Author Topic: problem  (Read 2756 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
problem
« on: May 29, 2013, 09:07:30 PM »
Yesterday, Tuesday, I opened a compact disc to swipe a few jpgs of old family photographs, which I got.

This evening, Wednesday, I opened the same compact disc, which had remained in the D drive all this time, to swipe some more jpgs, and when I opened the file, there were no jpgs in it.

I shut down the computer and restarted it.  Same thing.

I didn't do anything else here.  I'm sure the jpgs are still on the compact disc somewhere.

How do I go around looking for them?

Thanks!
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: problem
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 09:14:09 PM »
Does anything show up when you open My Computer? 

That disk should be the D: drive.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 09:20:11 PM »
Does anything show up when you open My Computer? 

That disk should be the D: drive.

It most certainly does show the D: drive when I open My Computer, along with the C: drive.

That's the way I get into my compact discs, My Computer -> D: Drive.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline samspade

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 03:52:31 AM »
Yesterday, Tuesday, I opened a compact disc to swipe a few jpgs of old family photographs, which I got.

This evening, Wednesday, I opened the same compact disc, which had remained in the D drive all this time, to swipe some more jpgs, and when I opened the file, there were no jpgs in it.

I shut down the computer and restarted it.  Same thing.

I didn't do anything else here.  I'm sure the jpgs are still on the compact disc somewhere.

How do I go around looking for them?

Thanks!
On computers you have a Drive C (main drive) and then a partition which is labeled drive D ( this is automatically created and usually has things like back up files).  Your DVD drive has another letter and the way to read it is to right click on that drive which will bring up the contents,by clicking open.