Author Topic: Knorr vs. McCormick  (Read 1880 times)

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
Knorr vs. McCormick
« on: December 02, 2012, 03:37:15 PM »
Seems like Knorr has gone on a ad blitz and any cooking show I watch has these big ad's for all the new products Knorr has come up with.

I really like the idea of their cooking bags, no mess no clean up.   Add in the fact that I do not have to buy seasonings I may have to uses 3 times a year------I tried it out.

Easy open, all was in separate compartments, so far so good.  I tried chicken boneless skin removed , just put it in the bag, emptied the seasoning in, tied it up and baked for 35 minutes.   Very good.

Then a week or so later Hubby brought home Mc Cormick, cooking bags.   A big difference first I could not get the cooking bag that I found in with the seasoning open, then I had to add flour and water to the mix, could not find a tie so had to use one from a loaf of bread.  Came out eatable .

Not to be deterred I had a Knorr cooking bag for Garlic Parmesan chicken.   No Chicken so I threw in 4 porkchops.  Oh Momma was that good, better then chicken.

Compairing the two products I find the McCormick's needs other things added, the Knorr just pour it in.   Cost , not that much different when one has to add nothing but the seasoning in the bag.

Then there is the fact that McCormick's bags need to be vented and the cooking dish may be needed to be washed,  With Knorr the dish is clean, no washing needed.

Now Knorr has these new Home style stock containers that I tried with a  rice dish------excellent.

Has anyone tried these two products and compaired them ??? 

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Re: Knorr vs. McCormick
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 03:55:57 PM »
I haven't tried what you mentioned, but I personally like Knorr products better than McCormick.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 03:57:34 PM »
<<when thinks of it, buys boxes of Knorr's oxtail soup.

It's great, but perhaps it's a tad bit too salty for most people's tastes.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Karin

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 10:16:23 AM »
I have not tried those, but thanks for the review, Vesta.  Sounds like it's worth a look.