Author Topic: I found Ban's name... "Maurice"...!!!  (Read 2887 times)

Offline Karin

Re: I found Ban's name... "Maurice"...!!!
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2012, 07:34:46 AM »
Let's peruse the Daily Breeze for a moment. 

Reaction to Maurice's letter:

Bob Diaz · Top Commenter
RE: Leave California, pay an exit tax -- Maurice Ramtor, Rancho Dominguez

You clearly don't understand the basic problem in California, businesses leave California because of HIGH TAXES and excessive (and expensive) regulations. What do you think will happen IF California puts an exit tax onto businesses? Do you think they will stay and be willing to pay the tax? ... or maybe they will beat a faster exit for a business friendly state.

The correct solution is to get rid of the current TAX and SPEND crazy Democrats in Sacramento.

Sandra Goetz ·
A tax to control people's movements in a FREE COUNTRY? oh wait....
December 13 at 5:07am.Randy Grundstrom
You should see some of the stuff Maury posts at DemocraticUnderground.com under the name BanTheGop. Real loony lefty stuff there.

:lmao:

And snippets of other letters to the editor:

As usual, Thomas Sowell's column was an intelligent explanation of economics

Right on, brother.  The smartest man in America.

Once again, let's try to tap the homeowner's tax bill with another little back-door increase. Along with the South Bay Association of Chambers of Commerce, I urge every property owner to reject this new tax

Have those trying to abolish Christmas thought about what it would do to our country's economy?

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2012, 08:30:32 AM »
White dude named Maurice makes his living making nasty f'n Carolina BBQ in SC. I tried it one time on the way back from VA. Almost didn't make it home.

http://www.piggiepark.com/index.php

Oh gag!

I went to a Miss State @ So. Carolina game back around 1994 with my brother and we figured we'd grab some BBQ before the game.  Kept seeing the Maurice's billboards on the drive into Columbia so we thought we'd try it.  Bad mistake.  Putting mustard on BBQ is a mortal sin.  Maurice should be shot.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2012, 08:52:48 AM »
That's what I thought of when I saw the name.

Ditto.

Perhaps he's a picker and a grinner, a lover and a sinner.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2012, 11:04:16 AM »
Oh gag!

I went to a Miss State @ So. Carolina game back around 1994 with my brother and we figured we'd grab some BBQ before the game.  Kept seeing the Maurice's billboards on the drive into Columbia so we thought we'd try it.  Bad mistake.  Putting mustard on BBQ is a mortal sin.  Maurice should be shot.

Memphis Pit or it's all shit.  :-)
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2012, 11:11:31 AM »
Mustard on BBQ???  Even Yankees aren't that stupid.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2012, 12:05:16 PM »
Mustard on BBQ???  Even Yankees aren't that stupid.

I would hope not. What looks more appealing:

Or

NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2012, 01:13:22 PM »
There are quite a few mustard based bbq sauces. For the longest time I had a prejudice again North Carolina's vinegar based BBQ sauce. However, after trying it I found that I had be denying myself a wonderful taste experience. I'm still partial to tomato based BBQ sauces but I guess that different regions have different idea's of what they consider taste.

BTW, most yankees believe that bbqing is just another way of saying cooking out doors.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2012, 02:51:46 PM »
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2012, 02:52:55 PM »
I would hope not. What looks more appealing:

Or

I hate Corky's.  Rendezvous is where its at.
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2012, 08:04:47 PM »
Leave California, pay an exit tax

Our Legislature must immediately implement exit taxes for businesses leaving the state in avoidance of our majority-approved tax hikes. Why punish the workers who make the business owners rich by firing them and moving to Texas or Arizona? It's not fair.

-- Maurice Ramtor, Rancho Dominguez
Not a coincidence that the Germans did a variation of the same thing in the 1930s. They called it Reichsfluchtsteuer.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2012, 08:16:03 PM »
I hate Corky's.  Rendezvous is where its at.

I'll take my BBQ, thanks all the same.  Once the kids are able to handle a little spice, I'm going back to MY sauce.  For the time being, I do the ribs with the rub I discovered a while back and some Stubbs BBQ sauce (good luck getting Bone-Suckin-Sauce up here.)

I love the fact that Scoobie got me a BBQ with a smoker.  That thing ROCKS.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2012, 08:50:45 PM »
I'll take my BBQ, thanks all the same.  Once the kids are able to handle a little spice, I'm going back to MY sauce.  For the time being, I do the ribs with the rub I discovered a while back and some Stubbs BBQ sauce (good luck getting Bone-Suckin-Sauce up here.)

I love the fact that Scoobie got me a BBQ with a smoker.  That thing ROCKS.

Bone-Suckin-Sauce is great!!!   :drool: :drool: :drool:  Can't get Bone-Suckin-Sauce down here either. Every now again one of the IGAs or Faschecks will get some in, but it is few and far between.

I've been using Sweet Baby Ray's sauce the last couple of years. That is pretty good if you don't mind your sauce a tad on the sweet side.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2012, 08:59:11 PM »
Rudy's...oh yeah!  The only place you can get great BBQ and gas at the same time.   :-)

Eat it this way...

You must try the MOIST brisket (not lean)!

Yes Sparky I know it's a chain (Texas chain) but it is sooooo goood that I don't think you would even care. LINK

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2012, 09:02:34 PM »
Their MOIST brisket.  OMG I am so hungry.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2012, 09:26:24 PM »
Bone-Suckin-Sauce is great!!!   :drool: :drool: :drool:  Can't get Bone-Suckin-Sauce down here either. Every now again one of the IGAs or Faschecks will get some in, but it is few and far between.

I've been using Sweet Baby Ray's sauce the last couple of years. That is pretty good if you don't mind your sauce a tad on the sweet side.

I don't care for SBR's.  It is a bit too sweet.  Like I said, Stubbs isn't bad.  But we do have an IGA store (McKinnon's) in Portsmouth.  I'm going to have to run through there and see if they might just have some Bone Suckin Sauce, because dammit, they have the BEST meat selection of just about anyplace I've ever seen.

Oh, and back on topic...Ban, yoo-hoo?  Come out and play!

I'm still waiting to see you justify how such a plan could even be enacted, let alone how it would work even if Sacramento gets a one-time windfall as companies leave the state in droves, which is pretty much already happening, thanks to the other policies you so dearly love.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2012, 09:28:20 PM »
I don't care for SBR's.  It is a bit too sweet.  Like I said, Stubbs isn't bad.  But we do have an IGA store (McKinnon's) in Portsmouth.  I'm going to have to run through there and see if they might just have some Bone Suckin Sauce, because dammit, they have the BEST meat selection of just about anyplace I've ever seen.

Oh, and back on topic...Ban, yoo-hoo?  Come out and play!

I'm still waiting to see you justify how such a plan could even be enacted, let alone how it would work even if Sacramento gets a one-time windfall as companies leave the state in droves, which is pretty much already happening, thanks to the other policies you so dearly love.

I think I need to mail you a bottle of Rudy's BBQ sauce and some of their rub.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2012, 09:31:49 PM »
Their MOIST brisket.  OMG I am so hungry.

Holy shit, that looks good.  Why the hell can't I cook brisket like that?

There's a guy in Arlington that puts brisket meat in his hamburgers (I'm watching Guy Feiri in between commercials).
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2012, 09:53:47 PM »

There's a guy in Arlington that puts brisket meat in his hamburgers (I'm watching Guy Feiri in between commercials).

Feed me...

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2012, 09:55:47 PM »

Guy Feiri...pfft.

Frankly, my one regret that I never get to go to CA (aside from walling it off) is that I have yet to try Slater's 50/50 burger.  50 percent ground beef, 50 percent bacon.  

Yes boys and girls, you read correctly.

And BEG--as long as Scoobie is kept in the loop, I'm sure she won't mind too much if you send some rub and sauce.  Firing up the smoker when the low temperature tomorrow night is going to be 4 (high Wednesday of 22) might be interesting.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2012, 09:58:03 PM »
Guy Feiri...pfft.

Frankly, my one regret that I never get to go to CA (aside from walling it off) is that I have yet to try Slater's 50/50 burger.  50 percent ground beef, 50 percent bacon.  

And BEG--as long as Scoobie is kept in the loop, I'm sure she won't mind too much if you send some rub and sauce.  Firing up the smoker when the low temperature tomorrow night is going to be 4 (high Wednesday of 22) might be interesting.

Next time I go I will get you some.  Tell scoob to read this thread.   :wink:

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2012, 10:00:53 PM »

Get your plane ticket to John Wayne...

As an aside, it's funny how we shifted from Maurice to good food...
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2012, 10:06:32 PM »
Guy Feiri...pfft.
Yeah he's a goober, but that was one damn good-looking burger.

Here it is: http://www.chophouseburgers.com/
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2012, 10:14:21 PM »
Get your plane ticket to John Wayne...

As an aside, it's funny how we shifted from Maurice to good food...

OMG that almost looks like an Island Burger (the maui I think).  I miss Island Burger. 

Went and Nadined it, YEP it was the Maui.

FEED ME :bawl:

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2012, 10:15:33 PM »

IGA's... and Faschecks for that matter, always have the best meat. Locally owned stores.  Fairly cheap too compared to Walmart and around here, Kroger. Their other stuff is usually a little more expensive but they gotta make money somehow.

Never had Stubbs. Pa Perky liked the spicey BBQ sauces. Sounds like he would have liked that. If I run across it down here in West by God Virginia I'll give it a shot.

Bone Sucking Sauce is the best I have ever tasted. Ain't saying there ain't none better now... just saying it's the best I've tasted.

Damn. Now I am hungry. 
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2012, 10:28:52 PM »
Guy Feiri...pfft.

They opened one in San Diego last year, the burgers are very good but some of the options offered on the menu are just plain gross (peanut butter and strawberry jelly burger). Also, the burgers are enormous and the sides are ridiculously huge.  We had a lot of leftovers.