Author Topic: SEC vs. ND  (Read 17784 times)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: SEC vs. ND
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2012, 04:40:45 PM »
Some of you are too nice when it comes to these things.  For me, there's a handful of schools that if they win the national championship in any sport,  I just write off that year as being one where it wasn't really worth playing if that was the final result.  ND is one of those teams.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline cclanofirish

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2012, 05:02:06 PM »
Some of you are too nice when it comes to these things.  For me, there's a handful of schools that if they win the national championship in any sport,  I just write off that year as being one where it wasn't really worth playing if that was the final result.  ND is one of those teams.

Well, you won't have to worry if "the SEC is the best conference in the world". Surely the best conference representative should be able to beat a non-conference team. Go Irish!  :fuelfire: :-)

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2012, 07:55:03 PM »
Well, you won't have to worry if "the SEC is the best conference in the world". Surely the best conference representative should be able to beat a non-conference team.

Like a drum, my friend, like a drum...
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2012, 12:00:32 AM »
How about $50 provided it is AL vs ND. The loser donates the money to this web site. We can make it less or more; make it lite on yourself.

I'll do the same bet with Georgia. Georgia has more NFL-caliber players on its team right now than Bama. They just have an extremely conservative coach. He needs to stop being a *****. Grantham was a good choice. God knows, Willie Martinez sucked. Mike Bobo isn't too much better, but he has gotten better, if that means anything.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2012, 11:59:38 AM »
I'll do the same bet with Georgia. Georgia has more NFL-caliber players on its team right now than Bama. They just have an extremely conservative coach. He needs to stop being a *****. Grantham was a good choice. God knows, Willie Martinez sucked. Mike Bobo isn't too much better, but he has gotten better, if that means anything.

Nope. I bet on sure things. Plus, I will be pulling for GA to upset AL and then an @ss whipping on ND.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2012, 08:53:43 AM »
Pull all you want, but you'll see another Alabama National Champions banner in Tuscaloosa in the not distant future.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline tac

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2012, 12:03:57 PM »
Pull all you want, but you'll see another Alabama National Champions banner in Tuscaloosa in the not distant future.

I sure hope that happens.
When you have no basis for an argument, abuse the plaintiff.
Marcus Tullius Cicero

The more laws, the less justice.
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline cclanofirish

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2012, 09:28:26 PM »
How about $50 provided it is AL vs ND. The loser donates the money to this web site. We can make it less or more; make it lite on yourself.

I'll take that bet for $50. I predict Notre Dame will win the National Championship this year.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2012, 10:21:50 PM »
I'll take that bet for $50. I predict Notre Dame will win the National Championship this year.

Considering 'Bama is currently a 10 point favorite, hope you have your money ready.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline cclanofirish

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2012, 10:41:05 PM »
Considering 'Bama is currently a 10 point favorite, hope you have your money ready.

Vegas also had Oklahoma beating us by 10, so I am more than happy to put my money where my mouth is...Regardless, I think it will be an excellent game and have the nagging suspicion it will come down to a goal-line stand for Notre Dame.

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2012, 10:56:06 PM »
No SEC team has been beaten by another conference in the BCS championship game.

"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline cclanofirish

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2012, 10:59:14 PM »

Perfect, Notre Dame is not in a conference :)

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2012, 11:22:23 PM »
Perfect, Notre Dame is not in a conference :)

Let me re-word that for you:

No SEC team has ever lost to a non-SEC team in the BCS Championship game. In fact, no other conference has ever had both teams in the BCS Championship game.

Offline Maxiest

« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2012, 11:35:46 PM »
Let me re-word that for you:

No SEC team has ever lost to a non-SEC team in the BCS Championship game. In fact, no other conference has ever had both teams in the BCS Championship game.

:exactly:
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

-Milton Friedman

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2013, 09:56:43 PM »

You are on. Loser donates 50 bucks to CC.

Offline cclanofirish

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2013, 11:29:33 PM »

Perfect. Anyone else going to officially take on the bet?

Offline BigTex

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2013, 10:44:32 PM »
It's embarrassing that ND and Alabama were on the same
field
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism. -Kenny Powers

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2013, 10:48:19 PM »
Well, that went about like I expected...
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

Offline Maxiest

« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2013, 10:48:43 PM »
It's embarrassing that ND and Alabama were on the same
field

Amen!

-Milton Friedman

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2013, 10:49:41 PM »
Considering that Bama just beat THE DOUBLE DIGIT SPREAD by DOUBLE DIGITS, I stand by my statement that Notre Dame is the MOST overrated college football team of 2012.

Offline cclanofirish

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2013, 10:51:50 PM »

Time to eat my crow...awesome game by Bama. I need to find out how to donate the $50 as promised...anyone know the process?

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2013, 10:58:14 PM »
Perfect. Anyone else going to officially take on the bet?

Time to pay up. AL will be in the hunt next year also but they will have to get by Texas A & M, LSU, FL and a few other SEC teams. This should be a reminder that teams that do not play stiff competition have no business playing for the National Championship.

As a dieheart LSU fan, hats off to AL and coach Sabin. 

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2013, 11:00:40 PM »

This should be a reminder that teams that do not play stiff competition have no business playing for the National Championship. 

This...

C.S. Lewis

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2013, 11:05:03 PM »
Time to eat my crow...awesome game by Bama. I need to find out how to donate the $50 as promised...anyone know the process?

Above your last post in the left hand corner there is a icon to donate under several credit options.

Good luck to N.D. next year. Just stay away from top SEC teams. :-)

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2013, 06:24:32 AM »

BWWAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROLL TIDE!!!