Author Topic: S Texas here  (Read 12565 times)

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
Re: S Texas here
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2013, 04:48:20 PM »
You got a link for that number, hard to believe that less than 50,000 votes were cast.

He is a 2 time Mayor of a major US city, he won in 2011 with 82% of the votes cast.

34,000 votes for mayor  

That was a primary.

ooops, looks like the general election is in May,

http://www.sanantonio.gov/clerk/elections/Documents/ElecResults-20110514-GeneralElectionResults.pdf
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 04:57:20 PM by J P Sousa »
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline BigTex

« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2013, 05:49:08 PM »
You got a link for that number, hard to believe that less than 50,000 votes were cast.

He is a 2 time Mayor of a major US city, he won in 2011 with 82% of the votes cast.

http://elections.bexar.org/reports/PDF/May%202011%20-%20Election%20Totals%20Report.HTM

01 = REGISTERED VOTERS - TOTAL - 744,672           
 02 = BALLOTS CAST - TOTAL - 52,666
 03 = VOTER TURNOUT - TOTAL - 7.07

he cant even motivate his own city to come out and vote for him no way he can become an extremely liberal governor in an extremely conservative state.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline 17 Oaks

• US ARMY (RET)
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2013, 06:36:25 PM »
http://elections.bexar.org/reports/PDF/May%202011%20-%20Election%20Totals%20Report.HTM

he cant even motivate his own city to come out and vote for him no way he can become an extremely liberal governor in an extremely conservative state.
Thanks, interesting set of numbers, I take the San Antonio Express News which is the big paper.  I bet I can count the number of days a month that his pic is not displayed somewhere in the paper...he is a feature near 7 days a week.

You would think by the articles that he is the second coming of Obama, he too has written a book about his life and like Obama it should be on the fiction shelf...

At least this gives me a ray of light of hope that they guy cannot win the gov seat...
Don
Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...any questions?

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2013, 08:59:53 PM »
Thanks, interesting set of numbers, I take the San Antonio Express News which is the big paper.  I bet I can count the number of days a month that his pic is not displayed somewhere in the paper...he is a feature near 7 days a week.

You would think by the articles that he is the second coming of Obama, he too has written a book about his life and like Obama it should be on the fiction shelf...

At least this gives me a ray of light of hope that they guy cannot win the gov seat...

Me too, but I have learned in the last 5 years not to take anything for granted.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline 17 Oaks

• US ARMY (RET)
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2013, 10:06:35 AM »

Just wondering if you attended the Texas GOP convention in Ft Worth?  I was a delegate...
Don
Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...any questions?

Offline BigTex

« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2013, 11:56:38 AM »
Just wondering if you attended the Texas GOP convention in Ft Worth?  I was a delegate...

No, I havent done much with the GOP outside the local level
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline 17 Oaks

• US ARMY (RET)
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2013, 05:47:08 PM »
No, I havent done much with the GOP outside the local level
Get involved, really need some true conservatives there.  Too many are thinking the GOP needs to go liberal to attract more minorities.  Talked with a woman today who is convinced we need to go to the inner cities to recruit new members...I asked her how we can ever out liberal the liberals, what are we going to do, offer them free cars, let them spin a cash wheel.  Libs have given them cradle to grave welfare and free medical, we cannot top that and have no business trying to do so...
Don

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2013, 07:20:23 PM »
Get involved, really need some true conservatives there.  Too many are thinking the GOP needs to go liberal to attract more minorities.  Talked with a woman today who is convinced we need to go to the inner cities to recruit new members...I asked her how we can ever out liberal the liberals, what are we going to do, offer them free cars, let them spin a cash wheel.  Libs have given them cradle to grave welfare and free medical, we cannot top that and have no business trying to do so...

I stopped being active years ago because the party in my area are mostly RINO's. Conservatives were not welcome.

Ironic when you think how the party calls itself "Conservative".  :hammer:
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline BigTex

« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2013, 03:03:47 PM »
Here is how I call it:

I live down here and my daily paper is the San Antonio Express news:  Ask if how often Julian Castro or his brothers picture is NOT in the daily paper!  ALmost daily and not kidding...

Who made the opening remarkes at the DNC for Bammy...J Castro

Who has made so many trips to the WH he has his on front door key...J Castro, at last count it was 13 meeting with bammy boy himself

Bammy is going to put HIS hand picked man in the WH and you are looking at him.  As for the govership here in Tx, well the elect committee was formed several months ago and I don't know if he were to lose it would hold him back, maybe a bit, but still him being Mayor is far more exp than Obama had.  SA is a city of 2 M.

He is a Harvard edu Mexican, his mother was a RADICAL and if you think Obama is far left, Castro will give him a run for his money.  Castro has signed on to Agenda 21.

Perry said he is going to run again but I do not think he has the mileage left in him for another successful run.  If Castro gets it and I think he very well may, then he walks in the door of the WH...That is how I call it today 2 Jan 2013...may change later but I can smell the coffee brewing this...

heres an update, Castro is not running for governor in 2014

http://www.kvue.com/news/state/San-Antonio-Mayor-Julian-Castro-says-hes-not-running-for-governor-in-2014-187443061.html

Offline Shooterman

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2013, 03:42:18 PM »
Thanks all, good to see a lot of Texans on here.

Headed to DFW to go to college and made it my base of ops for many years.  Lived in Dallas and then later a little town just W of DFW airport called Colleyville.  Grew up in San Antonio till about 14 or so then we moved to our ranch out in E Texas.

Been to every state in the US at least once and lived in Europe, Asia and Latin America, NO PLACE on the face of God's earth is better than Texas...

From God's mouth to your keyboard.

God made Texas might near perfect but gave us skeeters, gators, rattlesnakes, liberal Democrats and liberal Republicans, ( all still rattlesnakes ) so we wouldn't think we was already in Heaven.    Shooterman- 1935
Our Bill of Rights constitutes a cluster of little foxholes of liberty ground into the hard cold face of history by helpless men for a shield against the lash of tyrants. They are the result of distrust of power and distrust of men in power. They are a recognition of Lord Acton's statement of a truth eternal--"power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."
R. CARTER PITTMAN
Dalton, Ga., Sept. 28, 1955.

Offline Shooterman

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2013, 03:55:34 PM »
Ah but there is a lot of nowhere near Johnson City. :-)

Hear, hear! It has the Pedernales River, or Paidnallies as LBJ use to call it. 'Course he always talked like he had a mouthful of round river rocks. Probably helped when he became President.
Our Bill of Rights constitutes a cluster of little foxholes of liberty ground into the hard cold face of history by helpless men for a shield against the lash of tyrants. They are the result of distrust of power and distrust of men in power. They are a recognition of Lord Acton's statement of a truth eternal--"power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."
R. CARTER PITTMAN

Offline Shooterman

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2013, 04:00:14 PM »
I am glad, be surprised at how many think we have nothing to worry about here in Tx.  Dims got us in their sights, if they swing Tx and its electoral votes...Take Tx and Ca is in the bag and the Dems will be forever more in the WH.  Whitey is in the MINORITY in TX, we are only about 45%!!

Yes sir and a big block of them live in Austin and Houston. We have more than our fair share in the Golden Triangle. That is one reason I sweated blood over Nicky Lampson taking the new Fourteenth last election.
R. CARTER PITTMAN

Offline Shooterman

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2013, 04:13:54 PM »

It hasn't been that many moons ago those conservatives were all Democrats. Those that admitted to being Republicans ran the chance of being run out of town on a rail. Maybe half a dozen or so of us voted for Goldwater, and that may be generous. :-) Not only were they Democrats, but Jeffersonian and Jacksonian Democrats. Far too many still remembered the War of Northern Aggression and Reconstruction. George W Bush came to the governorship simply because Ma Richardson( who was said to like things hot and throbbing between her legs, she rode a Harley ) vetoed a concealed carry law.
R. CARTER PITTMAN