Author Topic: Pasta with Tomato, Basil and Chevre sauce...  (Read 1643 times)

Offline marv

• In Memoriam
  • Resident Grandpa
Pasta with Tomato, Basil and Chevre sauce...
« on: December 09, 2012, 01:29:33 PM »
Pasta with Tomato, Basil and Chevre sauce

1 lb. pasta, any kind;
1 or 2 large ripe tomatoes;
1/4 cup (good) extra-virgin olive oil;
fresh or dried basil leaves;
2 cloves garlic, minced fresh or dried;
4-5 ounces fresh chevre cheese;
sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste

Put the pasta in to boil.. Chop the tomatoes into small bits. Combine in a bowl with the other ingredients. Use lots of pepper. The chevre cheese will melt and combine with the ingredients into a creamy sauce when the hot drained pasta is added to the bowl. Toss and serve. You can substitute or add a lot of ingredients.

Crumbled Feta can be added, and mushrooms or peppers can be used in place of the tomatoes.
FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: THE SOAP BOX, THE BALLOT BOX, THE JURY BOX, AND THE CARTRIDGE BOX.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
Re: Pasta with Tomato, Basil and Chevre sauce...
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 02:46:28 PM »
Pasta with Tomato, Basil and Chevre sauce

1 lb. pasta, any kind;
1 or 2 large ripe tomatoes;
1/4 cup (good) extra-virgin olive oil;
fresh or dried basil leaves;
2 cloves garlic, minced fresh or dried;
4-5 ounces fresh chevre cheese;
sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste

Put the pasta in to boil.. Chop the tomatoes into small bits. Combine in a bowl with the other ingredients. Use lots of pepper. The chevre cheese will melt and combine with the ingredients into a creamy sauce when the hot drained pasta is added to the bowl. Toss and serve. You can substitute or add a lot of ingredients.

Crumbled Feta can be added, and mushrooms or peppers can be used in place of the tomatoes.

That sounds really good! I think I have seen Chevre cheese at the commissary.

Gotta have some meat with it. Grilled Italian sausage, I think.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Re: Pasta with Tomato, Basil and Chevre sauce...
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 08:01:36 PM »
When I need a quick meal I sauté some garlic (the minced garlic out of a jar from the produce section) in olive oil, add a couple or three cans of petite diced tomatoes, a little sea salt, sugar to cut the acidity of the tomatoes, basil (I use freeze dried basil from the produce section, it's where the salad stuff is. I also use  the freeze dried red onion in salads too.), italian seasoning and I'm done. Serve it over pasta and add Parmesan cheese on top before serving. I start the pasta then make the "sauce", by the time the pasta is finished everything is done (including the salad and bread). I always have everything on hand to make it so I can make a quick meal if I need to. Everyone loves it too.