Author Topic: Pres. Bush was RIGHT about Iraq's nuclear ambitions....  (Read 1762 times)

Offline marv

• In Memoriam
  • Resident Grandpa
Pres. Bush was RIGHT about Iraq's nuclear ambitions....
« on: December 07, 2012, 01:34:42 PM »
NBC 'fesses up:

The last major remnant of Saddam Hussein's nuclear program — a huge stockpile of concentrated natural uranium — reached a Canadian port Saturday to complete a secret U.S. operation that included a two-week airlift from Baghdad and a ship voyage crossing two oceans.

The removal of 550 metric tons of "yellowcake" — the seed material for higher-grade nuclear enrichment — was a significant step toward closing the books on Saddam's nuclear legacy. It also brought relief to U.S. and Iraqi authorities who had worried the cache would reach insurgents or smugglers crossing to Iran to aid its nuclear ambitions.

(snip)

The yellowcake issue also is one of the many troubling footnotes of the war for Washington.

A CIA officer, Valerie Plame, claimed her identity was leaked to journalists to retaliate against her husband, former Ambassador Joe Wilson, who wrote that he had found no evidence to support assertions that Iraq tried to buy additional yellowcake from Niger.

A federal investigation led to the conviction of I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, Vice President Dick Cheney's chief of staff, on charges of perjury and obstruction of justice.

...and so does CNN:

The last major remnant of Saddam Hussein's nuclear program a huge stockpile of concentrated natural uranium reached a Canadian port Saturday to complete a secret U.S. Operation that included a two week airlift from Baghdad and a ship voyage crossing two oceans. See anything wrong with this picture? We have been hearing from the far-left for more than five years how,Bush lied. Somehow, that slogan loses its credibility now that 550 metric tons of Saddam's yellowcake, used for nuclear weapon enrichment, has been discovered and shipped to Canada for its new use as nuclear energy.

(snip)

Once the AP released the story, the mainstream media should have picked it up and broadcast it worldwide. This never happened, due in large part I believe, to the fact that the mainstream media would have to admit they were wrong about Bush's war motives all along. Thankfully, the AP got it right when it said, "The removal of 550 metric tons of yellowcake, the seed material for higher-grade nuclear enrichment was a significant step toward closing the books on Saddam's nuclear legacy.

(snip)

...do you think these aforementioned parties will apologize and admit they were wrong? Don't count on it. The rest of the American people should hear the truth about Saddam's uranium. It is up to you and me to inform them every chance we get. As far as the anti-war crowd is concerned, the next time they say that, Bush lied, we should tell them to, "Have the yellowcake and eat it too".

I wonder if anybody picked this up over at DU........NOT!

Now, I wonder if sarin gas is Obama's "WMD"........
FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: THE SOAP BOX, THE BALLOT BOX, THE JURY BOX, AND THE CARTRIDGE BOX.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Re: Pres. Bush was RIGHT about Iraq's nuclear ambitions....
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 02:00:33 PM »
I remember hearing reports of the truck convoys heading into Syria.

I was under the mistaken(?) assumption that it all ended up buried in the Bekaa Valley in Lebanon.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

If you wait by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will float by.
-Sun Tzu

Offline Gratiot

Re: Pres. Bush was RIGHT about Iraq's nuclear ambitions....
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 05:33:27 PM »
This wasn't WMD, it was known stockpiles of yellowcake that were from Iraqs nuclear power program, primarily from the eighties.  It had been inventoried, sealed, and secured under UN inspectors for decades.  It really wasn't even deemed paricularly valuable for a dirty bomb, you can buy it by the to. On the open market-essentially, every country that mines uranium produces it.