Author Topic: Know of any current electric wheelbarrow? LUVCART is no more.  (Read 4091 times)

Offline JLO

We have an electric wheelbarrow - purchased from LUVCART - that is not in business anymore.  Well, it died and our mechanical friend cannot fix it. He traced it to an electrical problem in the circuit board/s (we don't know anyone who could fix that.)

The only new ones I find online are over $1,500 and the one above was only $300.  Parts are nonexistent as far as I can find.  I just DON'T know why they sold out to DR Power and then DR quit making this model.  :thatsright:   It worked SO well for us for quite a few years.  DR is of no help.

Here are their new models - ugly and spendy - http://www.drpower.com/Content.aspx?N=0&Ntk=primary&Ntt=wheelbarow&Nty=1&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial

Any suggestions? 

Giving money and power to Democrats is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys--

Offline here

• In case anyone ever asks, I wasn't really here
Re: Know of any current electric wheelbarrow? LUVCART is no more.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 01:04:22 AM »
I would have someone take a closer look at the circuit board connection -it could be a crack in the soldering joint and very easy to fix.  You'll need a decent magnifying glass

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 09:47:16 AM »
Hire a child...........

:tongue:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 02:37:42 PM »
Hire a child...........

When I was one "child labor" was expected and performed dutifully. As to the electric wheelbarrow, what's going to happen to all the hybrids when their electric motors and boards need scheduled and unscheduled maintenance. Talk about resale value.

There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline JLO

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 12:56:43 AM »
I would have someone take a closer look at the circuit board connection -it could be a crack in the soldering joint and very easy to fix.  You'll need a decent magnifying glass

Thanks for the suggestion.   :cheersmate:
Giving money and power to Democrats is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys--

Offline JLO

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 01:00:33 AM »
Hire a child...........

We TRIED that - a new electrical engineer just starting college this fall.  Nope, he said he didn't have a clue yet.    :thatsright:

Offline JLO

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 01:08:17 AM »

As to the electric wheelbarrow, what's going to happen to all the hybrids when their electric motors and boards need scheduled and unscheduled maintenance. Talk about resale value.

Sorry, obumazombie - I don't follow what you mean.   :thatsright:

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 01:19:19 AM »
Sorry, obumazombie - I don't follow what you mean.   :thatsright:
An electric motor replacement, or a battery bank replacement on the hybrids is going to be cost prohibitive. At a minimum the cost will exceed the resale value. Then there is the expertise required to trouble shoot and repair. The casual shade tree mechanic won't be able to manage it, and even dealerships will have trouble getting qualified technicians to be available. Until these hybrid technologies are more robust and durable I think you will see your wheelbarrow problem go from microcosm to macrocosm.
Hybrids are a great idea, and new they have value, but very quickly they will depreciate far more rapidly than their non hybrid siblings.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline here

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2013, 01:25:00 AM »
We TRIED that - a new electrical engineer just starting college this fall.  Nope, he said he didn't have a clue yet.    :thatsright:

Skip the engineer, I'd try a kid who plays with computers.

I screw mine up all the time and the last issue was a fine hairline crack that interupted the welded connection between the circuit board and  my battery connection.  The vibrations from the electric wheelbarrow could easily break soldering and it is very tricky to see.  It occurred to me, that if you took a digital picture, it would be easier to magnify and look for the problem.

Offline JLO

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2013, 08:51:58 PM »
Skip the engineer, I'd try a kid who plays with computers.

I screw mine up all the time and the last issue was a fine hairline crack that interupted the welded connection between the circuit board and  my battery connection.  The vibrations from the electric wheelbarrow could easily break soldering and it is very tricky to see.  It occurred to me, that if you took a digital picture, it would be easier to magnify and look for the problem. 

Thanks for the suggestion - but by a clear fluke, my guy accidentally figured a fix.  Stuck a screwdriver somewhere or other and it took off.   :rofl:

I have absolutely no idea what he meant when he described how he fixed it; to me it made no sense at all, but I'm glad it's working  :yahoo:

So, do you have the same machine and have you ever needed parts?  We can get a battery local, but also need a new back wheel soon.  I just can't imagine they are no longer on the market.  It's such a handy thing to have for hauling. 

Offline here

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 02:05:15 AM »

Thanks for the suggestion - but by a clear fluke, my guy accidentally figured a fix.  Stuck a screwdriver somewhere or other and it took off.   :rofl:

I have absolutely no idea what he meant when he described how he fixed it; to me it made no sense at all, but I'm glad it's working  :yahoo:

So, do you have the same machine and have you ever needed parts?  We can get a battery local, but also need a new back wheel soon.  I just can't imagine they are no longer on the market.  It's such a handy thing to have for hauling. 

I meant my computer but if it has a cicuit board, it is going to fail -that's life!