced, not one, but two of my ex girlfriends!   :rotf:  True Story.n