Author Topic: Plan for sex offender's unconditional release angers some  (Read 2508 times)

Offline Lauri

Plan for sex offender's unconditional release angers some
« on: January 16, 2008, 11:03:48 PM »
Plan for sex offender's unconditional release angers some

06:01 PM PST on Wednesday, January 16, 2008

By DREW MIKKELSEN / KING 5 News and KING5.com

KING

Convicted sex offender Gary Cherry.

SHELTON, Wash. - One of the state's most notorious sex offenders may be released into the community without any kind of supervision.

Gary Cherry's potential release would be historic.

Cherry - who's confessed to 15 rapes - already lives in Shelton. He under close supervision and wears a GPS locator at all times.

But as soon as next month, the superintendent of the Special Commitment Center on McNeil Island expects to recommend stopping all supervision of Cherry. If a judge grants it, Cherry would be the first sex offender to successfully graduate from the state's post-prison treatment program.

He has not made any public comments about what could be great news for his future

One of the state's most notorious sex offenders may be released into the community without any kind of supervision.

Following eight years of treatment Cherry's considered a low risk to re-offend.

"It can't be demonstrated this person is still at the high level of risk required to continue to restrict his freedoms under this law," said Dr. Henry Richards, superintendent of the Special Commitment Center.

Mason County's sheriff says the release would "fly in the face of public safety."

more at the link.. http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_011608WAB_mcneil_graduate_KS.2ba2283f.html

my state's crappier n yours ..  :popcorn:

Offline djones520

Re: Plan for sex offender's unconditional release angers some
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 11:12:16 PM »
He's not exactly being released...  he's already had 8 years of supervision.  Now their just stopping the supervision.  Story headlines, going for sensationalism over facts.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Lauri

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 11:16:02 PM »
He's not exactly being released...  he's already had 8 years of supervision.  Now their just stopping the supervision.  Story headlines, going for sensationalism over facts.

have you read how many rapes this guy has been convicted of? i suggest, as in the story, that if you think he is truly reformed, you let him come live in your neighborhood.

i'd just as soon keep him locked up for the rest of his life. he's already proven what a miscreant he is. he doesnt need any more chances.

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 11:18:45 PM »

15 counts of rape and he is still alive much less being considered for this?
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 07:07:20 AM »
Dear God,
   When this guy breaks into another house or attacks another person, please make them a CCW holder.  Please let their aim be true and deadly.  Thank you for your consideration of my prayers!  Amen!
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Lauri

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 12:36:01 PM »
Dear God,
   When this guy breaks into another house or attacks another person, please make them a CCW holder.  Please let their aim be true and deadly.  Thank you for your consideration of my prayers!  Amen!

Seconded!

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 01:14:36 PM »
If they take the GPS locator off of him that means it will be that much harder to find his body.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."