Author Topic: Golf bag suggestions?  (Read 1833 times)

Offline longview

Golf bag suggestions?
« on: March 17, 2013, 09:25:04 PM »
I have a grandson who started to play golf last summer.  He has a large selection of used, but decent clubs, but needs a golf bag.  I don't think he uses a cart.  Says he only has twice.  He's a typical scrawny twelve year old, so I'm wondering if I should get him a bag and also the little two-wheeled hand cart?  Or, is packing a bag around no big deal?  I've never done anything like that.  If I get him the hand cart, will the bag stand up?  Whatever he's using does not.  The people he golfs with say there are no stores in their area and they shop when traveling.  I'm thinking ebay, but am open to other suggestions for sites where I can get what he needs sent to him.

Only tried to golf once and was sent to the clubhouse to drink as my father said my attempt to play was a public safety threat and I was less dangerous just being tipsy.  Who knew it would be so different from polo?   :-)

Offline thundley4

Re: Golf bag suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 09:48:09 PM »
There aren't any K Mart, Walmart or Sears around there?  I think they all carry low end golf bags and carts for them.

Offline longview

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 10:39:59 PM »
There aren't any K Mart, Walmart or Sears around there?  I think they all carry low end golf bags and carts for them.

Four hours in one direction.  Eight in the other.  Perhaps I should look at the websites for those stores.  I didn't know they sold them. 

Should I just get a bag?  Or get a hand cart to put the bag on?  They are sold seperately, I imagine.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 11:06:25 PM »
I have no clue since the closest to golfing is miniature golf for me.

Offline longview

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 11:08:59 PM »
Went to the Kmart site.  Got a bag and a cart with a 5% discount and free shipping.

Thanks.  I was obviously clueless.