Author Topic: With only half the population needed for jobs(work), how do we keep the other ha  (Read 989 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
CK_John (5,549 posts)

With only half the population needed for jobs(work), how do we keep the other half

entertained(busy)?

We seem to think it's political, the EU thinks it's economics. We are all wrong and all right at the same time. We have a unique problem, it's the first time more people are not needed to survive. We invented machines that cut our survival needs in half, without a plan to find something to do for the other half.

Something that doesn't included bodily harm to half the population. People need to be busy, have a purpose.

My advise is to cut the SSI age to 50, require 2yrs mandatory service at 19, and revive the WPA/CCC to take over all infra-structure type projects rebuilding roads, bridges, communication and energy grid.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10023243140

I have a better idea, instead of taxing those who do work even more, and making it tougher and tougher for people to run businesses, get the government the hell out of the way and let the people who have a clue about economics and business be in control. What has happened is a bunch of clowns in DC who think they know better than people who actually run businesses have done nothing but harm them and harm the economy. Then we we end up with half the population working and struggling just to have more and more taken from them so that other people can watch Oprah all day long, it is a major problem.

Look at North Dakota, they are drilling like crazy for oil and the unemployment is 3%, and that is only because 3% of the people are either disabled or lazy.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
CK_John is another lib with no understanding of even basic economics. Libs always get stuck in limited thinking. Our world is a blessed gift with limitless qualities.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Babel_17 (1,336 posts)
7. Reclaim our blasted environment, for one

There's more clean-up to be done than we can shake a stick at. We can develop more community gardens/farms. We can have retirees, the unemployed, help collect recyclables.

We can start walking clubs. Casual groups of those of various walking abilities. It's a great way to socialize and check up on each other. For the younger peeps that could work in conjunction with doing light cleanup of the areas being walked.

A post scarcity world, it will be nice to live in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-scarcity_economy

:???: :???: :???:

Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
:???: :???: :???:

The irony is they expect other people to do all this kind of stuff all for the good of the community, but none of the DUmmies would ever be caught doing any of this labor unless they got paid big bucks with 6 weeks vacation every year and free health care.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Delmar

CK_John (5,549 posts)

With only half the population needed for jobs(work), how do we keep the other half

entertained(busy)

Get them dependent on government handouts, they will go into a sluggish, dormant state and you won't have to worry whether they are busy or entertained.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Get them dependent on government handouts, they will go into a sluggish, dormant state and you won't have to worry whether they are busy or entertained.

As an added bonus they will be free to attend protests and riots whenever they are needed.
I'm sure the will happily board a bus and go protest at any state capital anytime the repukes try anything.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
There's more clean-up to be done than we can shake a stick at. We can develop more community gardens/farms. We can have retirees, the unemployed, help collect recyclables.
Collectives failed in the past, comrade.  They just don't work.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Dori

CK_John (5,549 posts)

With only half the population needed for jobs(work), how do we keep the other half entertained(busy)?

What do you mean by "we keep"?  As an adult, I have no problem "keeping" myself entertained.  The possibilities are endless.
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline obumazombie

In my previous post I mentioned the libs believe in the limited. I was grasping for the correct word. I meant scarcity. Libs naturally gravitate to scarcity because they don't worship a God who has in fact graced man with abundance.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline jukin

Rioting and robbing.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline obumazombie

Rioting and robbing.
Don't forget looting, and of course there's...

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYp6n9CVKG4[/youtube]

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
You know, I can't remember the last time I was bored for any significant amount of time.  As far as I'm concerned, there is always something that I can find to do.  I have numerous hobbies, as well as a house and yard to maintain.  If I didn't have a job, I would find somewhere to volunteer, or my time would be filled with me applying for jobs.

Offline I_B_Perky

In my previous post I mentioned the libs believe in the limited. I was grasping for the correct word. I meant scarcity. Libs naturally gravitate to scarcity because they don't worship a God who has in fact graced man with abundance.

That happens to me all the time OZombie. I know what I need to say, can't find the word/phrase to say it.   :cheersmate: :cheersmate:

Libs believe in scarcity for one reason... almost all of them live paycheck to paycheck, or welfare check to welfare check, want it all and want it right now. Don't want to sacrifice, have no drive to succeed. That is the main reason they are all so unhappy. They see someone that can afford say a nice car, and wonder why they can't. It sure as hades ain't their fault in their tiny little minds, so it has to be someone else's fault. What they do not realize is that 95 percent of the successful people worked their ass off for it. Were probably poor at some point, probably failed at some point and kept at it until they were successful. That is a concept that dummies just cannot seem to grasp.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
.....revive the WPA/CCC to take over all infra-structure type projects rebuilding roads, bridges, communication and energy grid.

Uh, didn't what's-his-name in the White House promise to do this, shortly after January 20, 2009?

That was five and a half years ago; one wonders what's up with that.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DLR Pyro

CK_John (5,549 posts)

entertained(busy)?

are you ****ing serious?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
are you ****ing serious?

Johnny's a primitive; of course he's serious.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Mr Mannn

CK_John (5,549 posts)

entertained(busy)

I know. Lets invite 33 million Illegals in and let the have nots fight for whatever scraps are left over.

Offline GCBill

You know, I can't remember the last time I was bored for any significant amount of time.  As far as I'm concerned, there is always something that I can find to do.  I have numerous hobbies, as well as a house and yard to maintain.  If I didn't have a job, I would find somewhere to volunteer, or my time would be filled with me applying for jobs.

Clean up their house and yard? WOW! If they did that, no one would be shocked and saddened by how miserable their lives are. Plus, it can make you sweat and have sore muscles. NO ONE should have to sweat and have sore muscles.

Remember: Blight is a status symbol of how poor and oppressed you are. Dirt, weeds, and garbage is the only way to be keepin it real!
Capitalism is based on self-interest and self-esteem; it holds integrity and trustworthiness as cardinal virtues and makes them pay off in the marketplace, thus demanding that men survive by means of virtue, not vices. It is this superlatively moral system that the welfare statists propose to improve upon by means of preventative law, snooping bureaucrats, and the chronic goad of fear.
 - Alan Greenspan, The Assault on Integrity (1963)

Offline obumazombie

Clean up their house and yard? WOW! If they did that, no one would be shocked and saddened by how miserable their lives are. Plus, it can make you sweat and have sore muscles. NO ONE should have to sweat and have sore muscles.

Remember: Blight is a status symbol of how poor and oppressed you are. Dirt, weeds, and garbage is the only way to be keepin it real!
So much truth there. It might even be contagious to libs.