Author Topic: With right to work advancing in states which state will be the first to have low  (Read 806 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
kimbutgar (496 posts)

With right to work advancing in states which state will be the first to have lower wages than China?

If we don't fight back soon, this will spread with the citizens united money. The Kochs probably have their eyes on Illinois next as the press has demonized the democratic governor. I see in the next 5 years the elimination of minimum wage laws if the GOP get back in power in 2014. Then we will be slums while we export our middle class lifestyle to China. These Koch roaches are not going to stop we have to smash the koch roaches sooner rather than later.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021969117

One problem with that DUmmy, there is a federal min wage, and there is a state min wage in every state, and usually the state one is higher than what the feds require. So unless China starts having a min wage of over $7.50/ hr no state can have a lower min wage than in China.

These poor fools actually believe that if it weren't for unions they would get paid 20 cents/ hr.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Undies

The minimum wage holds wages down and is counter-productive, but it is impossible to explain that to a DUmbass. 

The minimum wage is a stopping point as well as a starting point. 

Offline jukin

Dr. Thomas Sowell calls minimum wage laws, black youth unemployment laws.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Undies

I dare change that to ALL-Youth Unemployment Laws.  I would not pay some kid $8.00 an hour to take out the trash and sweep the warehouse.  It is not worth $8.00 an hour -- and THERE squats The Toad of Conundrum.

Offline Karin

These poor fools actually believe that if it weren't for unions they would get paid 20 cents/ hr.

With private sector union participation at only about 7%, doesn't it stand to the DUmmies reason, that we should all be making 20 cents per hour already?

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Shhhh...stop it.  You're confusing them.

And newsflash, DUmmies.  Just to be sure, I nadined it.  Per capita income in the US in 2011 according to the CIA Factbook is $37,870.  In China, it's $4930.

Nice try, though.  Unions aren't keeping our wages up, DUmmies.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
I dare change that to ALL-Youth Unemployment Laws.  I would not pay some kid $8.00 an hour to take out the trash and sweep the warehouse.  It is not worth $8.00 an hour -- and THERE squats The Toad of Conundrum.

My company pays me -- a certain amount per hour that is significantly higher than $8.00 an hour for what I do.  Among my job duties at end of shift is to keep the floors and shelves clean (sweeping, mopping, spray and wipe).  I am forbidden to take overtime without advance notice (!) and the company is required to pay OT if I work past scheduled end of shift-- so, I have to knock off my primary work early to do housekeeping.

This means that for up to 5 hours a week they're paying me 'way over $8.00 an hour to do light janitorial work.  I guess they think that costs less than having me do my primary job right up to the stroke of 3:30 and hire "some kid" part time for minimum wage to do the other stuff.  That's their business; they're paying for my time and effort and are entitled to waste both if they wish.  The fact that I think it's danged stoooopud is irrelevant.

Your mileage may vary.
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels

Offline thundley4

My company pays me -- a certain amount per hour that is significantly higher than $8.00 an hour for what I do.  Among my job duties at end of shift is to keep the floors and shelves clean (sweeping, mopping, spray and wipe).  I am forbidden to take overtime without advance notice (!) and the company is required to pay OT if I work past scheduled end of shift-- so, I have to knock off my primary work early to do housekeeping.

This means that for up to 5 hours a week they're paying me 'way over $8.00 an hour to do light janitorial work.  I guess they think that costs less than having me do my primary job right up to the stroke of 3:30 and hire "some kid" part time for minimum wage to do the other stuff.  That's their business; they're paying for my time and effort and are entitled to waste both if they wish.  The fact that I think it's danged stoooopud is irrelevant.

Your mileage may vary.

On Sunday afternoons, my last day of work, I spend the last half hour sweeping the work area and putting stuff away.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom

One of the smartest people in the whole dang republic!

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Is is an interesting stat I got from wolframalpha. The average salary in Florida which has a large service industry and is a right to work state: $47.661 per year
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=average+salary+in+florida

The average salary in Michigan which has a large union based manufacturing industry and wasn't a right to work state: $48, 423 per year.
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=average+salary+in+michigan

Not much a difference between a forced unionized state and a right to work state
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 02:05:57 PM by FlaGator »
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline thundley4

Is is an interesting stat I got from wolframalpha. The average salary in Florida which has a large service industry and is a right to work state: $47.661 per year
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=average+salary+in+florida

The average salary in Michigan which has a large union based manufacturing industry and wasn't a right to work state: $48, 423 per year.
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=average+salary+in+michigan

Not much a difference between a forced unionized state and a right to work state

But that doesn't take into account how much of that salary goes to union dues in Michigan.

Offline NHSparky

Or cost of living.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline thundley4

Or cost of living.

That is something the DUmmies and the MSM ignore when comparing pay in RTW states, versus unionized states.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
That is something the DUmmies and the MSM ignore when comparing pay in RTW states, versus unionized states.

Primitives ignore every fact they dislike - all of them.

For example, Madcow was going off last night about all the rethugs who only won the last election because of Gerrymandering. She totally ignored all of the Republican governor victories - which is what she does. Some of PMSNBC's talking heads outright lie, whereas Madcow simply refuses to acknowledge anything she disagrees with.   

Offline NHSparky

Primitives ignore every fact they dislike - all of them.

For example, Madcow was going off last night about all the rethugs who only won the last election because of Gerrymandering. She totally ignored all of the Republican governor victories - which is what she does. Some of PMSNBC's talking heads outright lie, whereas Madcow simply refuses to acknowledge anything she disagrees with.   

Look at some Democrat districts and tell me they haven't been gerrymandered to hell and gone.

http://www.tnr.com/blog/plank/109938/welcome-americas-most-gerrymandered-district#

And those Rethugs in Maryland...wait, oh--nevermind.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Look at some Democrat districts and tell me they haven't been gerrymandered to hell and gone.

http://www.tnr.com/blog/plank/109938/welcome-americas-most-gerrymandered-district#

And those Rethugs in Maryland...wait, oh--nevermind.

Exactly.

But its always the same song - A Democrat wins, "The people have spoken", whereas a Republican can only win because of some sort of chicanery.

Offline Zeus

Since the Taft-Hartley Act was signed in 1947, 24 states have established Right to Work laws for residents and employees. Right to Work states are: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Michigan, Nebraska, Nevada, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

Some employees in certain industries, regardless of whether they live in right-to-work states, are not protected by these laws. Railway and airline employees are among those not protected under Right to Work laws. Some jobs with federal jurisdiction may also not be covered by Right to Work laws.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.