Author Topic: Secession petitions filed in 20 states  (Read 2811 times)

Offline CG6468

Secession petitions filed in 20 states
« on: November 12, 2012, 03:29:55 PM »
Secession petitions filed in 20 states
By Mike Krumboltz, Yahoo! News | The Lookout – 2 hrs 21 mins ago

In the wake of last week's presidential election, thousands of Americans have signed petitions seeking permission for their states to peacefully secede from the United States. The petitions were filed on We the People, a government website.

States with citizens filing include Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. Oddly, folks from Georgia have filed twice. Even stranger, several of the petitions come from states that went for President Barack Obama.

The petitions are short and to the point. For example, a petition from the Volunteer State reads: "Peacefully grant the State of Tennessee to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own NEW government." Of all the petitions, Texas has the most signatures so far, with more than 23,000.

NOT SURE ABOUT THIS ONE, BUT...
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline Karin

Re: Secession petitions filed in 20 states
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 03:46:42 PM »
Still, should the petitions garner 25,000 signatures in a month, they will require an official response from the Obama administration.

6,000 comments!

jeff  •  28 secs ago Considering large regions in OH and PA were found to not have a single Romney vote and the toll is rising. They feel as though the election was a farce. Zero for Romney? Not possible. In the days and weeks ahead there will be a roar about it for sure.

Gary  •  31 secs ago Yahoo: you 100% incorrect: this is not symbolic: this is a protest of a President that has divided the United States and lied to the people. I have decided (based on the election) which in my opinion was a biased, racist election to move to Brazil. There my money will go further

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 04:03:25 PM »
It used to really bother me when people talked about secession.  After this election I'm actually very comfortable with it.  I say it may be time to split the sheets, divide the dirty laundry and go our separate ways.  Let the producers have their part of the country and the takers can have theirs. 

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 04:19:21 PM »
 :whatever: