Author Topic: Boot time problem or system hogging processes?  (Read 2203 times)

Offline mrclose

Boot time problem or system hogging processes?
« on: July 01, 2013, 02:34:16 AM »
I don't usually recommend software to folks but this one was the exception.

I know, after I post this, many will claim that sysinternals or many others do the same job!

They don't.

I was experiencing major boot time slow downs to where it was taking a full 10 minutes to actually being able to launch a browser!

I tried all of the different startup software apps .. paid for and free.

They all (or most of them) would list all of the startups but you had to do a tedious search of the internet on 'which' startups were critical and which ones were not needed!

This app takes care of that!

If my posted picture is readable .. you'll notice the different colors in the diagram.

Each running program is highlighted with different colors.

Pink, green, yellow etc. etc.

At the top of the diagram you'll also see color boxes .. critical, new, very important, safe to disable etc. etc.

I was able to disable over 30 startup and running processes using this guide and my pc boots up in less than one minute!

(This app will also let you know which system services are running and whether you can safely disable them too!)

If you can't read my posted diagram, take the time to go to the page site for a better understanding.

btw: It's free (the one I'm using)

There is a pro version.

StartEd is a Windows application that helps you to change startup configuration including Programs and System Services from startup folder and the registry.

You can safely disable or uninstall startup programs directly from StartEd.

Are you unsure about disabling specific startup programs?
StartEd recognizes startup programs that are either obsolete or memory hogs, and has you covered with a backup feature.
You can safely disable such items to increase your computer's performance.

StartEd displays detailed information about System Services so that even novice users can manage their startup.
You can even filter the service list, so that only services with a specific keyword are displayed.
A warning message will be shown if a System Service vital to your computer's stability is about to be disabled.

StartEd also detects Trojan Horses, the most destructive and dangerous species of computer virus.

http://www.outertech.com/en/change-startup
"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous