Author Topic: Unlike that other 3B, Wright’s a credit to his Citi  (Read 1636 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Unlike that other 3B, Wright’s a credit to his Citi
« on: July 02, 2013, 07:50:17 AM »
A column in today's New York Post by Steve Serby.  I like the nickname.

Unlike that other 3B, Wright’s a credit to his Citi

By STEVE SERBY
Last Updated: 4:51 AM, July 2, 2013
Posted: 1:51 AM, July 2, 2013

David Wright doesn’t know Anthony Bosch. No one has ever linked Wright to Biogenesis. Sandy Alderson has never felt compelled to order Wright to “shut the f--k up.” Neither did Omar Minaya. He is the manager’s dream for Terry Collins that Derek Jeter has been for Joe Torre and Joe Girardi.

David Wright is the anti-Alex Rodriguez.

It is a big reason why you root for justice when the fan votes for the National League All-Star third baseman are tabulated later this week: David Wright starting there July 16 at Citi Field for the Mets, 13-inning, 5-4, comeback winners over the Diamondbacks last night thanks to Andrew Brown’s walkoff, 0-2 single off Josh Collmenter with the bases loaded following a Matt Harvey pinch-hit sacrifice bunt in the five-hour, 13-minute marathon.

At a time when Major League Baseball is investigating whether A-Rod lied about not being a liar and a cheat, Wright embodies the virtues all commissioners crave for their sports. At a time when reporters scurry to Charleston, S.C., following a communiqué from the Yankees that their third baseman was beginning his rehab assignment tonight, Captain Right effortlessly spoils a Biogenesis curveball.

“I have to be honest with you, I don’t know about it to be commenting intelligently on it,” Wright said. “I see it on the front page, and I’ll just turn and read about something else. I mean, it’s something that I haven’t followed very closely. Maybe I should be. Obviously, you never want to have baseball, a game that I love dearly, to have a black eye. So I try to go along with the philosophy ‘innocent till proven guilty,’ so we’ll see what happens.”

The rest of it is here:

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/mets/captain_clean_O5uUUALpKRjEbCdE00oTXL

"Captain Clean" sounds so much better than "A-Roid."  :whistling: :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.