Author Topic: Not necessarily new, but I never introduced myself  (Read 17510 times)

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
Re: Not necessarily new, but I never introduced myself
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2013, 03:46:40 AM »
There is always room for one more who is adept at practicing pointed, biting sarcasm.

Oh, before I forget.

Do you like peach cobbler?

:fuelfire:

I hope I can live up to Eupher's ideal
Oh, and Welcome, that's a great online name Whitefeather !
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Hathcock

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2013, 11:31:41 AM »
that's a great online name Whitefeather !

Thank you, not many people get the reference.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you with tears in my eyes: if you **** with me, I'll kill you all! - USMC General James Mattis.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2013, 06:35:04 PM »
Welcome aboard Hathcock!

:lol:

I know I know... I still giggle when I see the name.

Hathcock?

Why yeth, yeth I do...  :rotf:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2013, 09:17:31 PM »
Thank you, not many people get the reference.

I got it too, but I am late to the game.  But. I. Got. It.    :-)
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2013, 09:18:23 PM »
The man has an awesome biography.  Too bad it was cut short.  Shame.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2013, 09:20:30 PM »

Yes.  And Jimmah Carter and his ilk are still breathing air.  Just not right if you ask me.

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Chris_

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2013, 09:24:15 PM »
Yes.  And Jimmah Carter and his ilk are still breathing air.  Just not right if you ask me.
Castro is still breathing. 

Satan is laughing.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Hathcock

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2013, 09:30:10 PM »
Yes true warrior heroes like Carlos Hathcock and Chris Kyle aren't long for this world...
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you with tears in my eyes: if you **** with me, I'll kill you all! - USMC General James Mattis.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2013, 09:31:52 PM »
Yes true warrior heroes like Carlos Hathcock and Chris Kyle aren't long for this world...

Damn shame that is.  Damn shame.

Offline biersmythe

• Molon Labe
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2013, 09:34:43 PM »

I watch the military channel on an occasion and I like to watch sniper shows, one of the best ones in my opinion that I have seen was when they showed a documentary of sorts on Carlos Hathcock. He was a hell of a shot and one arrogant SOB...but hey if I could put lead down range like he did I would be too. The one kill that comes to mind is when he killed the Cobra. They have discussed that and analyzed the shot over and over and even had a myth busters show about it. Well the only witness to the through the scope shots were Carlos his spotter and the pierced eyeball. So I guess we either have to take his word or not cause all are dead now. Anywho sorry i'm late to the welcome party but....well welcome!
Teach a man to build a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life!!!!

Knowledge is half the battle.
The other half is violence!

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

The box said: "Requires Windows XP or better." So i installed Linux.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2013, 09:37:24 PM »
I watch the military channel on an occasion and I like to watch sniper shows, one of the best ones in my opinion that I have seen was when they showed a documentary of sorts on Carlos Hathcock. He was a hell of a shot and one arrogant SOB...but hey if I could put lead down range like he did I would be too. The one kill that comes to mind is when he killed the Cobra. They have discussed that and analyzed the shot over and over and even had a myth busters show about it. Well the only witness to the through the scope shots were Carlos his spotter and the pierced eyeball. So I guess we either have to take his word or not cause all are dead now. Anywho sorry i'm late to the welcome party but....well welcome!
If you come across any books about him, they are better than any TV show.  I think the one I read was Marine Sniper: 93 Confirmed Kills.

Offline biersmythe

• Molon Labe
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2013, 09:52:19 PM »
If you come across any books about him, they are better than any TV show.  I think the one I read was Marine Sniper: 93 Confirmed Kills.

One of my old roommates that was in the Army and used to jump out of perfectly good flying machines for fun...well he was told to...anywho he used to tell me about the Hathcock books he read and yea that guy was a heluva marine (no offence to any other service) He taught a lot of our solders how to make the other SOB die for his country. :-)
Teach a man to build a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life!!!!

Knowledge is half the battle.
The other half is violence!

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

The box said: "Requires Windows XP or better." So i installed Linux.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2013, 09:55:08 PM »
I had a friend with a funny story about his first jump.  I don't know if it was true or not, but he said he hit the side of the plane on the way down.

He wasn't happy about that.

Offline Hathcock

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2013, 10:48:07 PM »
Another great hero was Pat Tillman... Hell of a man!

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2013, 10:13:06 PM »
Hmmm.... I sense a troll is among us. Never trust a man with Cock in his name. Never.  :popcorn:
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline thundley4

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2013, 10:14:19 PM »
Hmmm.... I sense a troll is among us. Never trust a man with Cock in his name. Never.  :popcorn:

Hitchcock?

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2013, 10:15:53 PM »
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2013, 10:16:55 PM »
I know.... so bad of me to resurrect someone's intro thread and sully it.... :lmao:

Offline Hathcock

« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2013, 10:19:20 PM »
 :rotf: Schadie you're bad!

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2013, 10:20:22 PM »
:rotf: Schadie you're bad!

You don't know the half of it.  :-)

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2013, 10:23:12 PM »
Someone told me once... I hope I get this right.... I am grinning like a beaver in a briar patch.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2013, 10:27:46 PM »
Someone told me once... I hope I get this right.... I am grinning like a beaver in a briar patch.

It's alll fun until someone hurts themselves.... aint' that right Schadie?.... yes, yes it is.  :naughty:

Offline Hathcock

« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2013, 10:33:11 PM »

I think the one you're thinking of is grinning like a jackass eating briars, but yours is so much more memorable.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2013, 10:40:55 PM »
I think the one you're thinking of is grinning like a jackass eating briars, but yours is so much more memorable.

We have beavers up here in MN, it was the best I could do on short notice.  :lmao:

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2013, 07:29:19 AM »
We have beavers up here in MN, it was the best I could do on short notice.  :lmao:

what kind of beavers would those be?

I understand there are several flavors of this object d' art.

I'm trying to broaden my artistic horizons, so please enlighten me.  :whistling:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.