Author Topic: S Texas here  (Read 12670 times)

Offline 17 Oaks

• US ARMY (RET)
Re: S Texas here
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2013, 10:09:42 AM »
Welcome, from Ft Riley KS.

I have good memories of Texas. Good memories.  :-)
Thank you, wish I could say same for Ft Riley KS.  Here is what I remember:

State Bird:  Mosquito

State Animal:  Tick

State Plant:  Poison Ivy

Am I still right, LOL?
Don
Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...any questions?

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2013, 11:09:02 AM »

Am I still right, LOL?

:lmao:

haven't heard those before.

h5
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline 17 Oaks

• US ARMY (RET)
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2013, 03:18:12 PM »
Heh. Just check out Julian Castro....looks like he might be a contender against Perry, should he run, for governator.  Damn.  :thatsright:
Here is how I call it:

I live down here and my daily paper is the San Antonio Express news:  Ask if how often Julian Castro or his brothers picture is NOT in the daily paper!  ALmost daily and not kidding...

Who made the opening remarkes at the DNC for Bammy...J Castro

Who has made so many trips to the WH he has his on front door key...J Castro, at last count it was 13 meeting with bammy boy himself

Bammy is going to put HIS hand picked man in the WH and you are looking at him.  As for the govership here in Tx, well the elect committee was formed several months ago and I don't know if he were to lose it would hold him back, maybe a bit, but still him being Mayor is far more exp than Obama had.  SA is a city of 2 M.

He is a Harvard edu Mexican, his mother was a RADICAL and if you think Obama is far left, Castro will give him a run for his money.  Castro has signed on to Agenda 21.

Perry said he is going to run again but I do not think he has the mileage left in him for another successful run.  If Castro gets it and I think he very well may, then he walks in the door of the WH...That is how I call it today 2 Jan 2013...may change later but I can smell the coffee brewing this...
Don
Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...any questions?

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2013, 03:39:06 PM »
Here is how I call it:

I live down here and my daily paper is the San Antonio Express news:  Ask if how often Julian Castro or his brothers picture is NOT in the daily paper!  ALmost daily and not kidding...

Who made the opening remarkes at the DNC for Bammy...J Castro

Who has made so many trips to the WH he has his on front door key...J Castro, at last count it was 13 meeting with bammy boy himself

Bammy is going to put HIS hand picked man in the WH and you are looking at him.  As for the govership here in Tx, well the elect committee was formed several months ago and I don't know if he were to lose it would hold him back, maybe a bit, but still him being Mayor is far more exp than Obama had.  SA is a city of 2 M.

He is a Harvard edu Mexican, his mother was a RADICAL and if you think Obama is far left, Castro will give him a run for his money.  Castro has signed on to Agenda 21.

Perry said he is going to run again but I do not think he has the mileage left in him for another successful run.  If Castro gets it and I think he very well may, then he walks in the door of the WH...That is how I call it today 2 Jan 2013...may change later but I can smell the coffee brewing this...

Well then I am smelling the same coffee.  I don't hear as much about Castro as you do, but I have heard enough.  I am not confident that Perry can pull of another election, and I haven't a clue who would replace him. 
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Zeus

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2013, 04:16:38 PM »
Well then I am smelling the same coffee.  I don't hear as much about Castro as you do, but I have heard enough.  I am not confident that Perry can pull of another election, and I haven't a clue who would replace him. 

If Perry runs again Perry wins again.  If Perry steps down more than likely whoever he backs will win.  For all the Perry naysayers around Texas has made to much in the way of economic progress in the last decade to reverse course now. The conservatives own the state and it will remain such for the foreseeable future.

Dewhurst  burnt a few bridges in his Senate race but I don't think that would keep him from the Governorship.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2013, 04:22:36 PM »
If Perry runs again Perry wins again.  If Perry steps down more than likely whoever he backs will win.  For all the Perry naysayers around Texas has made to much in the way of economic progress in the last decade to reverse course now. The conservatives own the state and it will remain such for the foreseeable future.

Dewhurst  burnt a few bridges in his Senate race but I don't think that would keep him from the Governorship.

From your lips.........

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2013, 07:14:43 PM »

Am I still right, LOL?

You are correct, sir! But I do love it here.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2013, 07:56:41 PM »
Hill country is where I live, just NW of San Antonio and Boerne, Tx...

Howdy. Huntsville area here. I ride the bike out to Leakey and surrounding area as often as possible.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Dori

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2013, 08:14:49 PM »
Howdy 17 Oaks.... :wink:

Is Hill Country near Johnson City?  I have relatives in the Woods north of Houston. 
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2013, 09:32:01 PM »

Is Hill Country near Johnson City?  I have relatives in the Woods north of Houston.

Are we related? I live in the woods north of Houston.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2013, 09:36:25 PM »
Are we related? I live in the woods north of Houston.

KC

But that ain't no where near Johnson City!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2013, 09:44:51 PM »

No ma'am it's not.

KC

*Stolen

Offline Zeus

« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2013, 09:55:56 PM »

Ah but there is a lot of nowhere near Johnson City. :-)
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2013, 09:58:39 PM »
I counted a river and two stop lights.  It reminds me of the last time I drove to Kentucky.

Rolesville, NC was like that... one stop light, three patrol cars, and a BP station.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 10:01:50 PM by Chris_ »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline 17 Oaks

• US ARMY (RET)
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2013, 10:35:47 AM »

Dori, LOL, well Johnson City is certainly in the Hill Country of Texas, but nowhere near the Woods N of Houston.

Hill Country is just outside of San Antonio N to Austin W of I 35 to Uvalde/Junction

Counties

Bandera
Bell
Blanco
Burnet
Comal
Coryell
Crockett
Edwards
Gillespie
Hays
Kendall
Kerr
Kimble
Lampasas
Llano
Mason
McCullouch
Menard
Real
San Saba
Schleicher
Sutton
Travis
Val Verde
Williamson
Don

Offline BigTex

« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2013, 12:07:19 PM »

Exactly, Texas hasnt elected a statewide democrat in 20+ years and it's not happening anytime soon.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline Zeus

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2013, 12:43:29 PM »
Exactly, Texas hasnt elected a statewide democrat in 20+ years and it's not happening anytime soon.

Well not quite 20 yrs but fast approaching that benchmark. :yahoo:

Offline 17 Oaks

• US ARMY (RET)
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2013, 07:01:01 PM »
I don't think so, if Perry runs (I sat in a meeting with him and he stated he was going to run) I don't think he will win, I think Julian Castro will...The Dims BADLY want to take the gov seat in Texas....
Don

Offline BigTex

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2013, 07:43:06 PM »
I don't think so, if Perry runs (I sat in a meeting with him and he stated he was going to run) I don't think he will win, I think Julian Castro will...The Dims BADLY want to take the gov seat in Texas....

People in hell want ice water, aint gonna happen. Perry has crushed his opponents in his elections. Castro got 34,309 votes in his last mayoral election, in a city of 1.3 MILLION people. His support is tiny, it will be zero if he takes an anti-2nd stance.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2013, 09:35:52 PM »
Hello to all, will let my sig block say what needs to be said...

Welcome!   :cheersmate: :cheersmate:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2013, 09:46:00 PM »

I didn't sit in a meeting with Perry, but I do agree we need to be concerned.   :-)

Offline 17 Oaks

• US ARMY (RET)
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2013, 10:09:40 AM »
I didn't sit in a meeting with Perry, but I do agree we need to be concerned.   :-)
I am glad, be surprised at how many think we have nothing to worry about here in Tx.  Dims got us in their sights, if they swing Tx and its electoral votes...Take Tx and Ca is in the bag and the Dems will be forever more in the WH.  Whitey is in the MINORITY in TX, we are only about 45%!!
Don

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2013, 10:21:08 AM »
I am glad, be surprised at how many think we have nothing to worry about here in Tx.  Dims got us in their sights, if they swing Tx and its electoral votes...Take Tx and Ca is in the bag and the Dems will be forever more in the WH.  Whitey is in the MINORITY in TX, we are only about 45%!!

Not to mention all the libs that have transferred down here with their companies.  It does cause me great concern.

Offline BigTex

« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2013, 11:45:53 AM »

"whitey" is a super majority at the polls, who cares about the mexicans who dont vote, as I pointed out Castro got 34,000 votes for mayor in a city of 1.3 million

Offline 17 Oaks

• US ARMY (RET)
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2013, 04:08:54 PM »
"whitey" is a super majority at the polls, who cares about the mexicans who dont vote, as I pointed out Castro got 34,000 votes for mayor in a city of 1.3 million
You got a link for that number, hard to believe that less than 50,000 votes were cast.

He is a 2 time Mayor of a major US city, he won in 2011 with 82% of the votes cast.
Don