Author Topic: Preppers and the Word of God.  (Read 2201 times)

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
Preppers and the Word of God.
« on: March 10, 2013, 09:01:56 AM »
Watching NGO about Pepper's and found a Man running for Councilman in Pittsburg. 

He born in Israel, extremely religious raising alone 4-5 kids here in America had worked for the Israeli military and had been a first responder to the suicide attacks etc.

Interesting his take on religion and survival. Explained much to me things I never knew about the LAW of KOSHA.

He told of the 110+ laws God handed down and said that any and all can be broken to save a life. yours or others.    In time of famine a Jew can eat what ever is available, pork, shell fish, etc.

That explains why dad called pork ,  Jewish Chicken.

Interesting man, he says that the Jews are the worlds first preppers, his children youngest at about 6 years old are taken to the firing range once a week, taught to throw knives and all enrolled in self defence.

This I assume is how the Children of Israel are trained.   I do so wish I had raised my children in his ways.

Seems to be all about survival of the humans, much unlike the Christian survival of the soul.

Any thoughts on this   ?????

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Re: Preppers and the Word of God.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 11:41:40 AM »
Watching NGO about Pepper's and found a Man running for Councilman in Pittsburg. 

He born in Israel, extremely religious raising alone 4-5 kids here in America had worked for the Israeli military and had been a first responder to the suicide attacks etc.

Interesting his take on religion and survival. Explained much to me things I never knew about the LAW of KOSHA.

He told of the 110+ laws God handed down and said that any and all can be broken to save a life. yours or others.    In time of famine a Jew can eat what ever is available, pork, shell fish, etc.

That explains why dad called pork ,  Jewish Chicken.

Interesting man, he says that the Jews are the worlds first preppers, his children youngest at about 6 years old are taken to the firing range once a week, taught to throw knives and all enrolled in self defence.

This I assume is how the Children of Israel are trained.   I do so wish I had raised my children in his ways.

Seems to be all about survival of the humans, much unlike the Christian survival of the soul.

Any thoughts on this   ?????

I saw that show.  Did you see at the end, the family was moving back to Israel, because it was considered SAFER than the US?  Sad.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 07:59:19 PM »
Prepping is dumb if you're a Christian. I can guarantee that God would send the Rapture before the world goes to hell.

Also before we get into the whole repentance after the rapture, Left Behind is wrong. Romans 10:17(KJV) "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God." 2 Corinthians 5:7 "(For we walk by faith, not by sight:)"

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 12:08:59 AM »
I don't think it's unusual to prepare for an emergency or a disaster, especially depending on where you live.

Do some people take this to the extreme? They might, but I am not one to judge.

Offline ColonelCarrots

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 12:08:56 PM »
If we're talking about those end of the world preppers than I retain my previous statements.

Though I agree with RobJohnson.

Offline Dori

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 12:31:49 PM »
I don't see anything wrong with being a prepper, other than it getting you put on Homeland Security's enemy list as a right-wing extremist.

A lot of people prep for all kinds of reasons.  In this economy anything can happen.  I lived through a four month strike that included market chains, longshoremen and the teamsters.  It was tough trying to find foods that are normally stocked. 

Besides that, I live in earthquake country.  If the big one happens, food distribution is going to be affected.

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 12:52:07 PM »
Growing up on the Gulf and Atlantic coasts, my family always "prepped" for hurricane season, and blizzards, when I was further up north.  It's just something we do, we don't really think about it. To be honest, I thought everyone did until I went to college and lived in the dorm.  I got teased for keeping a backpack on the "ready" for just in case.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 01:59:22 PM »
If we're talking about those end of the world preppers than I retain my previous statements.

Though I agree with RobJohnson.

Everyone wants to go to heaven but no one wants to die.

The good Lord gave us earth to live on and find joy in all the sunrises and sunsets. 

We see this every day. the smile or laugh of a child, the smell of baking bread, the touch of a loving hand, the deep sadness of loosing a loved one.

Earth is so short in time for all of us, Eternity is eternity, what ever Heaven holds it will be nothing like Earth, no births, no deaths, just same old same old.  None of the things that made your heart sing on earth, none of the exhalation of finding a true love, no challenges in Heaven, no ego or fear.

We humans fight the good battle to stay alive, to thank God for each minute he allows us to live.   

To not Honor God for giving us a brain that allowes us to adjust and prepare for unknown circumstance should they arrive is kind of a slap in the face of our Creator that expects us to use his gifts to grow in knowledge and science of all kinds.

Trust in the Lord but also trust in yourself, the Lord helps those that help themselves.

No problem with saving souls but what about making a difference in lives as they live on Earth.  Such a short time we have to call Earth our home.