Author Topic: I am Shooterman  (Read 17227 times)

Offline Shooterman

• Just Off Probation
I am Shooterman
« on: January 19, 2013, 11:38:53 AM »
Faint heart and all that rot, so here goes. I was invited here by the Queen of Mean ( by some peoples lights ) Miss Teri. Hard to get used to that spelling. I noticed there are several more riff raff on board, Tac, Yuma ( Rebel to me ) Miss Krakka, and maybe a few more I have crossed paths with in other incarnations on various fora. Any immediate friends I may have missed, give me a shout and believe me, it was not intentional.

I am an old man, striving to get much older. In fact, I am so old, dirt was named for me. ( another story for another day )

Politically, I am of the Old Right, when conservatives were the likes of Bob Taft, who was robbed of the nomination in '52 by the New Right ( big eastern liberal PUBS ) led by the likes of Buckley and some of his minions when they stole the nomination and gave it to Ike. I try to be a constitutionalists in every sense of the word, not always succeeding, but still I try.

As I read once on the Mises Institute site. 'Freedom is the Restraint of Government.' If this is true, and I do believe it is, our government is an abject and total failure. The anti-Federalist had it right. They knew the Constitution would become a dried piece of parchment signifying little. Mason, Jefferson, Patrick Henry, the Lees, were all libertarians. Mason, the father of the Bill of Rights, as well as giving many ideas to Jefferson that he incorporated into the Declaration, was probably the greatest statesman of his time, as well as the one that knew more about constitutions than any man. Jefferson, in my estimation, was the finest President we have ever had. None are, have been, or ever will be great. The office was not designed for such.

Having been born and having grown up in Beaumont, TX, I can honestly say it was always a hotbed for Democrats, and there are still many that will vote for DIMS now. I was raised in a Democratic household, and when the DIMS left me, I became a PUB. That was in '64. The PUBS have now left me high and dry, so where I go, who knows? Constitution Party, most probably. In Texas, it matters little.

Hopefully, over a period of time, I will be able to flesh out my ideas. Hopefully, I may learn a few things as well.
Our Bill of Rights constitutes a cluster of little foxholes of liberty ground into the hard cold face of history by helpless men for a shield against the lash of tyrants. They are the result of distrust of power and distrust of men in power. They are a recognition of Lord Acton's statement of a truth eternal--"power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."
R. CARTER PITTMAN
Dalton, Ga., Sept. 28, 1955.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Re: I am Shooterman
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 11:47:25 AM »
Hi. Welcome. What forums did you all post at?  :cheersmate:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 11:49:52 AM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Shooterman

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 11:52:43 AM »
Forgot to mention. I served 3 years in the Army from June '58 to April '61. I spent 13 months, 9 days, 14 hours, 23 minutes, and 22 seconds in S Korea ( I really wasn't counting. I gave Uncle Sugar the idiot year, and that is not to denigrate in any way the service of those here that served much longer and/or were lifers. The Draft was still in force and I enlisted rather than get drafted, hence the idiot year.

I have a grandson that left on the sixth of this month, enlisted in the Army, and is now in Fort Jackson, SC for basic training. His immediate younger brother, graduates in May and leaves the tenth of June for the Marines.

Matthew, the oldest, I am not too concerned about, as he goes to Rucker afterwards for Air Traffic Controller training. Reagan is the one I worry about. He is tough enough to make it through boot, ( then armorers school ) but the Clown in Charge, may have us in two or three more unnecessary and undeclared wars before he goes off to live on the Taxpayer's dime for the rest of his unnatural life.  
Our Bill of Rights constitutes a cluster of little foxholes of liberty ground into the hard cold face of history by helpless men for a shield against the lash of tyrants. They are the result of distrust of power and distrust of men in power. They are a recognition of Lord Acton's statement of a truth eternal--"power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."
R. CARTER PITTMAN

Offline Shooterman

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 11:59:31 AM »
Hi. Welcome. What forums did you all post at?  :cheersmate:

Thanks Ptarmigan- your name is familiar. I now post on four boards, the one where I met Teri first was Conservative Forum, then took her to Where Libert Dwells, where I met Tac, Miss Krakka, Johnny Yuma, and others. I also post on the Conservatives Political Forum.

Disclaimer: ( mods, if this is a no no, please delete the fora names )

I have posted on more forums than I can remember and/or say grace over, always looking for that perfect fora. ( I know there isn't any )
R. CARTER PITTMAN

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 12:33:50 PM »
As long as it is obvious that you aren't spamming the board you can mention any site you want too.

Welcome to CC.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Teri

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 01:27:02 PM »
Faint heart and all that rot, so here goes. I was invited here by the Queen of Mean ( by some peoples lights ) Miss Teri. Hard to get used to that spelling. I noticed there are several more riff raff on board, Tac, Yuma ( Rebel to me ) Miss Krakka, and maybe a few more I have crossed paths with in other incarnations on various fora. Any immediate friends I may have missed, give me a shout and believe me, it was not intentional.

I am an old man, striving to get much older. In fact, I am so old, dirt was named for me. ( another story for another day )

"Queen of Mean"???.... Don't make me have to snatch that wet diaper off and whip you with it now.  :rotf:

Glad you made the trip Shooter and didn't lose a wheel off the walker in the process... *snort* :bwah:  Oh I know...you still have all of your hair and teefs.   

You know I love ya, even though you're as old as dirt and knew the baby Jesus personally at the old barn.   

Don't go to the adult forum here Shooter...it might give you heart palpitations seeing all of those naked ladies in one spot...  :rotf:

Lot's of great Conservatives here from what I've seen who love God, Guns, Country and the Constitution...what's left of it anyway.  Hope you enjoy it here as much as I have so far.  Have fun, so happy you guys made it over. 

If we keep going here, we'll have the entire nativity together..  :rotf:   

Offline Shooterman

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 01:42:52 PM »
As long as it is obvious that you aren't spamming the board you can mention any site you want too.

Welcome to CC.

I've been called many things, Freeper, mostly unflattering, however spammer ain't one of them. Many places don't take kindly to any kind of plug for another forum, so my comment.

Thanks for the welcome.
R. CARTER PITTMAN

Offline tac

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 01:55:53 PM »
Hey Shooter welcome aboard, glad you joined.  :cheersmate:
When you have no basis for an argument, abuse the plaintiff.
Marcus Tullius Cicero

The more laws, the less justice.
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline CG6468

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 01:57:35 PM »

I'm older than the stuff you find UNDER the dirt.

Welcome aboard from a veteran of the USCG!  :usflag:
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline Shooterman

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 02:19:01 PM »
"Queen of Mean"???.... Don't make me have to snatch that wet diaper off and whip you with it now.  :rotf:

Glad you made the trip Shooter and didn't lose a wheel off the walker in the process... *snort* :bwah:  Oh I know...you still have all of your hair and teefs.   

You know I love ya, even though you're as old as dirt and knew the baby Jesus personally at the old barn.   

Don't go to the adult forum here Shooter...it might give you heart palpitations seeing all of those naked ladies in one spot...  :rotf:

Lot's of great Conservatives here from what I've seen who love God, Guns, Country and the Constitution...what's left of it anyway.  Hope you enjoy it here as much as I have so far.  Have fun, so happy you guys made it over. 

If we keep going here, we'll have the entire nativity together..  :rotf:   

Are you stripping and pole dancing on the adult forum?
R. CARTER PITTMAN

Offline Shooterman

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 02:21:03 PM »
Hey Shooter welcome aboard, glad you joined.  :cheersmate:

Don't tell 'em, Tac, but they forum just took a definite turn for the worse. :-)
R. CARTER PITTMAN

Offline Teri

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2013, 02:21:44 PM »
Are you stripping and pole dancing on the adult forum?

I tried, but I couldn't get high enough on the pole so my titty's didn't drag and get tangled around it.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSneET3cCeo[/youtube] 
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 02:30:14 PM by Teri »

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2013, 02:44:29 PM »
Welcome from the Metroplex!  Always nice to see another Texan here.   :cheersmate:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Wayne

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 03:01:34 PM »
  Welcome aboard shooter!!!!

Offline Teri

• Banned
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2013, 03:11:30 PM »

Wayne...I didn't even know you were here.  Are you everywhere?  Ah...that's right...they have a boobie thread over here...I should've known.  :rotf:

Offline Shooterman

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 03:36:20 PM »

Man, we are in the soup, now.
R. CARTER PITTMAN

Offline Wayne

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 05:17:14 PM »
 :tongue:

Offline tac

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 06:31:21 PM »

Hi Wayne, didn't know you were here.
When you have no basis for an argument, abuse the plaintiff.
Marcus Tullius Cicero

The more laws, the less justice.
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline Wayne

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2013, 08:08:06 PM »
Hi Wayne, didn't know you were here.

Hiya tac.   been here for years.  Good place to be ..

Offline Firekrakka

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2013, 08:17:24 PM »
Wayne!! I had no idea u were here. As usual I'm late to the party.
 :cheersmate:

Huggles to you and Shooterman!!

Getting older is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2013, 08:31:32 PM »
Holy crap, we're being invaded!!

Nah, seriously--welcome, good sir.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013, 08:34:31 PM »
More Texans!!!!! Welcome from Rockport Shooterman.

Offline Wayne

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2013, 08:38:22 PM »
Wayne!! I had no idea u were here. As usual I'm late to the party.
 :cheersmate:

Huggles to you and Shooterman!!

Good to see you here.

Offline Firekrakka

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2013, 08:38:48 PM »
Holy crap, we're being invaded!!

Nah, seriously--welcome, good sir.

Yup, an invasion of rowdies! Now where's the beer?  :cheersmate:

Getting older is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2013, 08:45:36 PM »
Howdy to all! Glad to have ya! Pull up a chair and join in the fun we're pretty laid back round here....
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle