Author Topic: Obama, Edwards, Clinton polling 1, 2, 3 respectively  (Read 12021 times)

Offline ReardenSteel

Obama, Edwards, Clinton polling 1, 2, 3 respectively
« on: January 03, 2008, 03:45:31 PM »
http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSN0264367920080103

Races close as Iowa kicks off White House campaign
DES MOINES, Iowa (Reuters) - Voters in Iowa begin the process of choosing the next U.S. president on Thursday with two close nominating races, as a new poll showed Barack Obama leading John Edwards among Democrats -- with Hillary Clinton falling to a potentially damaging third.

This from Reuters link. Drudge report says CSPAN and ZOGBY are reporting same. Anywho, it's on and America (today Iowa) are on the clock to pick a new POTUS. 
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: Obama, Edwards, Clinton polling 1, 2, 3 respectively
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 03:52:25 PM »
I would not want to be in the Clinton household tonight.  :uhsure:
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 03:57:24 PM »

Well said, but then, that could be said about ANY night.  :-) (yeah, I do get what you mean though. lol)
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 03:58:25 PM »
Puts my avatar into perspective.  :-)
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 04:01:46 PM »

Well said, but then, that could be said about ANY night.  :-) (yeah, I do get what you mean though. lol)

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 04:03:00 PM »
"Senator Clinton, Iowa is a lock" -

"Senator, um, er...you're in third place now" -

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 04:26:02 PM »
 :lmao:Dixie

Where do they get these numbers from, exit polls, or from the actual caucuses??

Any results on Republican front runners yet??

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 04:27:17 PM »
There is a song by Denis Leary that fits so well. It's called "Life is gonna suck".

Rush said yesterday that it might be a good idea for Bill to hide the ash trays.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Flame

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 04:48:52 PM »
If you had to choose between Hillary and Edwards, who would you choose for prez?  Hillary scares me, but Edwards seems like such a weasel...I dunno who I'd choose.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 04:50:03 PM »
:lmao:Dixie

Where do they get these numbers from, exit polls, or from the actual caucuses??

Any results on Republican front runners yet??

Looks like Huck and Mitt are pretty close. (C'mon Fred!)  :-)

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/ia/iowa_republican_caucus-207.html

- Ayn Rand

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2008, 04:54:38 PM »
That poll is confusing me...the vapors are getting to me...what does that mean and who is ahead?
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2008, 05:12:44 PM »
That poll is confusing me...the vapors are getting to me...what does that mean and who is ahead?

It's the percent of people polled who said they would vote for a canidate.

Huckabee- 29.7%

Romney- 26.7%

Thompson- 11.7%

etc...

- Ayn Rand

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2008, 08:27:15 PM »
Here's a link for the results
http://www.iowacaucusresults.com/

Hillary's coming in 3rd.   :-) :-) :-)
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2008, 08:30:34 PM »
Fox News has declared Huckabee and Obama winners.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2008, 08:36:08 PM »
Oh no, we're ****abee'd.  :-)

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2008, 08:41:05 PM »

Muthaf***as

Obama doesn't watch it he's gonna find his ass face down in a river somewhere, courtesy of that Clinton War Room we always hear about.  :-)

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2008, 09:02:55 PM »

Over at Hot Air the news  of Huckabee's win came with this handy video.  :-)

[youtube=425,350]xh0qD0aA2bY[/youtube]

- Ayn Rand

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2008, 09:20:56 PM »

LOL! what are we gonna do now? build a fire? sing a song? Love it!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2008, 10:10:18 PM »
Here's a link for the results
http://www.iowacaucusresults.com/

Hillary's coming in 3rd.   :-) :-) :-)

That witch is quickly trying to spin that into a win for her.  :mental:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2008, 10:12:32 PM »
'

Oh.My.Gawd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That will be my new siggy  :rotf:
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2008, 10:34:56 PM »

I love Hudson.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline SilverOrchid

• Proud momma of two little belles!
  • California Conservative-Yes, we exist!
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2008, 11:17:50 PM »
I am really surpised to see Huckabee get the nod, I am not 100% crazy about him but at least he acts like he WANTS to be POTUS unlike Fred, sad to say.  :(

The thought of Hillary being put in 3rd place gives me a sense of joy and peals of laughter.  :-)

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2008, 11:22:14 PM »
I am really surpised to see Huckabee get the nod, I am not 100% crazy about him but at least he acts like he WANTS to be POTUS unlike Fred, sad to say.  :(

That might be a problem on our part, the voters. We keep wanting someone who wants to be President, when all logic says, "who in the HELL would want the job?".

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2008, 09:49:05 AM »
^exactly! I think the country has a bad case of ADD to be honest. We don't want a Presidential race. We want an American idol style race. Policy is boring. The general public would rather have nifty sound bites spoon fed to them and would rather hear about the candidates' personal lives than what their plan is to fix social security and the open borders just to name a few things. I never thought the day would come that I would sound like my grandpa (bless his soul) but dammit!!! There is too much at stake to screw around. We need adults running the show. Now the jokers I see begging for the job today. My grandpa is rolling over in his grave I bet.

This is why I think Thompson is the best man out of the current crop running. I really don't care about his "fire in the belly". He wants to do something, not be somebody. Ugh. I'm really over this election and it hasn't really even started. Huckabee is our Carter. I just know it. He's even got my mom fooled. This is a women who has always been a student of politics and to see her fawn over Huckabee is just mystifying. Her rationale is that "Well, he's a Christian."  :whatever: So was Jimmah Carter mom! Remember him!?!?!? The one you bitched about?

I need a pill.  :lmao:

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2008, 10:17:37 AM »
^exactly! I think the country has a bad case of ADD to be honest. We don't want a Presidential race. We want an American idol style race. Policy is boring. The general public would rather have nifty sound bites spoon fed to them and would rather hear about the candidates' personal lives than what their plan is to fix social security and the open borders just to name a few things. I never thought the day would come that I would sound like my grandpa (bless his soul) but dammit!!! There is too much at stake to screw around. We need adults running the show. Now the jokers I see begging for the job today. My grandpa is rolling over in his grave I bet.

This is why I think Thompson is the best man out of the current crop running. I really don't care about his "fire in the belly". He wants to do something, not be somebody. Ugh. I'm really over this election and it hasn't really even started. Huckabee is our Carter. I just know it. He's even got my mom fooled. This is a women who has always been a student of politics and to see her fawn over Huckabee is just mystifying. Her rationale is that "Well, he's a Christian."  :whatever: So was Jimmah Carter mom! Remember him!?!?!? The one you bitched about?

I need a pill.  :lmao:

Great post, very accurately put into perspective.  :bravo:

I honestly think that Huckabee's being a preacher is what has sold him to so many. It's not that I have a problem with a president being a religious leader, I DO have a problem when they use it to sell themselves with it.  I see Huckabee doing just that. On so many other basic conservative principals, the man is just not conservative. I feel sold out

Barack Obama