Author Topic: T'eo's GF is a hoax  (Read 2081 times)

Offline BigTex

T'eo's GF is a hoax
« on: January 16, 2013, 10:01:18 PM »
This has to be one of the craziest sports related stories I have seen in a while

Manti Te'o did lose his grandmother this past fall. Annette Santiago died on Sept. 11, 2012, at the age of 72, according to Social Security Administration records in Nexis. But there is no SSA record there of the death of Lennay Marie Kekua, that day or any other. Her passing, recounted so many times in the national media, produces no obituary or funeral announcement in Nexis, and no mention in the Stanford student newspaper.

Nor is there any report of a severe auto accident involving a Lennay Kekua. Background checks turn up nothing. The Stanford registrar's office has no record that a Lennay Kekua ever enrolled. There is no record of her birth in the news. Outside of a few Twitter and Instagram accounts, there's no online evidence that Lennay Kekua ever existed.

The photographs identified as Kekua—in online tributes and on TV news reports—are pictures from the social-media accounts of a 22-year-old California woman who is not named Lennay Kekua. She is not a Stanford graduate; she has not been in a severe car accident; and she does not have leukemia. And she has never met Manti Te'o

http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-the-most-heartbreaking-and-inspirational-story-of-the-college-football-season-is-a-hoax
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: T'eo's GF is a hoax
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 08:32:25 AM »
Yeah, I don't get the whole thing.  It's like he's a homo and they're trying to cover it up.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline 17 Oaks

• US ARMY (RET)
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 08:33:56 AM »
Maybe he watched too many reruns of the movie Harvey with Jimmy Stewart...
Don
Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...any questions?

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 11:24:09 AM »
Sounds like he was part of the hoax.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline BigTex

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 10:18:30 AM »
He lied to everyone about meeting her and he lied multiple times after he "found out" she wasnt real and he blamed his poor performance in the NC on the hoax. There is no reason to believe this guy was duped, I feel sorry for whoever's favorite team spends a 1st rounder on this guy. Now that I said that it will probably be the cowboys
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline 17 Oaks

• US ARMY (RET)
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 11:45:53 AM »
He lied to everyone about meeting her and he lied multiple times after he "found out" she wasnt real and he blamed his poor performance in the NC on the hoax. There is no reason to believe this guy was duped, I feel sorry for whoever's favorite team spends a 1st rounder on this guy. Now that I said that it will probably be the cowboys
What ever JJ wants, one of the worst owners in the NFL...

But then I yearn for the days of Clint Murchison and Tom Landry, Roger Staubach, Ed 'To Tall' Jones and many others...
Don
Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...any questions?