Author Topic: Bob Beckel Explodes With Fury at CBS for Airing ‘Idiotic’ Communist Propaganda:  (Read 577 times)

Offline RobJohnson

Bob Beckel, the liberal co-host of Fox News’ “The Five,” had some harsh words for the executives at CBS over the network’s “idiotic” decision to air what some are calling communist propaganda disrespectful to Vietnam veterans.

CBS’ “The Amazing Race” had its contestants travel to Hanoi, Vietnam where they learned communist anthems and were subjected to state propaganda. The contestants also traveled to Vietnam’s B-52 memorial, the site of a downed U.S. B-52 bomber.

Roughly 60,000 Americans died fighting the North Vietnamese and Viet Cong in the Vietnam war.

“I am so outraged by this, I can’t believe it,” Beckel began. “CBS is idiotic, they’re stupid. The idea that they would put something like that on the TV — don’t blame it on young producers. It had to go through somebody at the executive branch at CBS.”

He went on: “If CBS can’t do any better than that, to go to a memorial where Americans died, then you ought to get off the network. Take that show and shove it!”

Beckel also said CBS executives should apologize for the segment.

Watch Beckel’s rant via Fox News (his comments begin at 2:45):

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/20/bob-beckel-explodes-with-fury-at-cbs-for-airing-idiotic-communist-propaganda-take-that-show-and-shove-it/

The hashtag on Twitter is busy, #cbsapologize.

Offline Dori

He's been going off on CBS for two days now...... :fuelfire:

He even said to CBS; "you don't want CBS to become known as "Communist Bastard Sympathizers".....  :-)
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline RobJohnson

Re: Bob Beckel Explodes With Fury at CBS for Airing
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 07:06:20 PM »
He's been going off on CBS for two days now...... :fuelfire:

He even said to CBS; "you don't want CBS to become known as "Communist Bastard Sympathizers".....  :-)

:lmao: :lmao:

Other people are calling for CBS to apologize now. CBS won't return Fox's phone calls....imagine that!

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Is Beckel drunk again?

For him to go off on liberal-slanted "news" producers like See BS has got to be the result of that single malt he regularly imbibes.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Dori

Is Beckel drunk again?

For him to go off on liberal-slanted "news" producers like See BS has got to be the result of that single malt he regularly imbibes.

No, he's not drinking.  I'm starting to think that working with conservatives is getting to him.  Beckel is a Christian, doesn't like what secularists are doing to Christmas and is pro-life.  I don't think he gets what the left has turned into.
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
No, he's not drinking.  I'm starting to think that working with conservatives is getting to him.  Beckel is a Christian, doesn't like what secularists are doing to Christmas and is pro-life.  I don't think he gets what the left has turned into.

Well, I suppose anything's possible. Even Beckel going over to the "dark side."

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline RobJohnson

There is a ton of outrage on Twitter about this and many people are claiming to boycott all March Madness games that are broadcast on CBS until they apologize to Vietnam Veterans.

I have a feeling CBS will be hearing from some of their advertisers.

https://twitter.com/DanaPerino/status/315242174142898176