Author Topic: 34 Insanely Simple Two-Ingredient Recipes  (Read 2838 times)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: 34 Insanely Simple Two-Ingredient Recipes
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 01:03:11 PM »
Let me know when you've tried one of them. I got a stomach ache looking at that list.  Nutella pie? :-)

The pizza dough looks like a cool trick.  I will definitely have to try it.

The "Italian chicken" is good... I've used it before.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 01:03:48 PM »
Wow... thanks!  I'll have to try these.  Those soda can cupcakes look interesting.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 01:08:29 PM »
"Thin Mints"

"Nutella + Milk = Hot Chocolate"

It's on. :cheersmate:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 01:15:51 PM »
Wow... thanks!  I'll have to try these.  Those soda can cupcakes look interesting.
There's a similar recipe that's been floating around for years.  I've heard self-rising flour and 7-Up makes decent biscuits but I would rather try the buttermilk.

I noticed half the items on that list include self-rising flour.  Sounds like a good way to put on the pounds.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 01:44:18 PM »
I've done the italian dressing chicken before.  It turns out pretty good, and it is an easy quick entree when you don't have much in the kitchen. 

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 01:45:10 PM »
Let me know when you've tried one of them. I got a stomach ache looking at that list.  Nutella pie? :-)

The pizza dough looks like a cool trick.  I will definitely have to try it.

The "Italian chicken" is good... I've used it before.

The Oreo, Magic Shell, Palmiers, Cheese Chips, Chocolate Truffles, Kiss Pies and Macaroon Cookies looked kind of good, the pizza dough is a cool idea, and I've made the chicken with Italian Dressing before and it's great.

Wow... thanks!  I'll have to try these.  Those soda can cupcakes look interesting.

Definitely great for a working Mom where your time is so limited.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 01:47:58 PM by Ballygrl »
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 01:48:56 PM »
I love marinades.  I've used an entire bottle of soy sauce in a week making teriyaki.

I don't normally marinate my chicken -- I prefer dry spices for that.  I cook chicken breast to 155° because it's "done" quicker but the rest of the bird gets cooked to 165°.  That way, the breast doesn't dry out.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, 02:06:05 PM »
Another use for the italian dressing is using it on potatoes, you cut the potatoes up, I like to boil them until they start to get soft, put them in a baking pan, pour the italian dressing over it, I sometimes add green beans or peas, and bake it in the oven until the potatoes are done, it's awesome.

Offline Karin

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 02:38:28 PM »
2. Pitted Dates + Coconut Butter = No Bake Coconut Cookie Dough Balls

4. Can of Strawberry Frosting + White Chocolate Chips = Strawberry Fudge
9. Soy Yogurt + Sweetener = Vegan Pinkberry

Oh yuck.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 07:27:44 PM »
Oh yuck.
Yeah, some of them are kinda gross.  :rotf:

As a joke, my sister got me The Starving Student Cookbook when I was college.  Never mind I had been cooking for a living for over a decade at the time, but it had these awful recipes like spaghetti with ketchup.  I've never used a single thing out of it.

She also bought me a Taco Bell-branded quesadilla press... I don't think she put a lot of thought into that particular gift.