Author Topic: Woman couldn't wait for riot to break out- gets killed trying to steal TV  (Read 1779 times)

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021962475

ashling (16,937 posts)

View profile
Walmart security guard shoots 'shoplifting' mother dead in parking lot as she tries to escape with t
Shelly Frey was shot dead attempting to drive away from off-duty sheriff deputy Louis Campbell who suspected her of shoplifting

He fired when Frey and her two alleged accomplices accelerated when he opened the car door

There were two small children in the car at the time of the shooting

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2245074/Walmart-security-guard-shoots-shoplifting-mother-dead-parking-lot-tries-escape-young-children.html

The shooter was an off duty police officer.

mike_c (30,959 posts)
1. this is crazy....

View profile
What is Walmart doing with ARMED guards, for ****'s sake? Summary execution for stealing low value property? I thought that sort of thing went out of fashion after the dark age.

Play stupid game. Win stupid prize.

sabrina 1 (31,552 posts)
49. And the woman, seeing a gun-wielding individual chasing after her,

View profile
most likely, and correctly as it turns out in her case, felt her life might be in danger and tried to get out of there as fast as possible. She may have been a bad driver, or so scared she didn't know what she was doing, worried that some lunatic with a gun was so close to the car in which she had children.

She is dead, he is not. Why was he running around a Walmart Parking lot with a loaded gun where there are children and other shoppers he could have hit also.

She stole some merchandise. The sensible thing to do would have been to take down her license plate number, and let it be handled the way it should have been handled.

No one should get the death sentence for stealing. He drew a gun and I know if I did that and aimed at someone I would know that there was a huge chance I might kill them. Which is why I don't walk around with deadly weapons.

I have a feeling Walmart will be pleased with what they will view as the 'deterrent' effect of this tragedy. Money is everything to Walmart.

Stolen car or stolen license plate.

2naSalit (479 posts)
66. Reasonable options for said officer...

View profile
Take down plate # and deal with it in a more civil fashion

If shooting was the only option, and I think not, shoot tires of vehicle, then approach vehicle

Call in the plate #

Call in the plate #

Call in the plate #

Point, there were children present, he was off duty (according to the article), and the items taken couldn't have amounted to very much no matter how many reachable items the three alleged women may have crammed into their purses. Nothing of value is easily accessible in a Walmart. You have to pay for it before the clerk lets you hold it in your hand after they fetch it from a locked cabinet. This guy just decided she needed to be dead since she wasn't accepting his authority, he shot her in the neck.

...oh yeah, and she was not white.

So she was killed because she was black? I think not. She was killed because she was a thief and tried to run down a cop.

Bandit (19,461 posts)
62. Why would he fear his life was in danger as she was driving AWAY

View profile
Granted she may have knocked him down when she backed up but once she started driving away he was no longer in any danger. He was just pissed and took it out with his gun even though he knew children were in the vehicle.. I hope he goes to jail...

If she had no qualms about running down a uniformed officer, she wouldn't hesitate to run down any innocent person who got in her way. She had to be put down.

Sen. Walter Sobchak (5,429 posts)
14. If there was a serial killer who murdered and pissed on joggers in Runyon Canyon...

View profile
There would be a DU subject titled "man sentenced to death for peeing in park"

Hyperbole Underground.

Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: Woman couldn't wait for riot to break out- gets killed trying to steal TV
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 06:37:12 PM »
Tucker, these idiots don't get it, never have, never will.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 06:52:26 PM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVnplh7gnlU[/youtube]
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 07:03:25 PM »
"Tragically, Frey wasn't even supposed to be at a Walmart that evening.

Earlier in the year she pleaded guilty to stealing shirts and a package of meat from another Walmart and as part of her plea arrangement she agreed to never enter Walmart stores again."

So, a convicted shoplifter gets noticed as she is robbing a store that she is banned from entering - she panics, and attempts to take out an officer by backing up over him.

That action is probably considered assault with a deadly weapon, and the officer was justified in fighting back. 

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 07:12:09 PM »
mike_c (30,959 posts)
Summary execution for stealing low value property? I thought that sort of thing went out of fashion after the dark age.
It's not as common these days, but it sure is nice when it happens.

Offline Tucker

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 07:35:49 PM »
It's obama's fault. If Romney had won the election, then justifiable riots would have broken out all over the US, giving the recently deceased the chance to get a new TV, along with everyone else.

Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Undies

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 07:56:36 PM »
Her death and AIDS have a great deal in common:  100% preventable.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 08:14:28 PM »
Hey dumbasses. Ever ask yourself why I should care about her life and liberty when she was willing to sell Both for a tv? Sorry no pity. She set her value and its not the police officers fault she put the value so low and divided it further by attempting to run said officer down. One less thief probably from the taxpayers too.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 08:24:32 PM »
Stealing is stealing...it's a mindset, not a price tag. Comes from people who think they're owed a living. Government sponging teaches that.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 08:57:05 PM »
If shooting was the only option, and I think not, shoot tires of vehicle, then approach vehicle
DUmmies, that only works on TV. In real life, not so much.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Tucker

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2012, 09:13:23 PM »
In some states they can charge the two accomplices with premeditated murder.

Offline jukin

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, 09:13:47 PM »
He said that his daughter had moved to Houston after Hurricane Katrina to start a new life, but the amount of work she could do was limited by her two-year-old who has sickle cell anemia.

Genetics quiz. Why are only black people afflicted with sickle cell anemia?

Kesha Sapp, a woman who knew Frey, agreed.

'What that look like with him shooting with the darn kids in the car? There were kids in the car with them. Why is he shooting at the car? Come on now, that makes him look bad. That don’t even look right,' said Sapp.

No comment.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2012, 07:59:24 AM »
Genetics quiz. Why are only black people afflicted with sickle cell anemia?

No comment.

This is not TRUE.  Found out the hard way, friends and family.

Friend that was Greek first generation America had to have her children tested for SA.   

My own daughter that married a White American had to have her son tested as the grandparents came from Armenia.   

The areas around the Mediterranean with white populations for some reason are what is called the bed of SA.

Not all SA is a black or African disease, Much depends on the area they were born and be they Turks or Spanish, they are considered White.

Now that you speak of only one race having this disease, can you please explain genetics to me.   Who is considered black, who is considered white.   Asian is perhaps the easiest to understand.    What disease do the the Asians carry that a native of Australia does not carry ?????

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2012, 08:54:52 AM »
The fire has slowed down a bit.
Did find a couple tidbits.

Sen. Walter Sobchak (5,429 posts)
14. If there was a serial killer who murdered and pissed on joggers in Runyon Canyon...

View profile
There would be a DU subject titled "man sentenced to death for peeing in park"

Response to Sen. Walter Sobchak (Reply #14)
Tue Dec 11, 2012, 06:38 PM
 ProudToBeBlueInRhody (9,418 posts)
55. LOL

Sadly, this is true. And someone would have to call the cops "pigs" and the person who turned him in a "narc".

OK, Keep the boldened in mind.
Further down the page....
Response to Pacafishmate (Reply #63)
Tue Dec 11, 2012, 07:07 PM
 mike_c (30,970 posts)
71. not trying to open the door of a moving car and stand in it might have helped, too....

The guard was a pig.
Right on cue.
Who says primitives aren't classy.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2012, 12:30:26 PM »

Adios, cucaracha!
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2012, 03:15:09 PM »
DUmmies, that only works on TV. In real life, not so much.

Kinda explains their entire worldview, doesn't it?

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx