Author Topic: Obama is not going to take your guns away. We are.  (Read 3561 times)

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
Re: Obama is not going to take your guns away. We are.
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2012, 07:48:39 PM »
FightingIrish (2,325 posts)

Obama is not going to take your guns away. We are.

By we I mean the people in this country who are sick the world seeing their country as a asylum with heavily armed inmates. We are the people who are not going to repeat once again the cycle of horror, recrimination, empty words and a quick return to business as usual. We are the people who have had it with a political lobby masquerading as a users group that finds it politically expedient to put weapons of indiscriminate slaughter in the same category as legitimate implements of sport or self defense. We are the people who sadly had to have one more unspeakable horror before we decided to finally stand up to the NRA and its pawns in congress who quake in terror of their disapproval. I hope the president has our back. This insanity has to stop now.

Go for it, sweetheart.

I relish the opportunity.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Rufus2010

« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2012, 11:26:02 AM »
FightingIrish (2,325 posts)

Obama is not going to take your guns away. We are.

:badass:

Offline claret1995

« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2012, 12:18:32 PM »

I do not own a gun.........BUT.........if I thought for a minute they(Du) were serious, I would buy one TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2012, 12:52:48 PM »

I do not own a gun.........BUT.........if I thought for a minute they(Du) were serious, I would buy one TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of them are . . .

House Dem: 'Turn in your guns'
By Pete Kasperowicz - 12/19/12 12:40 PM ET

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) on Wednesday afternoon urged people to turn in their guns, arguing it would be an appropriate response to last week's mass shooting in Newtown, Conn.

"I would personally just say to those who are listening, maybe you want to turn in your guns," Jackson Lee said on the House floor. "Oh no, I'm not going to take your guns. But look at what Dick's Sporting Goods did … they wanted to be part of the solution and part of America."

Dick's Sporting Goods announced this week that it would stop selling and displaying guns at its store closest to Newtown, and would suspend the sale of modern sporting rifles nation-wide out of respect for the victims of the shooting.

"We are extremely saddened by the unspeakable tragedy that occurred last week in Newtown, CT, and our hearts go out to the victims and their families, and to the entire community," the chain said in a statement on its website. "We continue to extend our deepest sympathies to those affected by this terrible tragedy."

While Jackson Lee said she would not take guns away from people, she noted that she is the sponsor of legislation, H.R. 227. That bill would raise the eligibility to carry a handgun from 18 to 21, and ban people under 21 from possessing semiautomatic assault weapons.

There's only three more paragraphs of this.

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/273753-house-dem-calls-on-people-to-turn-in-your-guns
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline claret1995

« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2012, 12:58:48 PM »
Some of them are . . .

There's only three more paragraphs of this.

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/273753-house-dem-calls-on-people-to-turn-in-your-guns

They are only serious behind their keyboards...if they had to come to my home ,the brown spotted panties would become a real embarassment

Offline thundley4

« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2012, 12:59:20 PM »
Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) on Wednesday afternoon urged people to turn in their guns, arguing it would be an appropriate response to last week's mass shooting in Newtown, Conn.

Is she going to urge the Capitol Police and her security guards to turn in their weapons?  Maybe all police should patrol without guns, they do it in England.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2012, 01:21:04 PM »
While Jackson Lee said she would not take guns away from people, she noted that she is the sponsor of legislation, H.R. 227. That bill would raise the eligibility to carry a handgun from 18 to 21

WTF in what state can you carry a handgun under the age of 21?

NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2012, 01:26:37 PM »

Don't know, but that fat bitch needs to lay off state's rights.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2012, 01:53:59 PM »
Get your guns now if you haven't bought one yet.

http://news.msn.com/politics/obama-sets-january-deadline-for-gun-policy-proposals?ocid=ansnews11

Obama sets January deadline for gun policy proposals
 the president said at a White House press conference.

WASHINGTON — Spurred by a horrific elementary school shooting, President Barack Obama tasked his administration Wednesday with creating concrete proposals to reduce the gun violence that has plagued the country.

"This time, the words need to lead to action," said Obama, who set a January deadline for the recommendations. He tasked Vice President Joe Biden with leading the effort and vowed to push for implementation of the policy proposals without delay.

The president, who exerted little political capital on gun control despite a series of mass shootings in his first term, bristled at suggestions that he had been silent on the issue during his first four years in office. But he acknowledged that the Friday's deadly shooting had been "a wake-up call for all of us."

MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2012, 02:26:30 PM »

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyS3CEIbpJo[/youtube]

Great video.

I love it when real life examples blow the libtards logic to pieces.
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2012, 02:59:50 PM »

Ummm . . . when I applied for my NYS handgun permit, I was 19 (it came after I turned 20).  'Course, my dad had to buy the handgun (a new Colt Python) from the dealer and then sell it to me, but that was legal in NYS.  It may still be.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2012, 03:04:20 PM »
Ummm . . . when I applied for my NYS handgun permit, I was 19 (it came after I turned 20).  'Course, my dad had to buy the handgun (a new Colt Python) from the dealer and then sell it to me, but that was legal in NYS.  It may still be.

Owning it I understand but were you allowed to carry?
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2012, 03:18:17 PM »
Amazingly, even before 2008, when Plugs Biden was elected Vice-President, Sheila Jackson Lee was the dumbest person in the legislative branch.

Furthermore, she's also the dumbest person in the entire Western Hemisphere.

During a visit to NASA, she asked if the Mars Rover would visit the site where Neil Armstrong planted the American flag.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2012, 03:19:00 PM »
Owning it I understand but were you allowed to carry?

Hunting and Target Only.

Chase her.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2012, 03:40:38 PM »
Hunting and Target Only.
That is what is confusing me. That twat Lee wants to up the age to carry a handgun from 18 to 21.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2012, 03:45:28 PM »
That is what is confusing me. That twat Lee wants to up the age to carry a handgun from 18 to 21.

I think that her bill will go nowhere.  Also, if the permit had said "Full Carry," then I could carry it anywhere that was legal, at 20.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 03:54:14 PM by BlueStateSaint »

Chase her.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2012, 04:21:21 PM »
West Virginia's democrat Senator Joe Manchin was showing his democrat roots in the news today.

Manchin said. “I don’t know anyone in the sporting and hunting arena who goes out with an assault rifle; I don’t know anyone who needs 30 rounds in the clip to go hunting.

That should be a good lesson for the halfwits who say they vote for the man not the party.

Seems he has kinda walked back on that statement. King Joe Manchin fancies himself another Bobby Byrd... get elected to office no matter what he does...but he ain't.

King Joe has friends in the NRA
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2012, 05:12:03 PM »
I'd like answer the DUmmy OP directly. I'll type slow and use small words so s/h/it can follow along.

Here goes.

No, no you will not. Good luck in your new job as worm food.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2012, 05:27:09 PM »
Seems he has kinda walked back on that statement. King Joe Manchin fancies himself another Bobby Byrd... get elected to office no matter what he does...but he ain't.
I believe there's a good possibilty that Joe may be as stupid as Plugs Biden.

Quite a family. His daughter got the president of WVU fired for awarding her a phony MBA.

Then there was A. James Manchin, who ran around the state looking like a character from Li'l Abner, on his crusade against junk cars in front yards.

He got elected state treasurer and then was impeached for managing somehow to lose $300 million in state funds during a bull market.

Now Crazy Joe has come out in favor of gun grabbing in a state where that will lose you about thirty percent of the vote.

The Manchin family must have a dominant stupid gene.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2012, 05:53:56 PM »
I believe there's a good possibilty that Joe may be as stupid as Plugs Biden.

Quite a family. His daughter got the president of WVU fired for awarding her a phony MBA.

Then there was A. James Manchin, who ran around the state looking like a character from Li'l Abner, on his crusade against junk cars in front yards.

He got elected state treasurer and then was impeached for managing somehow to lose $300 million in state funds during a bull market.

Now Crazy Joe has come out in favor of gun grabbing in a state where that will lose you about thirty percent of the vote.

The Manchin family must have a dominant stupid gene.

Not stupid... arrogant. Real arrogant. Thinks he is king. You think obumbles is arrogant, King Joe got him beat by a mile. He was worse when he was governor. He called our resident liberal rags statehouse beat reporter in one day and berated him up and down for something, can't remember what now, and said statehouse beat reporter skewered his ass in the next column. Then he had the reporter's office moved to the basement.

of course the liberal rag supported him in the next election. If I was the publisher I would have nailed his ass to the wall every chance I got.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi