Author Topic: DOJ: Children Do Not Need—and Have No Right to--Mothers  (Read 1104 times)

Offline mrclose

(CNSNews.com) - The Obama Justice Department is arguing in the United States Supreme Court that children do not need mothers.

The Justice Department’s argument on the superfluity of motherhood is presented in a brief the Obama administration filed in the case of Hollingsworth v. Perry, which challenges the constitutionality of Proposition 8, the California ballot initiative that amended California’s Constitution to say that marriage involves only one man and one woman.

The Justice Department presented its conclusions about parenthood in rebutting an argument made by proponents of Proposition 8 that the traditional two-parent family, led by both a mother and a father, was the ideal place, determined even by nature itself, to raise a child.

The Obama administration argues this is not true. It argues that children need neither a father nor a mother and that having two fathers or two mothers is just as good as having one of each.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/doj-children-do-not-need-and-have-no-right-mothers

"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: DOJ: Children Do Not Need—and Have No Right to--Mothers
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 07:20:46 PM »
Insanity.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 07:22:39 PM »
That flies in the face of almost all studies that have been done.  Democraps are the party of feelings, not science.

Offline Dori

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 07:27:59 PM »
The Obama administration argues this is not true. It argues that children need neither a father nor a mother and that having two fathers or two mothers is just as good as having one of each.

Bull pucky.   :mad:

Why doesn't someone ask someone who was raised by same sex partners.

The children of same-sex couples have a tough road ahead of them—I know, because I have been there. The last thing we should do is make them feel guilty if the strain gets to them and they feel strange.

http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2012/08/6065/
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline mrclose

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 07:35:12 PM »
I was sitting here .. while posting the article, looking for something witty (my middle name) to say in response .. "I failed"!

(And you can quote me on that) :banghead:
"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 01:51:53 AM »
No need for parents...the Government will raise you
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 05:01:13 AM »
I've long seen liberalism as attempts to alter a core value(like children doing better and needing both mom and dad) and then trying to FORCIBLY manage the natural outcomes of pushing through the altered core value(in this case, forcing acceptance by way of everything being called 'bullying', hate crime laws for even daring to challenge the altered value, all kinds of bennies so people feel good). They know it isn't natural and right; really that's not the issue, but they so badly for whatever reason think they can recreate the wheel. In almost every liberal I've seen a lack of humility and a 'God complex' so it's not surprising that they actually think they can work AGAINST human nature. 

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 09:31:58 AM »
Weird.

When I've argued in the past against gay adoption I've stated that the best solution is 1 mother and 1 father unless the interlocutor could demonstrate which parent was unnecessary.

I was told everytime that I as exaggerating the context of the debate.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 09:35:13 AM »
To Barack Obama, I can see why he would believe having more than one parent in the home is unneccessary. 

Unfortunately, not everyone has wealthy grandparents to foot the bill for their upbringing and private-school educations.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 10:07:53 AM »
Weird.

When I've argued in the past against gay adoption I've stated that the best solution is 1 mother and 1 father unless the interlocutor could demonstrate which parent was unnecessary.

I was told everytime that I as exaggerating the context of the debate.

Limbaugh has this problem, every time he tries to illustrate absurdity by being absurd.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 07:36:15 PM »
The decline of Western Civilization.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 07:39:22 PM »
The decline of Western Civilization.
Liberal family values.