Author Topic: Stay in the pink....(safe for work)  (Read 1667 times)

Offline RobJohnson

Stay in the pink....(safe for work)
« on: June 03, 2008, 01:07:33 PM »

I have read several articles that state that pink grapefruit is better for you then white.....

As I get older, I enjoy grapefruit more often, at least once a year now!  :lmao:

Is grapefruit part of your diet...what have you found to have the most flavor? The most sweet?

Pink grapefruit gets its colour from carotenoids (carotene); pink grapefruit contains over fifty times the carotenoid of white grapefruit. In the body, carotenoids are partially converted to functional foods or vitamin A. So eating pink grapefruit adds vitamin A to your diet. Vitamin A is an antioxidants that is required in the diet for good growth, skin development and is important in the maintenance of colour and peripheral vision. There are many other foods that are better sources of vitamin A, but if you have a choice, and the price is the same, choosing pink grapefruit rather than white will boost your vitamin A intake.

http://www.medicinalfoodnews.com/vol01/issue2/pink

Offline Flame

Re: Stay in the pink....(safe for work)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 08:22:37 PM »
I'm not allowed to eat grapefruit, as it interferes with a medicine I have to take.   But that's ok, 'cause I hate it!

My husband and 2 of our kids love it though.