Author Topic: Regis Joins Fox...  (Read 2091 times)

Offline Turks

• Probationary (Probie)
Regis Joins Fox...
« on: March 07, 2013, 06:39:09 AM »
...Sports.  :o

Regis Philbin talks new role on Fox Sports 1

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/03/06/regis-philbin-talks-new-role-on-fox-sports-1/#ixzz2MrD3hZWO

Regis Philbin said he is going back to his roots with his new gig as host of a sport show on Fox Sports 1.

“I never anticipated going back to sports,” Philbin told Fox News. “The very first job I did was in San Diego, California, doing a little sports for the news.”

Fox’s 24 hour sports channel is set to debut this summer. Philbin said he was excited to be part of the new venture

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/03/06/regis-philbin-talks-new-role-on-fox-sports-1/#ixzz2MrCzeo6I
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 06:54:47 AM by Turks »

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: Regis Joins Fox...
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 11:22:06 AM »
Maybe they'll let him guest on "The Curvy Couch" of Fox & Friends every now and then.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 11:51:32 AM »
Maybe they'll let him guest on "The Curvy Couch" of Fox & Friends every now and then.

I think he's been a guest, but are you meaning that they'll let him substitute for one of the regulars?

From what Regis said yesterday, it sounds like his show will be a talk show that focuses on sports stars, but they won't just talk about sports.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 12:52:45 PM »
I think he's been a guest, but are you meaning that they'll let him substitute for one of the regulars?

I would hope so! O-)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.