Author Topic: NBA Finals (game two)  (Read 2506 times)

Offline ReardenSteel

NBA Finals (game two)
« on: June 08, 2008, 07:07:20 PM »
Second verse, same as the first?

Or will it be....
http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/10857743
BOSTON -- In Game 2 of the NBA Finals there is a solid chance Kobe Bryant will drop kick the Boston Celtics so hard, Larry Bird's great, great grandfather will feel the pain.

Will Kobe steal the show and help LA grab a win in Beantown?

I'm already on the record guessing Celtics in six, meaning they have to own home court. (and steal one of three in L.A.)

My guess is they go after Bryant again and contest everything he does. (see game uno) With better play from Perkins at Center and fewer dumb turnovers, they can head out West feeling strong and putting the pressure on.

Tip off in about an hour. (when do I order the pizza?)
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline ReardenSteel

Re: NBA Finals (game two)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 08:31:20 PM »
Couple ticky-tac fouls called on Kobe. The second much worse than the first.  :whatever:

I wanna see LA crash and burn but only it it's fair and square people.

Surprising Tech. foul are KG too but I didn't see that one. (??)

oops, game on...
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 08:44:47 PM »
Lots of quick whistles going against the Lakers.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 09:11:07 PM »
Lakers cut the lead to four then get sloppy as hells and now trail by 10.

(what's the FT differ? like 15-2 Boston?)

- Ayn Rand

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 09:21:06 PM »

Boston=19
Lakers=2

Boston is leading exactly by they FTs Made difference.

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 09:21:36 PM »
Big first half by the Celtics!

I starting to wonder if the the refs were as bad as I thought when this thing started. LA is just flat footed and looking lazy. That kind of thing will lead to hackin', turnovers, short shots and poor rebounding and I'm seeing all of the above from the Lakers.

Right now Boston just wants it more.

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 09:22:28 PM »

Boston=19
Lakers=2

yeah, just heard that as they headed to the locker rooms. (hmmmm)

:uhsure:

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2008, 10:20:11 PM »
Who are those guys? I've haven't seen the Lakers look this bad all playoffs.

I think those early bad calls got into their heads. They are just mailing it in and running out of time to fix that tonight.

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 10:42:46 PM »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a game. FARK!!!!

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2008, 10:52:29 PM »
phew. 

:-)

- Ayn Rand

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2008, 10:41:24 AM »
Where was the Laker Defense? Two guys stand there while the Boston Player (Powe?) runs by for the slam dunk! Are the Celtics this good or the Lakers that bad? We'll see in LA I guess.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2008, 03:16:50 PM »
Where was the Laker Defense? Two guys stand there while the Boston Player (Powe?) runs by for the slam dunk! Are the Celtics this good or the Lakers that bad? We'll see in LA I guess.

You get gun-shy about playing tight defense when the ref. is in your ear with a whistle every time you hand check the other team.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 06:48:50 PM by Odin's Hand »