Author Topic: Competitive Cheer  (Read 3119 times)

Offline Dacabeti

• Observer of the Obvious
Competitive Cheer
« on: February 19, 2013, 11:40:25 AM »
My Girlfriends daughter Nicole (in the picture) started Competitive Cheer last year. When she started she could not do a cartwheel. Now she is doing a double back handspring with a tuck and layout back flip.

2 weekends ago was the WOW Factor UCA (Universal Cheer Association) National Championship. Her club pretty much swept the event. Nicole's team is the UCA National Champions in her Division.

Last weekend was the NCA (National Cheer Association) National Championships. Again her club pretty much swept the competition with Nicole's team winning the NCA National Championship and getting a paid bid to the International Championships in Orlando FL next Month.

I am very proud of the work and dedication she has put in. To go from not being able to do a Cartwheel to getting level 4 skills in just a year and a half is insane. Most girls take a few more years to get these skills.

Thanks for reading while I brag. I await the BS's.

Nicole in her NCA National Championship Jacket.
My Youngest Son's Senior Year Wrestling Highlights

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." — Thomas Jefferson

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Re: Competitive Cheer
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 12:13:21 PM »
You get a high 5 for bragging from me.  That is awesome.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Dori

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 12:20:41 PM »
I am very proud of the work and dedication she has put in. To go from not being able to do a Cartwheel to getting level 4 skills in just a year and a half is insane. Most girls take a few more years to get these skills.

That is an accomplishment.  I had years of ballet and acrobats before I could do a back flip.  Did she take any gymnastic classes?
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 01:21:55 PM »
No BSs here!  Congrats on her hard work and achievement!  I was reasonably decent in HS sports, but could NEVER do gymnastics -- too tall and uncoordinated.  I played basketball all 4 years, instead.

Way to go, Nicole  :yahoo:
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Dacabeti

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 01:45:06 PM »
That is an accomplishment.  I had years of ballet and acrobats before I could do a back flip.  Did she take any gymnastic classes?

Just a tumbling class 2 times a week. She comes home from school and does her homework (rule for me paying for cheer) and then does the Insanity workout warm up for strength training.

Some of the stuff she does makes me hurt just seeing it.

I'll post the videos when they get uploaded.

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." — Thomas Jefferson

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 01:54:13 PM »
That is outstanding, Dac, no BS from me.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Dacabeti

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 09:19:55 AM »
Here is the Video.

National Champions Northern Elite Riptide

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNvuQ_vM5Mk[/youtube]

Offline Johnny Yuma

• Just Off Probation
  • AR is for Armalite
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 01:45:55 PM »
How'd the Team do in Orlando ??

Our team ...

The results are in.. The Senior Team placed 5th! And.. they were only 0.06 from 4th. That is the highest Nationals finish in Pierce history. Congratulations ladies!! Your hard work & determination paid off. We are SO proud of you!!

My daughter was on the team for a few yrs , alonfg with being on the competetive tumbling team ...

she's one of the assisstant coaches , now ...

those ladies put in alot of work !!

At the Mall of America comp...

http://youtu.be/iwZKvbgOy1s
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 01:48:16 PM by Johnny Yuma »