Author Topic: sewer Gas  (Read 2089 times)

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
sewer Gas
« on: July 07, 2013, 12:05:39 PM »
A day or so I noticed this smell in my bathroom that smelled like Brussels sprouts cooking.   It got stronger and seemed to go into the kitchen sinks and the other bath. 

So I alerted Hubby to a problem and sent, him out to buy some Backing Soda that I put in all drains with a cup full of vinegar.

Now  I am beginning to worry, Smell has not abated, Odd sewage system here, we were told we had septic tanks only to find the   land Lord had put into a system to handle this crap for 50 new homes and we are one of them. For 15 years we had been told we had a septic system and treated it as such, no bleach and nothing to screw up a septic system, only to be told we have none.

This will get interesting, if the smell continues I will call the fire department, let them come out with gas detectors and figure out what is going on.

HUBBY DRIVES ME NUTS,  he believes in the belief of the fact that we are safe because the landlord says so.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
Re: sewer Gas
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 12:42:08 PM »
I am reminded of the proverb
"He who smelt it, dealt it".
I hope this doesn't apply in this case.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 12:44:10 PM »
Sounds like you have a sewer trap or vent problem Vesta. I think you should call a plumber.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 02:17:53 AM »
Sounds like you have a sewer trap or vent problem Vesta. I think you should call a plumber.

I agree. That is a good place to start.

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 03:57:33 AM »

This^ Possible toilet gasket.
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 10:13:23 AM »
Well, I hope she didn't blow a gasket.......
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.