Author Topic: The Military ruined this country  (Read 2979 times)

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Re: Re: The Military ruined this country
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2012, 01:46:24 PM »

But the point remains; some of the things developed by DARPA, et al, have found their way into civilian applications and provided untold benefit to our quality of life in virtually every way imaginable.

without DARPA the DUmmies wouldn't have the internet and without the internet there would be no DU so suck on that DUmmies.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Re: The Military ruined this country
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2012, 02:16:05 PM »
Well lookie here, the biggest idiot at the DUmp joined in,

BanTheGOP (930 posts)
28. I agree. It's time to disband the US Military

We should disband all foreign US Military operations and, instead, cede our control of the military to the United Nations, along with providing them the patents dedicated strictly to the development of women and children killing machines. This will show other nations of the world that we DO mean business in not showing our bullying side, and allow them to stand down their own weapons so we all live in in harmony.

This worked for Europe, so what's good for the goose is good for Ed Flanders too.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2012, 06:41:55 PM »
That thread is so ate up it's like it tied raw liver to itself and went swimming in a piranha-infested jungle river.

:argh:

For starters, DUmbshits, you could thank the military that you don't have to spell "Honor" with a "U" in it, of course there isn't any foreseeable reason you'd be using that word...

:bird:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline EagleKeeper

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2012, 07:02:50 PM »
BanTheGOP (930 posts)

We should disband all foreign US Military operations and, instead, cede our control of the military to the United Nations, along with providing them the patents dedicated strictly to the development of women and children killing machines. This will show other nations of the world that we DO mean business in not showing our bullying side, and allow them to stand down their own weapons so we all live in in harmony.

This worked for Europe, so what's good for the goose is good for Ed Flanders too.

I knew that BTG was is an idiot but I guess I didn't understand how far down the rabbit hole he has gone. I got banzored form the island once arguing this same point.

Lets put a liberal democracy on the map and lets have it share a border with a dictatorship right.

Now lets imagine that the liberal democracy dissolves its military in order to foster peace, does one think that the dictatorship does the same?

That's not the human nature works, the grass is always greener on the other side. That has been the nature of war since our ancestors developed thumbs.

The most important idea to maintaining sovereignty is if you desire peace then prepare for war.

And as far as ceding our defense to the U.N.!! That is like handing the knife to jack the ripper.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

If you wait by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will float by.
-Sun Tzu

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2012, 07:28:03 PM »
I find it ironic that the only part of the federal government that the DUmmies hate is the one part that actually works.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline ironhorsedriver

« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2012, 07:37:38 PM »
GOD, I want to strangle these ass hats! Can there actually be people this stupid?

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2012, 07:53:15 PM »
Is there any group of people liberals don't hate?

Offline sybilll

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2012, 08:10:37 PM »
This really chaps my ass.  My family and ancestors have saved more lives like the DU morons than they have managed to abort.  I simply could not get through the thread, so please, please tell me that even at the risk of being banned, some former military member told them to eat a bowl of dicks. 

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2012, 08:19:02 PM »
This is so offensive.  Last week during the basketball game at the high school where my son coaches and teaches, they honored one of my son's friends from high school.  He was killed in Afghanistan last November.  I had the pleasure of sitting with his mother and brother during the game.  He was part of the basketball program and was one of the nicest young men you could ever meet. 

He was there fighting so the DUmmies could continue to spew their nonsense on the DUmp.  That whole free speech thing is so confusing to them. 

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2012, 08:34:49 PM »
Couple nice pie charts even DUmmies should be able to understand.  Eh, maybe not.  I've corrected their work.  Pravda had it right.

Free Pie Mash Here
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2012, 08:48:44 PM »

They don't hate the Islamic terrorist that want to kill them. You know, the ones that the military protects them from.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline RayRaytheSBS

• "There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men."
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2012, 09:46:14 PM »
If that is what they want to believe, than fine, they are entitled to their opinion. Just as I am entitled to the opinion that their castration of the one thing keeping them safe will bite them in the ass.  Unfortunately, it will take ground combat in CONUS to show them the error of their ways...
“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms”

“The best things in life are beyond money; their price is agony and sweat and devotion ... and the price demanded for the most precious of all things in life is life itself - ultimate cost for perfect value.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2012, 02:23:55 AM »
BanTheGOP (930 posts)

DOTY 2012...there it is...just give him the award.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2012, 02:24:22 AM »

The ones that hate America.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2012, 08:36:14 AM »
Yeah, Ban is making a hard run at the title.

And the fact that he's still an active member here but doesn't have the balls to come here and try to defend his position tells me all I really need to know about him as a man.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2012, 09:21:29 AM »
That last word just begs for airquotes, Sparky.

:cheersmate:

Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2012, 10:42:35 AM »
That last word just begs for airquotes, Sparky.

:cheersmate:

Well, physically speaking he might have the plumbing, but psychologically he just ain't got the makeup for it.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2012, 03:59:00 PM »
Look, you ignorant ****s...honestly I hope you all die choking to death on your own hate and bile and sooner rather than later and BTG, come over here and spew your bullshit and try to defend it, bet you won't, bet you don't have the balls. Personally, I'd like to cut them off with a dull, rusty straight edge razor...slowly, one little piece at a time, then your wanker and then grab myself a bag of popcorn and a Long Island Ice Tea and watch you bleed to death.

In the mean time, here's one of those handy government pie charts. If you add up all the pretty little numbers (math is hard, I know since in your pea brains 1+1=gimmee) you can see that entitlements make up over 60% while the military gets about 24%. Next time there's a disaster in your area I hope someone puts a sign in your yard that says "Hey National Guard, no thanks, I'm waiting for the UN!" How about those worthless ****s in congress. You okay with them earning over $200,000 a year and getting a lifetime pension regardless how short a time they serve? Now THAT'S an entitlement. Next time you want to spew your vile crap, you might think about thanking a vet...many countries, some of them your "pet" countries...you could be killed for saying those kinds of things.

"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2012, 04:06:45 PM »
If Social Security pays for itself*, why does it cost so much?

*This is the current argument from the left.  They claim that SSDI is not currently running a deficit, therefore there's no incentive to fix the system.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2012, 04:09:35 PM »
Personally, I'd like to cut them off with a dull, rusty straight edge razor...slowly, one little piece at a time, then your wanker and then grab myself a bag of popcorn and a Long Island Ice Tea and watch you bleed to death.

And every man on here says a collective "ouch".   :-)
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2012, 06:06:53 PM »
earthside (4,250 posts)

Special programs to find jobs for 'veterans' while those with no military 'service' are not accorded the same level of concern. Then there are career military retirees who draw a pension at 55 years old, then go to work for a 'defense' contractor and make thousands and thousands of dollars more each month courtesy of the gullible 'patriotic' middle class taxpayer.

We have created a special class of citizen in this country -- the military participant, who is praised and lauded for their personal choice, is/was paid by the rest of the taxpayers and who, if some are to be heeded, ought to be given more credence and deference on all issues (especially by the Repuglicans and veterans organizations who, I think if they could get their way, would give military personnel two votes each at election time).

You know I started a rant, and realized when I was done that it wouldn't make a difference.  The Dummies and their kind will never understand, duty, sacrifice, and commitment.  All they can see is that they aren't the ones "getting stuff" and like an adolescent child that is prevented from having something only for adults, are having a temper tantrum.  All their verbal diarrhea doesn't amount to jack squat.

"Don't argue about difficulties. The difficulties will argue for themselves."  - Winston Churchill

"Get some lumber, build a bridge, and get the hell over it" - Unknown

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2012, 09:00:10 PM »
The thread is still on page one at DUmmyland. Lots of sick bastards agree with the op.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2012, 06:14:48 AM »
earthside (4,250 posts)

Special programs to find jobs for 'veterans' while those with no military 'service' are not accorded the same level of concern. Then there are career military retirees who draw a pension at 55 years old, then go to work for a 'defense' contractor and make thousands and thousands of dollars more each month courtesy of the gullible 'patriotic' middle class taxpayer.

We have created a special class of citizen in this country -- the military participant, who is praised and lauded for their personal choice, is/was paid by the rest of the taxpayers and who, if some are to be heeded, ought to be given more credence and deference on all issues (especially by the Repuglicans and veterans organizations who, I think if they could get their way, would give military personnel two votes each at election time).
Guess what DUmmy, I do feel that I am better than you. I paid my dues to live in a free society, and that society is rewarding me for that service. You probably never had to do a hard days work in your life. You get to sleep in your bed every night and get to see your family every day. You will never know hardship. You will never know what it is like to watch your child take his first steps via a DVD your spouse sent you while you were deployed. Yes you got to see it for the first time 3 months after the fact. Seeing your spouse and kids probably never involved getting on a flights. You get to enjoy all your constitutional rights while I do not. But I have the responsibility of defending your rights.
Thanks to my service I have seen the world outside out borders. For all my travels and everything I enjoyed abroad the most valuable thing I got was the fact that there is no place in the world like the United States.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2012, 08:28:04 AM »

Dear DUmmies,

**** you.  If DU had a the equivalent of a dickpunch button I'd use it on all of you worthless ****ers.

I am a veteran.  I have never used any of those "preferences" of which you speak.  I spent over a decade on AD, and left because the pay and benefits I was getting for the hours I put in and sacrifices I made was a pittance compared to the opportunities which awaited me back in the civilian world.  I do not draw a pension, nor will I ever do so.  Even those who have spent 20-plus years on AD, assuming they make E-7/8 or O-5 if they're lucky get just about enough to make the house payment after taxes, meaning they still have to work until 65 just like the rest of us.

I've also been fortunate enough to demonstrate a skill set which is highly in demand.  Sorry for you poor dumb bastards who think incurring $100K in student loans getting a degree in Comparative Navel Gazing and thinking you're entitled to a corner office and company car so you can surf pron and eat Cheetos on someone else's dime is actually a realistic goal.

Comparatively few of us go to work for defense contractors.  OTOH, most of us work in the private sector.  I know people who work in utilities (like me), or in factories, engineering firms, or go to school to finish their degrees (which I paid for out-of-pocket, BTW.)  Notice that word though--WORK.  Busting our asses.  STILL.  I was a lazy bastard before I joined.  I thought I could do like I did up to that point in my life; just screw around, drift, get by, and nobody'd be the wiser.  No, DUmmies, I learned how to WORK.  Not just actual effort, but time managment, prioritizing, being able to LEAD.  Knowing that no matter how much I wanted something to happen, shit in one hand, wish in the other, see which one fills up faster.

All of these things and more I learned during my time in.  Honor, courage, commitment--they translate into my everyday life nearly 15 years since I left the service.  They are as much a part of me as any physical attributes.  You?  You sit on your ass with your hands out and bitch about someone who actually EXERTED EFFORT to accomplish something in life, and then wonder why people like me hold you in such scorn.

Well, the collapse is coming, sooner rather than later now that you ****sticks gave Dear Reader another four years to produce Skittle-shitting unicorns that you should have know damned well weren't coming, and will never come.  Guess you'll learn the lessons I learned, or perish.  Personally, I really don't give a shit which you do.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2012, 08:56:26 AM »
Dear DUmmies,

**** you.  If DU had a the equivalent of a dickpunch button I'd use it on all of you worthless ****ers.

I am a veteran.  I have never used any of those "preferences" of which you speak.  I spent over a decade on AD, and left because the pay and benefits I was getting for the hours I put in and sacrifices I made was a pittance compared to the opportunities which awaited me back in the civilian world.  I do not draw a pension, nor will I ever do so.  Even those who have spent 20-plus years on AD, assuming they make E-7/8 or O-5 if they're lucky get just about enough to make the house payment after taxes, meaning they still have to work until 65 just like the rest of us.

I've also been fortunate enough to demonstrate a skill set which is highly in demand.  Sorry for you poor dumb bastards who think incurring $100K in student loans getting a degree in Comparative Navel Gazing and thinking you're entitled to a corner office and company car so you can surf pron and eat Cheetos on someone else's dime is actually a realistic goal.

Comparatively few of us go to work for defense contractors.  OTOH, most of us work in the private sector.  I know people who work in utilities (like me), or in factories, engineering firms, or go to school to finish their degrees (which I paid for out-of-pocket, BTW.)  Notice that word though--WORK.  Busting our asses.  STILL.  I was a lazy bastard before I joined.  I thought I could do like I did up to that point in my life; just screw around, drift, get by, and nobody'd be the wiser.  No, DUmmies, I learned how to WORK.  Not just actual effort, but time managment, prioritizing, being able to LEAD.  Knowing that no matter how much I wanted something to happen, shit in one hand, wish in the other, see which one fills up faster.

All of these things and more I learned during my time in.  Honor, courage, commitment--they translate into my everyday life nearly 15 years since I left the service.  They are as much a part of me as any physical attributes.  You?  You sit on your ass with your hands out and bitch about someone who actually EXERTED EFFORT to accomplish something in life, and then wonder why people like me hold you in such scorn.

Well, the collapse is coming, sooner rather than later now that you ****sticks gave Dear Reader another four years to produce Skittle-shitting unicorns that you should have know damned well weren't coming, and will never come.  Guess you'll learn the lessons I learned, or perish.  Personally, I really don't give a shit which you do.

:clap:  Well said!