Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 3130 times)

Offline CG6468

Insurance
« on: March 08, 2013, 08:47:41 AM »
We've had State Farm for about 30 years, and now they want to impose an extra charge for not using their "In Drive" device. In other words, they will require that I use a plugin device so they can monitor everything we do in, how often we use a vehicle, and the distance and speeds for trips.

Anyone else have this damned thing? It seems that it violates any privacy issues, and it will be required for each vehicle we own.

Bullcrap from State Farm
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Re: Insurance
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 09:25:25 AM »
I have State Farm, I got a note from my agent about that earlier this year, offering it as a way to decrease my rates, if I used it.  Nothing said I had to, and I threw it in the trash.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 10:00:54 AM »
Sounds like that "Snap Shot" BS that ProRegressive offers.

http://nerdynerdnerdz.com/blog/2012/08/12/progressive-snapshot-is-a-scam/
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 10:24:06 AM »
I just checked the envelope. IT WAS DATED FEB 22 07!!!!!!!!

My State Farm guy said to trash it.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 10:33:01 AM »
I just checked the envelope. IT WAS DATED FEB 22 07!!!!!!!!

My State Farm guy said to trash it.

A little bit late, aren't they???
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 10:33:04 AM »
My rates would go up if I put one of those in my car.  I'm an aggressive driver.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 10:34:24 AM »
My rates would go up if I put one of those in my car.  I'm an aggressive driver.
:rofl: I'm shocked.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 10:36:28 AM »
A little bit late, aren't they???

Just a tad. The USPS is AFU big time.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2013, 04:37:47 AM »
We've had State Farm for about 30 years, and now they want to impose an extra charge for not using their "In Drive" device. In other words, they will require that I use a plugin device so they can monitor everything we do in, how often we use a vehicle, and the distance and speeds for trips.

Anyone else have this damned thing? It seems that it violates any privacy issues, and it will be required for each vehicle we own.

Bullcrap from State Farm

The In-Drive device is free the first year, then $72/year thereafter.

The State Farm rate reduction is 5% the first year, then will vary depending upon the device's reports. According to SF's brochure, rate reductions can be as high as 40-50% for folks driving all of 500 miles/year and as little as 1% for folks driving 26,000 miles per year. Much more typical expected reductions are for folks driving around the average 8500 miles a year or 11,000 miles a year with discount percentages from 8-24% or 2-20% respectively. My guess is that for very many people, a rate reduction of 4-8% is needed to offset the annual cost of the device, so (privacy concerns aside) it's the low mileage folks who will most likely benefit financially from enrolling in the program and who decide to give it a try. In addition to potential rate reductions, the other benefits will include at least the following (which is why I posted this as a comparison with the Garmin ecoRoute HD device):

$72 a year after the first year to be unsure about your savings..........does not sound like a good idea to me,

I used to manage "service first" body shops for State Farm. I know all about their evil tricks. This includes other insurance companies as well.

Offline samspade

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 04:47:14 AM »
I have not seen anything like that from statefarm here.

Offline marv

• In Memoriam
  • Resident Grandpa
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 08:45:21 AM »
I have not seen anything like that from statefarm here.

Our State Farm agent didn't even know about the program when I inquired after getting a flier in the mail.
FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: THE SOAP BOX, THE BALLOT BOX, THE JURY BOX, AND THE CARTRIDGE BOX.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Offline A7X_foREVer

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2013, 08:06:33 PM »

Mine would triple LOL
Voting for Obama for a second term would be like the captain of the Titanic backing into the iceberg again

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2013, 04:21:58 AM »
Liberals have been trying to find ways to stop people from driving for decades.  Cars = personal freedom and we all know that Liberals HATE that.

Looks like they've found a way via the insurance companies to limit our driving and hide it under the disguise of a rate reduction.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2013, 02:11:52 PM »
Hummm my truck doesn't have the plug in......... :rotf:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2013, 08:35:50 AM »
Our State Farm agent had these damned things over a year ago. No one in his office will have anything to do with them. Too much "Big Brother."