Author Topic: Boston Marathon was 'target of opportunity,' bombs built in attacker's home  (Read 10734 times)

Offline Firekrakka

Boston suspects had plotted July 4 attack, investigators say

By Pete Williams and Jeff Black, NBC News

The brothers accused in the Boston Marathon bombings originally planned to set off explosives on July 4 — but changed their minds and decided on Patriot’s Day, officials with knowledge of suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev’s interrogation told NBC News.

Investigators also now have a good idea of how and where the pressure-cooker bombs used in the attack were constructed. But they still are trying to determine where the components in the explosives came from.

Officials say Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, and his brother Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, dropped pressure-cooker bombs stashed in backpacks in crowds watching runners at the finish line of the marathon on April 15.

Dzhokhar allegedly told his interrogators the weekend after he was arrested that he and his brother originally intended to set off their bombs somewhere on the Fourth of July, officials said.

LINK with comments

Amazing how many people are saying it's the government, not Jihad.  :panic:

Getting older is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Boston Marathon was 'target of opportunity,' bombs built in attacker's home, sources say

Authorities suspect the Tsarnaev brothers built the explosives used to attack the Boston Marathon in the older brother's home and chose the prestigious race as a "target of opportunity," sources tell Fox News.

The older brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, and 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev allegedly assembled at least four types of improvised explosive devices in the home Tamerlan shared with wife Katherine Russell, sources tell Fox News. Typically, in cases of homegrown terror, only one type of explosive is constructed.

Additionally, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev told investigators the building of the bombs came together more quickly than expected, according to sources. The brothers reportedly had planned to set off the explosives on July 4, but changed their plans when the bombs were finished early.
Fox News
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Dori

Was this in her parents home?  Or did they live in their own place?

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Firekrakka

In their own place with the little girl.

I'm surprised the widow hasn't been charged. She had to have known what they were doing. Maybe in her mind it was okay since the Quran commands to kill infidels. I've read comments though that she could have been shooed out of the room as they built bombs but you can't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining.

In my book she's guilty of withholding info which resulted in four deaths.

Getting older is mandatory
Growing up is optional