Author Topic: The Dealership  (Read 1512 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
The Dealership
« on: December 01, 2012, 05:57:55 PM »
I called the only Toyota dealership in the city to have my Camry repaired.  It has a 5-speed manual and the hydraulic system on the clutch had worn to the point where the slave cylinder was leaking and the master cylinder had collapsed.  I replaced the entire hydraulic system with aftermarket parts but the threaded connections on the master cylinder and the lines themselves continued to leak, so I have no pressure at the clutch pedal and the car is currently undriveable.

When I called the dealership, I gave the service department my information and told them the car would be there in an hour.  20 minutes after the wrecker leaves, I get a call from the same dealership telling me they've never heard of me.  I explained what was wrong with the car and he tells me they won't even look at it for less than $300 and it's going to cost far more then $1000 to fix.  On top of that, you can't find a $2,000-3,000 used car at a dealership anymore because the prices are twice that.  Yes, I could pay cash for a used car but I don't want to spend the money.  That's what credit is for.  I found a Sentra for $2000 that was in fairly decent shape but I just paid for brand-new tires on my Toyota and they won't fit that Nissan.

Anyway, I'm having my car towed to a local garage down the street.  We'll see what he says.  At least he speaks English.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Re: The Dealership
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 08:12:46 PM »
When my son drove to Cleveland for the first time to go to college his engine blew. Luckily my husband was with him. A tow from where they were to Cleveland cost over $500, the new engine $5000. Should have junked that POS back then, it has been nothing but problems (VW GTI).

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: The Dealership
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 08:39:03 PM »
I saw an old GTI at the gas station the other weekend.  It was painted lime green.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.