Author Topic: Obama admires Reagan....WTF  (Read 2230 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Obama admires Reagan....WTF
« on: January 16, 2008, 10:58:26 PM »
femrap  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Jan-16-08 10:52 PM
Original message
Obama admires Reagan....WTF

Obama said:

"I don't want to present myself as some sort of singular figure. I think part of what's different are the times. I do think that for example the 1980 was different. I think Ronald Reagan changed the trajectory of America in a way that Richard Nixon did not and in a way that Bill Clinton did not. He put us on a fundamentally different path because the country was ready for it. I think they felt like with all the excesses of the 1960s and 1970s and government had grown and grown but there wasn't much sense of accountability in terms of how it was operating. I think people, he just tapped into what people were already feeling, which was we want clarity we want optimism, we want a return to that sense of dynamism and entrepreneurship that had been missing.

If you notice, people actually weren't feeling that they wanted clarity, optimism and a return to that sense of dynamism and entrepreneurship that had been missing."

WTF? Is this why Obama is targeting the Youth...they don't remember Reagan and how he started 'The Beginning of the End?' Reagan closed all of the Mental Institutes and put these poor souls on the streets. Reagan refused to even say the word, 'AIDS.' Reagan was a B-rated Hollywood actor that became prez of the U.S. To me, it was one of the most embarrassing moments in U.S. history (how would I know that such new lows would be reached with W?) He spent money like a drunken sailor (nothing against drunken sailors). He spewed FEAR and divisiveness into our society....as I said: He was the Beginning of the End. He set up the tee and ball for bush. Bush came along with a One Wood and drove it 500 yards.

How can any decent Democrat not start to have some doubts about Obama after what he said today? Are our young people that illiterate of our history of Reagan? Are all of the past republicans who are now Dems happy to hear about Reagan today?

As I have said from the very beginning of this Primary Season: I don't trust Barack Obama. He is to the right of HRC.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x4090306

LMAO I am loving this the DUmp is imploding big time over a few kind words about Reagan.  :rotf:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
Re: Obama admires Reagan....WTF
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 11:07:26 PM »
I guess he didn't get the memo from the ruggerson primitive that he was a murderer...or maybe he did.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 11:11:35 PM »
I guess he didn't get the memo from the ruggerson primitive that he was a murderer...or maybe he did.

Now it appears that Reagan wasn't only a murderer he was also a dick,
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x4091036
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 11:13:34 PM »
I think Obama is speading it on a bit think, isnt he?

Offline RedTail

• I can has title? ^_^
  • A little bit of Anti-Hero goes a LONG way.
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 09:47:49 AM »
I think Obama is speading it on a bit think, isnt he?

Hey... the JFK/RFK thing worked earlier, I think he's just getting ballsy and going for the 80's nostalgia vote  . . .if you haven't noticed how people my age are dressing... the 80's are coming back in clothes- - so he figures they'll fall for it.

Them and the Reagan Democrat vote.

*TKay*

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 11:57:14 AM »
....and it drives the lefties bat shit crazy... :evillaugh: Maybe he will slam Carter next..... :lmao:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".